iBasso DX200 Firmware Modification Project
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #61 of 331
I saw many posts that this version is so great.

but are there any methos to make dx200 go back origin pure firmware?

Or is it possible to apply future firmware offerd by ibasso officially to dx200 even in your modificated firmware state?

Feb 27, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #62 of 331
You can get stock factory image from here.

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX200-1.3.60-update-img-20170121.zip

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #63 of 331
Is it nessary to use the batch tool or can your download be extracted and flashed just like the ibasso firmware updates?

I do not own a Windows computer.

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #64 of 331
Problem : After flashing the rom (seem it's ok in the batch tool), the DX200 reboot very long time and I have the logo and some point blinking...

But I'm patient and now, it'ok.

Upgraded with the latest firmware, all the play store didn't work anymore

Thanks.

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #65 of 331
  Problem : After flashing the rom (seem it's ok in the batch tool), the DX200 reboot very long time and I have the logo and some point blinking...

Thanks.

By upgrading to the latest stock firmware, of course you will lose all those google stuffs.

You should wait for WindowsX's next release that is rebase on the latest firmware.

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #66 of 331
Is it nessary to use the batch tool or can your download be extracted and flashed just like the ibasso firmware updates?

I do not own a Windows computer.

It's required to use batchtool. I'm not sure if Rockchip provides software for Mac/Linux but you should be able to use Windows app through virtual machine.

Thanks.

Upgrading full ROM will lose mine. I think it's possible to keep modded ROM through OTA if iBasso provides such method. I'll work on updated Purist ROM later.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #67 of 331
I'd like to inform you guys that new firmware update requires a new bootloader and stock factory image doesn't have updated bootloader. I managed to repack kernel and boot image but still have bluetooth share error so next update will require to flash official ones first and flash my factory image later.

I'll repack only boot and system files that I'll use for ROM modding stuff from now on.

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #68 of 331
DX200 Purist ROM version 2.0.78 is out now with the follow features:

-Play Store added
-Apollo - Fidelity Edition from https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/apollo-music-player-fidelity-edition-t3038629 included
-build.prop tweaks for better video and storage performance
-audio engine optimized for only audio playback (EQ/Gaplass features work)
-bundled audio effects removed (Poweramp works now)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/f22r1x7y4cib97b/DX200-2.0.78-WindowsX-Purist.zip

Installation Guide

0. Flash Official FW 2.0.78 first
1. Download Factory Tool provided by Paul http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/FactoryTool_v1.39_DX200.zip
2. Turn off DX200
3. Connect DX200 with USB connection to computer while holding play button switch
4. Install Rockchip USB driver included in FactoryTool
5. Open FactoryTool.exe and flash ROM according to instructions provided in DX200 batch tool instruction.doc

Since many people asked for Gaplass and fixing Poweramp stuff, I decided to lower the bar for people who want it. This is 'hardly' Purist but that's as far as I can do to keep up with compatibility request. True purist ROM will have the following features:

1. audio effect engine removed completely
2. Equalizer/Gaplass/ffmpeg components removed from core audio engine
3. I/O optimizations will be optimized for lowest possible latency with stable sonic performance

That's what true purist looks like and it'll still be available for customers who purchased Advanced ROM from me together with compatibility version.

And million thanks to Paul for answering our prayers. I also have DX200 modification service (ROM and hardware modification) for people who're interested in taking this to the further levels. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #71 of 331
You need to upgrade to stock 2.0.78 first then flash this ROM.

EDIT: There's symlinking in update package. I need to copy files directly like factory image since there's no symlinking.

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #72 of 331
Here's proper 2.0.78 Purist ROM. Fixed missing symlink files and tested bluetooth function. You don't have to flash official OTA before now too.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y8h3mgmjh0r9onm/DX200-2.0.78-WindowsX-Purist.zip

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 6, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #73 of 331
Will Purist ROM more stable compare to stock? Will flash it tonight.

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #74 of 331
Of course. It is as stable as stock if not better. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back