iBasso DX200 Firmware Modification Project
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #17 of 331
Recently try out his firmware mod. Really addictive to listen to. Great dynamic.

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #18 of 331
I've just finished BAV 2017 event in Bangkok, Thailand. Still have lots of CAS projects to finish so it'll be some weeks ahead until I can continue developing DX200 firmware.

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #19 of 331

Cooked ROM with Play Store now (no additional installation required). I think I should be able to release my Purist ROM as factory image soon.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #20 of 331
That's excellent work. Please show the members in the official thread if you don't mind, many have been very interested in play store.

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #21 of 331
That's excellent work. Please show the members in the official thread if you don't mind, many have been very interested in play store.

You're welcome. Posted. :)

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #23 of 331
Cant Wait to try
gs1000.gif

Feb 14, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #24 of 331
Poweramp has a forum where we can request hi-res output support for their alpha built. Anyhow I'm not sure about DX200 specific info especially the last question, could you guys help me with this?

Device model: DX200
ROM version (Android version, stock/OTA/Custom ROM): Android 6.0.1
Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res (link to device features, etc.)? A copy of your device's /etc/audio_policy.conf file may be helpful.

Lastly, which email client do you use to register email to DX200? I can't redeem poweramp purchase because there is no email registered on DAP for verification.

Cheers,

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #25 of 331

Cooked ROM with Play Store now (no additional installation required). I think I should be able to release my Purist ROM as factory image soon.

Regards,
Keetakawee

That's amazing, considering dx200 is a dap and there is no official team support these services. If V4A can be integrated then it would be perfect.

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #26 of 331
  That's amazing, considering dx200 is a dap and there is no official team support these services. If V4A can be integrated then it would be perfect.

Thank you for your compliment. However, I'm purist so I won't integrate DSP sound enhancement to degrade audio performance.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Feb 20, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #28 of 331
Purist ROM is now ready with the following features.

-Play Store added
-Apollo - Fidelity Edition from https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/apollo-music-player-fidelity-edition-t3038629 included
-build.prop tweaks for better video and storage performance
-Equalizer/Gaplass removed
-audio effects engine removed
-Video components in core audio output removed

I'm uploading the file now. Will post again soon when it's ready. I also have DX200 modification service (ROM and hardware modification) for people who're interested in taking this to the further levels.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Feb 20, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #29 of 331
Wow awesome. Looking forward to trying this. Is this free? Is there a PayPal you accept for thank yous? Do we have root access with this ROM? Thanks!!

I will try this, and hopefully be able to get V4A to work.

Feb 20, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #30 of 331
Wow awesome. Looking forward to trying this. Is this free? Is there a PayPal you accept for thank yous? Do we have root access with this ROM? Thanks!!

I will try this, and hopefully be able to get V4A to work.

Yes. This is free for public release. Current ROM has root and busybox binaries. I didn't include root access and adb though. In commercial release, I modified boot image to execute shell script as root so there's root access at low level with my own script.

I made advanced ROM for local customers in Thailand together with hardware mods. If you're interested, you can send me inquiry about DX200 mods too. I accept PayPal payment. Some of our customers also have intensive DX90 mods that made many decided to stay with DX90 instead of moving up to DX200.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back