iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 3, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #1,802 of 5,049
Streaming it's a problem..
A bit of Correction, streaming Tidal on certain files, is a problem.

We are informing Ibasso of what must be solved
Shouldn't we be informing Tidal of what must be solved?
The apps are what breaks, not the Android or streaming protocols.

This happens all the time with phone apps. They constantly break and fixing their apps with every update.

I Paid for a correct working dap
Your also paying continuously for a "working" APP as well.

the fact of the matter is, MQA is not working with DX300 Max properly, with cut-outs, clicks and cracks.
This is a bit misleading. Tidal is the issue because we see from this member here (below), that it is working:
So, I did download MQA original track from Tidal, playing it in Mango Player NO ANY SINGLE audible pop or click.

I see iBasso update was in response to this. Now it should be Tidal's turn & responsibility to respond, because it is their app.

Just like it's not your phone problem when an app crashes or not working correctly.

Is anyone complaining to Tidal?
Is Tidal even aware?
Has Tidal responded to this at all?
The Answer I can guess is no.

The reality is that app issues like what Tidal is having, is why competitors will overtake them. Competition is a good thing.

I just signed in for a three months free trial of Amazon Music Unlimited with access to HD and Ultra HD. If it's as effective as Tidal (when properly working) and the sound is as good, I would probably switch over to Amazon and cancel my Tidal subscription. This is the best way to communicate your dissatisfaction to a company that won't listen to his customers or care for them. Cheaper too.
Solution 1, thanks.
I have long abandoned Tidal and MQA. Very happy with Qobuz. But my main source is music on sd card, streaming just for browsing new music.
Solution 2, thanks.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #1,803 of 5,049
No DX300MAX expert reviews yet?
Too long......
I like to read.........
I am slowly doing a every few days meandering dialogue…
(Up on headpiedotnet).

Still got to get to the meat of comparisons etc though. Something to read and say ‘yea or nay’ if you have the 3Max whilst you go through it all.

————————————————

Regarding Tidal.
Wondering beyond the various other things (which version of Tidal, downloaded from where etc) - (Tidal having a history of issues with daps).
- what routers are people using?
- Which type of wifi are you connecting to? 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz

I remember in the people had issues with various daps and streaming that were also router or settings based. And sometimes 5Ghz was recommended.

After the most recent firmware update - some say all good, others say problems persist. So there is a disconnect somewhere.

as someone posted just before it would be good to have a list so the fixes can be rolled out soon

Tidal version:
Downloaded from:
Router make:
Wifi: 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz:
Or phone tethered(phone make):

anything else?

EDIT:
maybe @Maxx134 solution above is easiest.
Simple is best.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #1,804 of 5,049
(Up on headpiedotnet).

Still got to get to the meat of comparisons etc though. Something to read and say ‘yea or nay’ if you have the 3Max whilst you go through it all.

————————————————

Regarding Tidal.
Wondering beyond the various other things (which version of Tidal, downloaded from where etc) - (Tidal having a history of issues with daps).

I remember in the people had issues with various daps and streaming that were also router or settings based. And sometimes 5Ghz was recommended.

After the most recent firmware update - some say all good, others say problems persist. So there is a disconnect somewhere.

as someone posted just before it would be good to have a list so the fixes can be rolled out soon

Tidal version:
Downloaded from:
Router make:

anything else?

EDIT:
Simple is best.
Thank you.

Sep 3, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #1,805 of 5,049
As I recall in the 220max threads, a change with the router fixed similar issues.
A test would be to try streaming different wifi router or wifi repeater.
Would be interesting to see if that helps.

Sep 3, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #1,807 of 5,049
(Up on headpiedotnet).

————————————————

Regarding Tidal.

Tidal version:
Downloaded from:
Router make:

anything else?

EDIT:
Simple is best.
that's madness if a router can be a potential issue, and I assume the speed or what type of an internet access could be something important too...
I am using Fios, the 1gb package - so my internet is decent, via the Fios router provided. I have been listening for several hours now, I don't hear the cracking....or any of the imperfections....while I am waiting for the issue to suddenly appear.....hope not.

Oh - my 3Max is using 5ghz....

Sep 3, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #1,808 of 5,049
that's madness if a router can be a potential issue, and I assume the speed or what type of an internet access could be something important too...
I am using Fios, the 1gb package - so my internet is decent, via the Fios router provided. I have been listening for several hours now, I don't hear the cracking....or any of the imperfections....while I am waiting for the issue to suddenly appear.....hope not.

Oh - my 3Max is using 5ghz....
As @Maxx134 wrote above it has been an issue before. (Maybe someone can dig up the fix post and someone can try it - i am busy…see below lol).

Not such a stretch as it (the router, settings 2.4 vs 5 etc) is one potential choke point, along with ones internet speed, company and or country’s infrastructure etc….or my phone was sitting next to/on top of the dap for best tethering connection :) etc.

<< replying to you….general musings to the ether>>>

A process of elimination generally. Newly dap users/adopters lean towards ‘out if the box all should be working’ - longer term dap users probably are aware of the slow progress of daps function development compared to phones.Perhaps also they are more forgiving from past experience and prone to tinkering.

I prefer to do as much troubleshooting on my end first.

is it the Max?, is it the Tidal app? Are other streaming apps working? Other potential issues etc

Yes, a (tiresome) process of elimination…but if we work together (cue: teh company should do it!) we can gather information to speed up the process and isolate the issue more. Dap?app? Router? All three? Other issues?

I might reload Tidal myself up if i have some spare time and see how it goes.
(I dont have any VPN anymore and not sure if Tidal is available in Japan now as i have not tried to reload for a while…cause pita)
I myself would test/try it through my home wifi, tethered to a phone (wifi off) and perhaps out and about at a cafe wifi point or something. See if theres any difference. Triangulate, quadrupulate, pentagulate…

it is said when someone has a problem it is good to ask ‘ do you want a solution or for me to listen’ . Can save a lot of arguments. But i guess with dap issues people are searching for a solution. Maybe not even the one they want. Eg ditch Tidal.

I would do it now (testing) but it is demanded i play Licca chan at the doctors by my daughter..

7C50B020-7160-436C-A876-A0E56B6F6550.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #1,810 of 5,049
What I do not understand is why does Tidal MQA Master tracks work like a dream on the DX300 using the same wifi network with no problems straight out of the box? and happens when I have wifi turned off and in offline mode, even tried it in flight mode.

Wil post my findings to the newly setup link.

i saw your post in the DX300MAX bugs thread - quite comprehensive and detailed. Great job.

Tidal is the only option in Australia? That makes it a more pressing issue for some

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx300max-report-thread-for-issues-with-fw.959504/#post-16542032

——————————-/-

another unusual rainy day inside here in Japan in the midst of summer - so posting more than usual (Saturday)…

Streaming stats here:
624AB6A8-030B-4152-B9E9-35023190C18C.jpeg

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1114261/japan-most-used-on-demand-music-streaming-services/

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #1,811 of 5,049
Apparently Spotify will be streaming its HQ music here later this year so I am looking forward to that, maybe that will be the time to drop Tidal. Love streaming music as it gives me such a varied choice of music to choose from as well as introducing me to new sounds that I would have never listened to before. Will continue the testing lol.

Sep 4, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #1,813 of 5,049
My MAX3 is in the office, I will try tomorrow :) I’m heavy user of Tidal - in Hungary among hi-res streaming services only Tidal and Apple Music available, so, tomorrow I’ll have complete day to test new fw :)
I’m boy yeah I was on
So, I did download MQA original track from Tidal, playing it in Mango Player NO ANY SINGLE audible pop or click. 13088F60-409C-4304-A36C-57D896FC8501.jpeg
How can we download the MQA or other sound track from Tidal and play on mango player?

Sep 4, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #1,815 of 5,049
(Up on headpiedotnet).

Oh man, I've been clicking on your page almost daily, still stuck on 8/27... won't you hurry up! :ksc75smile: (Just joking, I know you are probably busy and have a life too). It is nice, though, to read stuff about equipment you own (when it's good stuff esp.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back