iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jul 25, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #93 of 3,626
The dealer said 2 months+

Jul 25, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #97 of 3,626
You are right!

This hobby is like a roller coaster without belts!
Belts ? How about “money”
Lol

There is a lot of things we dont get to see yet. I know the 5 battery packs and a dedicated external DC line support would inflate the sizes. But this sizes is larger than I would expect, and therefore we are going to see some good stuff ? Who knows ? I know I am super duper curious

Jul 25, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #99 of 3,626
Belts ? How about “money”
Lol

There is a lot of things we dont get to see yet. I know the 5 battery packs and a dedicated external DC line support would inflate the sizes. But this sizes is larger than I would expect, and therefore we are going to see some good stuff ? Who knows ? I know I am super duper curious

Money? No problems, we still have a few carpets, forks and spoons at home. You mean, that wouldn't be enough for DX220Max?

Jul 25, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #101 of 3,626
Someone wrote this on Facebook: "Tried already, size and weight is over, but the sound Is far away better than AK sp1000."

Are you kidding ? Just for preferences alone, there are people who already prefer the DX220 and Amp 8 over SP1000. However, the sizes, and being transportable solution, it should be put against CUBE and not SP1000/2000

Jul 25, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #102 of 3,626
Are you kidding ? Just for preferences alone, there are people who already prefer the DX220 and Amp 8 over SP1000. However, the sizes, and being transportable solution, it should be put against CUBE and not SP1000/2000
I prefer dx220 over sp1000)) I dont like AK products for their sound signature)

Jul 25, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #103 of 3,626

I had the SP1000/M and prefer the sound of Cube. One thing that really annoyed me with DX220 was the software bugs (like sometimes one channel disappearing or becoming just a hiss, and these were happening especially when switching to/from DSD and I had to restart the DAP etc. etc.), and I was considering the SP2000 and Cube came along and I grabbed the Cube - and I am glad I did it. So far no annoying software bugs. Also that it can drive like a desktop system anything you throw at it is just great, but in general A&K software has its own problems. I really like to have the BT receive mode and A&K still does not have it. Come on! There are character rendering issues, which I reported one year ago with file examples and still they are not solved. Whatever the language setting is, you should be able to render any king of tag/text properly - period!

I like the fact that the iBasso SW is a more standard Android compared to A&K platform. If DX220Max is nearly as powerful as the Cube and has its bugs fixed until then, I will switch to DX220M. I am pretty sure DX220M will be great on the audio side - seeing the growth in size is all about analog section improvements, I would not expect anything less than a bliss.

But please iBasso, solve your bugs. If you cannot solve them make your SW platform open source, so that we can help you solve them. :)

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #104 of 3,626
I must admit I prefer the sound of my sp1000 to the dx220. But then I use dx220 on the go, and it definitely punches way above its price range. I may get the cube next. Well either that or a lpgt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back