iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jul 24, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #76 of 3,626
agree about ess choice but, in my opinion, and i repeat, in the this price range, a good cpu and ess 9038 is a convincing speech for the market and when refer market i speak about people who don´t know ibasso. the ibasso aficionado already knows the dx200 platform

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #77 of 3,626
I definitely think a better CPU is a real requirement, at 'statement' pricing I do not want a low performing UI experience, this is not like differences in SNR that exist largely in ranges outside human hearing on the vast majority of recordings.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #78 of 3,626
I definitely think a better CPU is a real requirement, at 'statement' pricing I do not want a low performing UI experience, this is not like differences in SNR that exist largely in ranges outside human hearing on the vast majority of recordings.

I highly doubt that the CPU/SoC will be changed, as long as it is not a drop in replacement for the existing one - I think the main improvements expected here are in the analog sections rather than the digital. I expect iBasso will prefer to keep the SW as much as possible identical to DX220 (there is a reason that the name includes "220", not a new product code).

SoC update is nice, but especially going for a new platform like from Samsung or Qualcomm might be a hefty process. For FiiO it took a year working together with Samsung to switch to Exynos, and with that FiiO even switched to a completely new product line (M series).

Interesting is, although not officially mentioned, I think even A&K is using the same SoC/CPU in their SP2000 (which is still not released yet) as in SP1000. FiiO is rumored to release the M15 with dual AK4499 in a few months time with the very powerful SoC. Their M11 seems to have amazing price/performance, and if M15 follows its footsteps...well, it will be a very hot season for the audiophile community (at least for a while until someone else announces a flagship killer).

By the way, I don't find DX220 UI slow really, at least not worse than Cube or SP1000. FiiO M11 UI a bit over-spoiling. :) And, I do prefer DX220 UI to A&K UI.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #80 of 3,626
@Whitigir, looking at this photo, I have the impression that iBasso has developed this just for you - for your never ending love for the DMP-Z1 and DX220 :) (and of course highest quality components). It really looks like a love kid of the two. :)

10324202_thumb.jpeg

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #81 of 3,626
@Whitigir, looking at this photo, I have the impression that iBasso has developed this just for you - for your never ending love for the DMP-Z1 and DX220 :) (and of course highest quality components). It really looks like a love kid of the two. :)

10324202_thumb.jpeg

Not only me, but anyone who is into headphones full size :) ...yes, I am super excited

Jul 25, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #84 of 3,626
Currently listening to a DX220 with Amp 8 with my Noble K10's. The sound quality of this combination is pure bliss. I am following this thread as my interest has been piqued with the 220 Max. If it ends up with the same sound quality or better than the DX220 and has better battery life closer to the Sony WM1A I would be tempted to sell my Hugo 2 in order to fund the purchase. I previously had the Sony player and I really liked that too but the more I listen to this DX220 I truly feel that the sound quality is better than the Sony at least in my opinion. YMMV

Jul 25, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #85 of 3,626
Currently listening to a DX220 with Amp 8 with my Noble K10's. The sound quality of this combination is pure bliss. I am following this thread as my interest has been piqued with the 220 Max. If it ends up with the same sound quality or better than the DX220 and has better battery life closer to the Sony WM1A I would be tempted to sell my Hugo 2 in order to fund the purchase. I previously had the Sony player and I really liked that too but the more I listen to this DX220 I truly feel that the sound quality is better than the Sony at least in my opinion. YMMV

What do you think of the DX220+amp8 in comparison to the Hugo2?

Jul 25, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #86 of 3,626
What do you think of the DX220+amp8 in comparison to the Hugo2?

Luckily I have both the DX220 and the Hugo 2 with me at work. Doing a quick comparison between the two combos I think that the Hugo 2 has a little bit more on the low end (bass slam etc.) while the DX220 seems to have a little wider soundstage. That being said, they are both great combos with my K10's. I am using the optical cable input for the Hugo 2 so that might make a bit of difference. I honestly like both of them.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #90 of 3,626
So , 2Watts inside ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back