iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Apr 20, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #4,516 of 5,047
I should have patented my “EX” name....😂😂😂 that was a joke.

But I am not much a fan of AKM, just found out recently 🤣. So, not excited for it, but someone may still get my money 😆.

‘’Thanks for sharing the horrible news 🥲
So after all of the reviews and posts you’ve made previously, you didn’t know that you didn’t like AKM? That certainly throws a lot of things in question 😂

Apr 20, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #4,517 of 5,047
So after all of the reviews and posts you’ve made previously, you didn’t know that you didn’t like AKM? That certainly throws a lot of things in question 😂
Yeah, sometimes I am doubting myself even 🤣🤣. But, no, I always knew that I never really was a fan of AKM. I tried many of them out for sure, but I sold most of them. The only AKM I still have is the M30 😂, and it seems she is going soon later too. I always found excuses to try out new gears as much as possible....I can hardly resist any new gears, because I love modification and “sound tuning”. How do one tune, if he doesn’t even have enough experiences ?😂

yeah, another excuses to keep up this hobby ....😱 but keep it a secret though. There are some people I don’t want to know about this side of me!

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #4,518 of 5,047
Yeah, sometimes I am doubting myself even 🤣🤣. But, no, I always knew that I never really was a fan of AKM. I tried many of them out for sure, but I sold most of them. The only AKM I still have is the M30 😂, and it seems she is going soon later too. I always found excuses to try out new gears as much as possible....I can hardly resist any new gears, because I love modification and “sound tuning”. How do one tune, if he doesn’t even have enough experiences ?😂

yeah, another excuses to keep up this hobby ....😱 but keep it a secret though. There are some people I don’t want to know about this side of me!
You prob have that "newest sounds best" bug... All your enthusiasm for 3Max transferred over to N8ii~ >..<

Apr 20, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #4,519 of 5,047
You prob have that "newest sounds best" bug... All your enthusiasm for 3Max transferred over to N8ii~ >..<
Well, we all have that bug. But the N8ii is actually pretty good. I know my preferences pretty well, and I normally sell old gears to afford the next one. Ofcourse in order to modify and tune the gears that I deemed worthy. Atm, it is safe to say that the 2Max modified and Walkman M1 are all of excellent values. I also wouldn’t touch the 300Max because it would be easily messy. So IMO, 3Max is still top of the line. It tonal balances is not as much of my preferences as the 2Max or the N8ii, and that is the fact though.

However, as far as portability go, both maxes are still a power house. Nothing like it on the market still, let alone the amazing performances.

Apr 20, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #4,520 of 5,047
Well, we all have that bug. But the N8ii is actually pretty good. I know my preferences pretty well, and I normally sell old gears to afford the next one. Ofcourse in order to modify and tune the gears that I deemed worthy. Atm, it is safe to say that the 2Max modified and Walkman M1 are all of excellent values. I also wouldn’t touch the 300Max because it would be easily messy. So IMO, 3Max is still top of the line. It tonal balances is not as much of my preferences as the 2Max or the N8ii, and that is the fact though.

However, as far as portability go, both maxes are still a power house. Nothing like it on the market still, let alone the amazing performances.
Using the 3MAX to the Z10e to the Voce and some quality Mozart recorded music, is a delight. Openness, sweetness to the sound, layering, depth and realism are all there. Can't wait to hear what the DX320 does. But the 300MAX and the DX300 are very special. Different venues with the different daps. Wow, they have come so far.

Apr 20, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #4,521 of 5,047

I’m just pulling your leg. I’m in the same boat as you. For years I convinced myself I was only an R2R Ladder NOS guy and spent a ton of money on those DAC’s in my 2 channel system. Now listening to DAP’s that are Sabre or AKM, I realized tbat I missed a lot of detail, AND you can still have detail without brightness or etchiness.

Apr 20, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #4,522 of 5,047
I’m just pulling your leg. I’m in the same boat as you. For years I convinced myself I was only an R2R Ladder NOS guy and spent a ton of money on those DAC’s in my 2 channel system. Now listening to DAP’s that are Sabre or AKM, I realized tbat I missed a lot of detail, AND you can still have detail without brightness or etchiness.
Exactly :)!! And yeah I know. I think from all of the folks in different Fan base. Ibasso folks are a delight to have. Always so fun, friendly and humorous

Apr 23, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #4,525 of 5,047
Can people chime in on what headphones will work well with the DX 300 max? I don’t mean they can play them loud, I mean they can drive them effectively.

Sounds great with my Utopia and HD800S. They sound so fluid and with clean transitions.

That said, my Dx300 w/amp11mki is more dynamic and slammy sounding than the Dx300MAX SS. I honestly feel the dx300max is more side grade than an upgrade.

If you got a Utopia, which is already slammy & intense, then the dx300max SS sounds amazing with great synnergy.

But if you got a Hifiman he6se, then it will not sound intense & slammy off the dx300max. It will sound better with the compensation of the dx300 amp11mi dap.

After this observation, I now believe the HE6SE is not inherently slammy and power-memes are not the whole story. HE6SE needs assistance from a well known slammy source to sound slammy. Utopia doesn't need this help.

I think other than for the Utopia, I prefer the dx300amp11mki over the dx300MAX . As it compensates in ways most headphones/iems need assistance with.

If you have a Hifiman planar, then get the dx300 and use the amp11mki module.

I now wish I could try out the Dx300MAX Titanium model. Maybe I'll send out my SS model to NPaudio to get EXN'd. Or keep the dx300MAX for sets like the Utopia exclusively.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #4,526 of 5,047
If it can drive HD800S, then it can drive many other dynamic, except orthos
What ones, the HE6? :^). It does fine with the orthostatic I have. Mr. Speakers, Audeze and something else. The Focal Utopia sound very good with it as do the iBasso SR2.

Apr 23, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #4,527 of 5,047
HE6? Thats is notorious for needing a lot of power. Same with the Susvara. I'd really question any DAP driving the HE6 to its potential.

Right now I have the Empyrean Elite on loan. I'm not sure if I like it or hate it. I think the best I can say is its safe sounding.

I have always had open headphones and not sure if I would like closed back since I like a big soundstage. I think I got spoiled with the the Abyss 1266 TC with speaker amp for thee last two years.

Utopia and 800S are not my type of sound. Too sensitive to that type of treble and neither have the bass I like.

Would it be enough power for any of the Dan Clark cans (previous Ether Flow Open), or Final Audio D8000?

Can you piggy bag another amp to the DX300 Max?

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #4,528 of 5,047
HE6? Thats is notorious for needing a lot of power. Same with the Susvara. I'd really question any DAP driving the HE6 to its potential.

Right now I have the Empyrean Elite on loan. I'm not sure if I like it or hate it. I think the best I can say is its safe sounding.

I have always had open headphones and not sure if I would like closed back since I like a big soundstage. I think I got spoiled with the the Abyss 1266 TC with speaker amp for thee last two years.

Utopia and 800S are not my type of sound. Too sensitive to that type of treble and neither have the bass I like.

Would it be enough power for any of the Dan Clark cans (previous Ether Flow Open), or Final Audio D8000?

Can you piggy bag another amp to the DX300 Max?
No, it will not drive the HE6 to potential.

Sure, I use excellent home amps all the time from the Z10e, the Quicksilver amp and the Manley Absolute and others. Great results!

Apr 23, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #4,530 of 5,047
If any one wants I can sell my C9 amp. That is how confident I am of liking my dx300 amp11mki more for my HE6SE.

This sounds less bass slammy
20220420_215217.jpg

While this sounds more bass slammy and dynamic in my HE6SE:
20210609_181936.jpg

Only the Focal Utopia benefits from my dx300MAX. But even then, it still sounds more pleasing out of the dx300 amp11mki more; better seperation and the bass slam keeps its full potential.

The dx300Max SS doesn't make the dx300 obsolete.

Dx300Max SS only a good source if you want the AKM fluid velvety presentation. Probably need one of those meme slam stack amps like that Bryston amp for a compensating desktop setup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back