iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 3, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #1,772 of 5,039
Also any pop with Downloaded MQA Tidal tracks played by Mango Android

20210903_184207.jpg

Why Pure Mango don t recognize MQA Tracks and correct bitrate??'..only as a Flac

20210903_184418.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #1,773 of 5,039
So with all these Tidal MQA issues... and now Amazon HD and Apple Music being obvious contenders... has anyone compared all 3 services from an SQ perspective?

Part of the reason I haven't switched is obviously moving my library over could be a pain... but also I like that I can use UAPP to play Tidal bit-perfect.

Is there such a setup on Amazon/Apple?

Also, is one better than the other for discovering new music and would provide better recs?
When I A/B'd Apple Music versus Tidal (both MQA and non-MQA) about a month ago, I felt that APM was overall warmer with less resolution. There was more extension on Tidal track from lower thru higher frequencies, more airiness. I overall do hear more airiness & dynamics from MQA, but no I have never blind-tested it officially.

The new discovery playlist algorithm has also completely nailed my preferences, with awesome suggestions daily across multiple genres. But this is with 3+ years with Tidal, so it had a lot of time to get to know me lol.

Despite the MQA controversy, it's gonna be hard for me to get rid of it unless Spotify "lossless" matches or exceeds Tidal SQ to my ears.

Sep 3, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #1,774 of 5,039
Also any pop with Downloaded MQA Tidal tracks played by Mango Android

20210903_184207.jpg

Why Pure Mango don t recognize MQA Tracks and correct bitrate??'..only as a Flac

20210903_184418.jpg
Pure Mango is not android and MQA using Android, from what I know.

Sep 3, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #1,776 of 5,039
I would jump over to Qobuz not to Amazon/apple. They allow 3rd party uPnP apps access like Tidal. And there is no propietary music tech being used.

Sep 3, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #1,779 of 5,039
My Lotoo 6K and Sony WM1A recognize perfectly MQA tracks..Both are Pure Daps(No Android)
Great, I know others have issues. And I know that in the past that Tidal has issued new downloads that cured the issue and then they put out another download and the issue was back again.

Sep 3, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #1,781 of 5,039
For now..Ibasso DX300Max has various Issues..Pure Mango don t recognize MQA, UAPP is not 100x100 compatible ,Streaming Tidal...etc,etc..
But, do you know of any DAPs that sound as good as iBasso and have none of the issues that you don't like? How about just listen to Mango OS with your own ripped local files. No issues with that.

Sep 3, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #1,782 of 5,039
For now..Ibasso DX300Max has various Issues..Pure Mango don t recognize MQA, UAPP is not 100x100 compatible ,Streaming Tidal...etc,etc..
Took Sony a while to implement those MQA though. However, it is easier for Sony as they have their own S-Master from the beginning. Other manufacturers will have issues as they are using off the shelves IC Chips
Beside, Sony is pretty much the Master of Digital worlds. Yepe, their DMP Z1 uses dedicated non AndroidOS with AK4497EQ and can do MQA, the only player by far

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #1,783 of 5,039
But, do you know of any DAPs that sound as good as iBasso and have none of the issues that you don't like? How about just listen to Mango OS with your own ripped local files. No issues with that.
I have bought the Ibasso Dx300max for everything it advertises.
Android, mqa x16, etc .. Everything should work correctly.
We are informing Ibasso of what must be solved

Sep 3, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #1,784 of 5,039
I have bought the Ibasso Dx300max for everything it advertises.
Android, mqa x16, etc .. Everything should work correctly.
We are informing Ibasso of what must be solved
Well while you compare Sony to Ibasso, you don’t see Sony to have dual OS with Android and Sony Os either right ?
A credit here for Ibasso ? Of course MQA works in AndroidOS, and Ibasso is featured correctly.
Not sure if Ibasso will implemented it in MangoOS, but I prefer not to, because I want MangoOS to be “Purely and simply dedicated to Music only”
The only Sony Walkman with Android is 507 and it doesn’t even perform anywhere near Dx300…not even close to battery life either….

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #1,785 of 5,039
When I A/B'd Apple Music versus Tidal (both MQA and non-MQA) about a month ago, I felt that APM was overall warmer with less resolution. There was more extension on Tidal track from lower thru higher frequencies, more airiness. I overall do hear more airiness & dynamics from MQA, but no I have never blind-tested it officially.

The new discovery playlist algorithm has also completely nailed my preferences, with awesome suggestions daily across multiple genres. But this is with 3+ years with Tidal, so it had a lot of time to get to know me lol.

Despite the MQA controversy, it's gonna be hard for me to get rid of it unless Spotify "lossless" matches or exceeds Tidal SQ to my ears.

Great comparison, appreciate it! I signed up for a 3 month Apple Music trial to see how it goes, got to transfer my liked songs from Tidal via soundiiz.

I agree the new New Discovery playlist has been great for me too lately, wish it was accessible via UAPP and I would not care so much about the MQA (though nice to have for sure). I've got a bunch of years there too so a big factor in how well the suggestions pan out!

I would guess based solely on brand rep that Apple would have a good discovery feature or algos/etc, but that's literally pure conjecture lol.

Will give it a run for a few days and report back, hope the Tidal bugs get resolved in the meantime :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back