iBasso DX200 Firmware Modification Project
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #331 of 331
-Re-calibrated I/O priority optimizations on boot image - After upgrading to Advanced ROM, I noticed something was missing from public Purist ROM and I corrected this issue in boot image optimizations.
Code:
D:\Private\iBasso\DX200\DX200-2.3.125-ota>fc /b boot.img ..\DX200-2.3.125-WindowsX-Purist\tools\temp\Android\Image\boot.img
Comparing files boot.img and ..\DX200-2.3.125-WINDOWSX-PURIST\TOOLS\TEMP\ANDROID\IMAGE\BOOT.IMG
FC: no differences encountered
It means, "your" boot.img is binary identical to the stock boot.img.
Now you see I tweaked particleComponets.cfg better than you
The main difference I see is that you've moved libParticleOmxMp3Component.so to the top. I delete this component since a long ago, because it is not used: it is intended to decode MPEG audio part of an AV-stream, and for nothing else. So, your "optimization" comes from ignorance of how iBasso engine works, and just useless.
From your build.prop:
Code:
#Enhanced build.prop tweaks for Fidelizer script
#By Windows X:

debug.sf.hw=1
debug.egl.hw=1
debug.composition.type=c2d
pm.sleep_mode=2
ro.vold.umsdirtyratio=20
None of those parameters are even looked for in Android builds used by iBasso (any model). You just took them from Internet forums, without understanding and checks if they are applicable.

Editing of /system/etc/audio_effects.conf and removing soundfx components is useless, because they are not even loaded with most of music players, including MangoPlayer.

Yes, both power.rk3368.so are different from the stock.

Added Apollo player and Google Play Market. Replaced boot animation with your "artwork".

All the other files are identical to stock firmware files. Here is the report from WinMerge. I've removed from the report symlinks (which are missing in the stock update, but are created during firmware update), and some alarm sounds (iBasso firmware have duplicated files, with names differ only in cases).

That's all, folks. The bottom line is that the claims
  • Added ART architecture features optimizations
  • Improved Android files optimizations
  • Re-calibrated I/O priority optimizations on boot image
have no support found in the downloadable firmware image. Also, there is nothing found that may have real impact on the sound.

I wonder where you've taken power drivers, but I'm almost confident they were taken from another device's firmware... Well, let's assume you've set up a toolchain and had build them from the sources! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back