iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Apr 6, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #4,486 of 5,047
I recently read some discussion about chargers and charging.

Instead of using two chargers, I decided to use one smart charger which uses "GAN" chip technology so it would allow different charging power.
Screenshot_20220406-221931_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Then I purchased a specific cable (for the analog section), to set the charging at 12volts.
I found All the cables on Amazon, to be incorrect higher voltage setting cables. So they were no good and can cause unit to not charge.

So the only place for the proper 12v voltage cable, was on AliExpress.
Screenshot_20220406-221024_AliExpress.jpg
Then you have an ideal solution to charge both battery sections with one charger, and also extra ports for phone or other items as well.

As a habit, I charged when I turn unit off, to charge at night, so that way my unit was charged enough for the day and avoided the extra heat when using while charging.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #4,487 of 5,047

Instead of using two chargers, I decided to use one smart charger which uses "GAN" chip technology so it would allow different charging power.
Then I purchased a specific cable (for the analog section), to set the charging at 12volts.
I found All the cables on Amazon, to be incorrect higher voltage setting cables. So they were no good and can cause unit to not charge.

Then you have an ideal solution to charge both battery sections with one charger, and also extra ports for phone or other items as well.

As a habit, I charged when I turn unit off, to charge at night, so that way my unit was charged enough for the day and avoided the extra heat when using while charging.
Yes they work well. That is what I have always used with the MAX.

Apr 7, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #4,488 of 5,047

Nice. Looking forward to purchase one.

Apr 12, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #4,489 of 5,047
Silly question...

Is there a way to display the volume (and changes to it) on the screen? I just noticed it doesn't display other than the digital volume level in the top left corner.

Apr 12, 2022 at 12:36 AM Post #4,490 of 5,047
Silly question...

Is there a way to display the volume (and changes to it) on the screen? I just noticed it doesn't display other than the digital volume level in the top left corner.
Why would u need another in the display when there's already a volume knob that shows you physically what level it is at?

Apr 12, 2022 at 12:44 AM Post #4,492 of 5,047
I think people have signs and symptoms of presbyopia need this feature
It is an analog volume control so no indicator on the screen.

Apr 12, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #4,493 of 5,047
I think people have signs and symptoms of presbyopia need this feature
I have presbyopia... uh... no.

Anyway as @jamato8 pointed out, it's analog. I rather have true analog volume controls over a stepped digital volume designed to mimic an analog pot.

Apr 12, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #4,494 of 5,047
Thanks for the input. Yeah...certainly don't need it. Would be nice for the times I've docked it to an amp and forgotten to turn down the analog volume. Zero complaints about it not having one on the screen that matched what the dial was doing, just checking to see if it was a feature I had hidden. Really made it along time just fine without it and I will continue on.

Apr 12, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #4,495 of 5,047
Thanks for the input. Yeah...certainly don't need it. Would be nice for the times I've docked it to an amp and forgotten to turn down the analog volume. Zero complaints about it not having one on the screen that matched what the dial was doing, just checking to see if it was a feature I had hidden. Really made it along time just fine without it and I will continue on.
If you're using line-out, analog volume would not affect volume.

For me, I would have preferred a physical gain switch~ almost blew my ears out a few times switching between headphones and IEMs...

Apr 13, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #4,498 of 5,047
Apr 18, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #4,500 of 5,047
Speaking of volume I keep the number at 46 and high gain. The knob I henerally keep at 12 o'clock. 1-3 if I want to jam out for a moment. That's with my evos. I'm wondering others general output.

Also, I have run out of albums to listen to. Everything is getting boring so im hoping you guys can suggest some new music. Hopefully lesss known but well mastered stuff.

I really enjoyed Radioheads "OK Computer" on this unit. Also Cradle of Filth's "Damnation and a Day" and Coheed and Cambrias "second stage turbine blade"

Thank you for your cooperation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back