iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Mar 24, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #4,456 of 5,049
Interestingly, line-out drains the amp-side power~ I'd have thought only digital batter would be used hmmm

Interesting - when I use the line out from my Max into my desktop amp (which is now 99% of my use case) my digital battery drains normality but my Max amp battery drains much, much more slowly, maybe 5-10% after a full day.

Well it worked. I cleared my history and downloaded the Google play store app. I then was able to purchase UAPP.

I didn’t say TIDAL or Qobuz yet but I’m kind of in a hurry I’ll have to revisit it later this morning. Am I supposed to give access to my system? I was asked that, but didn’t click on it yet.

Nice! Yep you sign into your Tidal or Qobuz account from within UAPP.

Mar 24, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #4,457 of 5,049
I was able to access Tidal and Qobuz through UAPP. After comparing it to just playing through the individual apps in the Android system, I prefer the latter. It is definitely more airy sounding though UAPP, but at the expense of richness, body, and impact. Its has more of a NOS sound as well.

Mar 24, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #4,458 of 5,049
I was able to access Tidal and Qobuz through UAPP. After comparing it to just playing through the individual apps in the Android system, I prefer the latter. It is definitely more airy sounding though UAPP, but at the expense of richness, body, and impact. Its has more of a NOS sound as well.
Could you elaborate more on the NOS sound you found ? Thanks

Mar 24, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #4,460 of 5,049
With that said, are there any recommended settings in those two apps to optimize the sound? Also is there a way to save UAPP as an icon on the home page?
There are a few optimisations, main one for me is enabling bitperfect. There's a few guides to be found for UAPP and Neutron. Also a UAPP thread kicking about in here somewhere.

Edit: you'll also want to make sure Tidal is setup for highest quality, not sure if it defaults to this as stock. I don't use Qobuz but reckon it'll probbaky have the same features. You can usually set quality for streaming and downloads.

Press and hold, should give you the option to move to home screen or can press/hold/swipe to home but can be a bit more of a faff.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #4,461 of 5,049
Could you elaborate more on the NOS sound you found ? Thanks
NOS "might have" been a bad analogy. I can only repeat what I said. Through UAPP it definitely sounded more airy, thin, and holographic with a bigger space between instruments. However I found here, and pretty much any components I have owned previously that this comes at the expense of a meaty thicker, and more musical sound.

I have always found these two be mutually exclusive. At least with headphones, maybe not with speakers, but I don't know that for sure.

Since I listen to almost exclusively to classic rock, I don't want airy, thin, holographic. I want bold, impactful, thick, and musical.

Mar 24, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #4,462 of 5,049
I listen to a lot of classic rock and find redbook to sound superior than any streaming service. For MAX SS, Mango all the way.

Mar 24, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #4,463 of 5,049
There are a few optimisations, main one for me is enabling bitperfect. There's a few guides to be found for UAPP and Neutron. Also a UAPP thread kicking about in here somewhere.

Edit: you'll also want to make sure Tidal is setup for highest quality, not sure if it defaults to this as stock. I don't use Qobuz but reckon it'll probbaky have the same features. You can usually set quality for streaming and downloads.

Press and hold, should give you the option to move to home screen or can press/hold/swipe to home but can be a bit more of a faff.
I have Tidal and Qobuz set for highest quality and I have there best plan. I have it set for bit perfect. I'm sure it sounds the way to is supposed to sound, its just not my sound signature. I'm happy with using the individual apps through Android system. I was just curious about UAPP.

Mar 24, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #4,464 of 5,049
I listen to a lot of classic rock and find redbook to sound superior than any streaming service. For MAX SS, Mango all the way.
I do as well, however two things.
1. You have to have the CD's to rip.
2. Not all CD recordings are good. for example. you could listen to 5 different Hotel California CD pressings and they all sound different. Some good, and some bad. At least with Tidal/Qobuz you get the chance to choose.

Mar 24, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #4,465 of 5,049
See PM for the solution to those points. :wink:

Mar 24, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #4,467 of 5,049
Revisiting my first DAP brick sexiness and golden knob day, Indigo + 3MAX SS sounds - warm, bassy goodness.

IMG_4545.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back