iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 3, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #1,789 of 5,037
This is Dx300Max a problem..not a Dx300..
Didn’t you show 16X unfold MQA a few posts back ? Ibasso takes time to fix problems, and these problems exists in many other players. Ibasso is the fastest to roll out firmware, still. Just give them time. If it is Tidal fault, then you can’t fault Ibasso alone

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #1,791 of 5,037
Yes,with pops and cuts
Man, I feel you, and I am sorry. One of the reason why I dealt away Tidal is because they are pretty much BS and pointing fingers toward others “never their faults”. Quobuz is a much happier place, and I don’t have to deal with funky MQA marketing and plausible “debates” either

Sep 3, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #1,793 of 5,037
Really ? I have MQA albums just for giggles and dx300 unfold 8X in Mango app just fine
Really, when talking about DX300 Max, which again we are discussing here, not DX300. It doesn't matter whose fault it is (iBasso or Tidal), the fact of the matter is, MQA is not working with DX300 Max properly, with cut-outs, clicks and cracks. All that was said. Personally, I don't care for myself, as I've stated on many occasions I only listen to my own libraries, but people who spent >2k to get a DAP that says MQA X16 works expect it to work (even if it's Tidal's fault for not applying some fix). iBasso is supposed to have QC'd the DAP against Tidal MQA before saying it works (it's not like Tidal is some obscure app that few have heard of).

Sep 3, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #1,794 of 5,037
I just signed in for a three months free trial of Amazon Music Unlimited with access to HD and Ultra HD. If it's as effective as Tidal (when properly working) and the sound is as good, I would probably switch over to Amazon and cancel my Tidal subscription. This is the best way to communicate your dissatisfaction to a company that won't listen to his customers or care for them. Cheaper too.

Sep 3, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #1,795 of 5,037
I just signed in for a three months free trial of Amazon Music Unlimited with access to HD and Ultra HD. If it's as effective as Tidal (when properly working) and the sound is as good, I would probably switch over to Amazon and cancel my Tidal subscription. This is the best way to communicate your dissatisfaction to a company that won't listen to his customers or care for them. Cheaper too.
Oh well...I put emotions before rational thinking first. I forgot that my streamer/player in my home system (Aurender N100H) only support Tidal and Quobuz for now. The sounds coming from Master tracks is pretty spectacular in my set up.

I hope this Tidal mess will be resolved soon on the 3MAX. If not, I will keep my 2MAX that play Tidal MQA with only 4X but without pops and clicks.

Sep 3, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #1,796 of 5,037
I have long abandoned Tidal and MQA. Very happy with Qobuz. But my main source is music on sd card, streaming just for browsing new music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back