iBasso DX200 Firmware Modification Project
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #316 of 331
Thank you for trying to help but I've been holding power button for a few seconds or even a minute again and again for a few hours. It didn't work even though it was just fully charged from battery. I suspect unit being malfunction too as flashmode started to have reliability issues recently.

Regards,
Keetakawee
Is the DX200 off? What happens when you plug it into the BT? It doesn't show up then? Sounds like some sort of chip damage then.

Jun 23, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #317 of 331
Is the DX200 off? What happens when you plug it into the BT? It doesn't show up then? Sounds like some sort of chip damage then.

Yeah. It looks like the chip was damaged. I've been flashing this unit for a few times during development. It's also one of early batch with defective screen too. I'll send this back to iBasso for repairing and hope I'll get it back soon. Thank you. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jun 23, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #318 of 331
I've ordered the DX200 and getting myself pre-familiarized with the DAP by reading the lengthy DX200 thread. One thing I do want to do is have Google Play access in order to use some of my purchased music & podcast apps. So this custom ROM piques my interest. One question tho': does the DX200 original settings need to be backed up somehow in case something goes awry with this custom install? Also, will other custom firmware/apps also be compatible on top of this ROM? Such as Lurker's USB Audio For DX200 f/w?

Jun 24, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #319 of 331
My firmware builds preserve all user data, they are like upgrades. Return back to stock firmware keeps user data as well. But to get rid of icons of additional apps embedded into my firmware builds (Play Market, SuperSU, USB Audio, HibyMusic) may require a factory reset. But there is no needs to downgrade: in my builds, nothing is worse than in stock :) If you don't need additional apps and features, just don't use them. I'd also suggest to read descriptions from the link in my signature.

Jun 24, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #320 of 331
I've ordered the DX200 and getting myself pre-familiarized with the DAP by reading the lengthy DX200 thread. One thing I do want to do is have Google Play access in order to use some of my purchased music & podcast apps. So this custom ROM piques my interest. One question tho': does the DX200 original settings need to be backed up somehow in case something goes awry with this custom install? Also, will other custom firmware/apps also be compatible on top of this ROM? Such as Lurker's USB Audio For DX200 f/w?

I used to do preserving data stuff back in older days but the transition from 1.3 to 2.0 base is highly recommended to have data wiping and I've been keeping it that way since.

If you want purist ROM that fixes dull sounding signature of original device, this will be the good ones for you to try. You can use Lurker0 apps and others just fine with my ROM or stock ROM too.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jun 24, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #321 of 331
You can use Lurker0 apps and others just fine with my ROM
That's not true: USB Audio and my mod of HibyMusic work only in my build of firmware. Also, things like support for USB Mass Storage under both Android and Mango are exclusive features of my firmware builds. Of course, if you play fair game and do not sell mods of my builds! By the way, do you charge for SuperSU? I don't, because it is free and it is not fair to charge for it.

Jun 24, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #322 of 331
That's not true: USB Audio and my mod of HibyMusic work only in my build of firmware. Also, things like support for USB Mass Storage under both Android and Mango are exclusive features of my firmware builds. Of course, if you play fair game and do not sell mods of my builds! By the way, do you charge for SuperSU? I don't, because it is free and it is not fair to charge for it.

Someone told me your app can work with normal ROM and mine so I suggested him based on what I heard by that time. If your new updates restricted the app to work with only your ROM, they can try and findout by themselves.

I charged ROM cooking beyond free services because repacking, re-cooking, and upload 1GB ROM file is time consuming and sometimes it took me a few days to work on this project updates in higher complexity. Hence, I can't do it for free as I have works to do for living too. I didn't charge for including what you said at all. Root comes with DX200 by default at low level so stop making wrong assumptions. All people who purchased it could see what they'll pay for before taking my paid services.

I did actually include more tweaks for free ROM in the past but thanks to certain someone BS it before in DX90 thread that made me stopped from continuing the development and decided to keep those things for people who can appreciate my hard work only. It's painful to continue working hard just to be trashed by you.

I'd appreciate it if you could stop interfering with misleading information here. I understand you maybe uncomfortable seeing some members comparing between ROMs but don't take it on me as I didn't claim any of that. It's up to users to decide for themselves including paying for ROM services.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #323 of 331
I charged ROM cooking beyond free services because repacking, re-cooking, and upload 1GB ROM file is time consuming and sometimes it took me a few days to work on this project updates in higher complexity.
Back to DX90 that you reminded, you used results of my work for your profit. You are still making profit using results of work of SergioPoverony, and still don't bother to buy a license from him to remove his signature from your build.prop. So please stop this BS about your time, when you have proven many times that you don't respect other developers and their time and their rights.

By the way, I don't make any profit from my firmware builds, but there is no SergioPoverony copyright line in my build.prop, because I respect him and purchased a license, when I realized that I use his RK3xxx Firmware Tools much too often.

I publish comprehensive description of any change I've made to the firmware. You never answered a single question on how a parameter you add to build.prop that nobody use (so it is just a few bytes in a text file, nothing more!) may improve anything.

If you want a proof - OK, I can publish here changes you've made in free DX200 firmware, and I'm confident you have no an explanation how they support your claims. Are you ready? I don't think so...

So please stop addressing me your BS. You may see that I didn't write a line here until I was explicitly mentioned. I'll continue keep silence on the same conditions. Just don't go out of your sandbox with your false claims.

Jun 25, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #324 of 331
Back to DX90 that you reminded, you used results of my work for your profit. You are still making profit using results of work of SergioPoverony, and still don't bother to buy a license from him to remove his signature from your build.prop. So please stop this BS about your time, when you have proven many times that you don't respect other developers and their time and their rights.

By the way, I don't make any profit from my firmware builds, but there is no SergioPoverony copyright line in my build.prop, because I respect him and purchased a license, when I realized that I use his RK3xxx Firmware Tools much too often.

I publish comprehensive description of any change I've made to the firmware. You never answered a single question on how a parameter you add to build.prop that nobody use (so it is just a few bytes in a text file, nothing more!) may improve anything.

If you want a proof - OK, I can publish here changes you've made in free DX200 firmware, and I'm confident you have no an explanation how they support your claims. Are you ready? I don't think so...

So please stop addressing me your BS. You may see that I didn't write a line here until I was explicitly mentioned. I'll continue keep silence on the same conditions. Just don't go out of your sandbox with your false claims.

DX90 ROM was free and I used your font due to mistaking it as some unicode fonts from Google. If I had known it's your cooked font, I wouldn't have done that and I immediately corrected it as soon as I noticed.

There was SergioPoverony copyright in your build. I know tons of Rockchip repacking tool that won't leave copyright as I repacked boot.img and whole Rockchip image externally. I still use his system.img repacking to preserve his signature credits as I started from that. I still see your DX90 2.1.8 ROM has this signature too lol. Don't make stupid lies.

You also did tweak particleComponets.cfg a bit (not to my extent though) but also kept it hidden until I brought this to life then say hey I actually did that too. I didn't copy Windows X's tweak OK? Now you see I tweaked particleComponets.cfg better than you but you won't be able to tweak it like mine anymore because that'd mean you steal my tweaks without asking me first.

I'll leave the fact about particleComponets.cfg tweaks whether it was from me or you originally to their own accord. You don't know what I did on my advanced ROM and I don't have rights to disclose it according to Head-Fi ToS until they fininish my sponsor deal so don't try to make me violating the rules.

I see you've been waiting for chance to mess with my work for a long while as in main DX200 thread. I only mentioned about your app being usable on main ROM and mine too then you started all. I think we have enough of BS now so please kindly leave this thread as it's for supporting DX200 Purist ROM users.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #325 of 331
This is what Lurker0 posted in main DX200 thread for why he deserves to have BS mention.

Did you try it yourself? I've disassembled the free version to look to the changes made, and I've found out that it is the same crap as he was done for DX80. A number of settings that he took from Android forum, which have no effect on DX200, because no a line of code ever use those settings. Though I do understand that somebody would "hear the difference" :D

I think this is enough to show his ill intents toward DX200 Purist ROM on both developer and users. It should pop into your e-mail for my full explanation why DX80 isn't crap but I removed it to preserve your reputation (if there's any left). I recommend you to stop for your own good, Lurker0.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #326 of 331
Just don't forget that "free" nevers means that you can use somebody's results to make profit from them. Commercial use even of open source software is always a different case: it is free while it is free. For any use beyond the explicitly stated conditions, a permission is required. For example, that's what I have done to include free HibyMusic with my changes to my free DX200 firmware build.

So, to make profit from including SuperSU into your firmware, you need a permission from its copyright holder. To make profit from iBasso work (the base firmware), you need a permission from iBasso. Same with me, xda-developers posters (which advices you may use), SergioPoverony etc. We all spend our time for our works, even when we distribute results for free. So please stop your false excuses!

I'll leave you alone until you mention me directly or indirectly once again.

Jun 25, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #327 of 331
Just don't forget that "free" nevers means that you can use somebody's results to make profit from them. Commercial use even of open source software is always a different case: it is free while it is free. For any use beyond the explicitly stated conditions, a permission is required. For example, that's what I have done to include free HibyMusic with my changes to my free DX200 firmware build.

So, to make profit from including SuperSU into your firmware, you need a permission from its copyright holder. To make profit from iBasso work (the base firmware), you need a permission from iBasso. Same with me, xda-developers posters (which advices you may use), SergioPoverony etc. We all spend our time for our works, even when we distribute results for free. So please stop your false excuses!

I'll leave you alone until you mention me directly or indirectly once again.

As I said, I didn't know it was your material and I took it off as soon as I noticed this on free ROM. I suggest you to learn the example how people sell services not the software itself. You didn't even know what I sell for my services in advanced ROM.

And I didn't include SuperSU and I already told you there's su binary in original iBasso ROM to make uses of. You should do your homework better before making anymore false charge. And I did ask iBasso and Fiio about permission to mod the ROM and cooking services.

Here's what I accused you for lying.

Some of your DX90 ROMs has his signature. You lied. OK? What rights do you have to talk crap about my works as I quoted before? I'm reporting this to staff now since you don't seem to know when to stop. This is my support thread and I did everything right and I went through moderation phase with moderators already so you can stop being judge and jury now.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jun 25, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #328 of 331
Some of your DX90 ROMs has his signature. You lied.
I said I've purchased the license as soon as I realized that I use his product much too often. Have you read it? It happened in January 2016. Since that there is no that copyright in my builds. I don't make profit from it anyway. Have you read it?I don't expect apologies from you, obviously!

You do have profit from it. Do you want me to continue exploring your stuff? I'd better stop wasting time, and call you to stop mention me at all, and, in particular, in your false claims.

Jun 25, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #329 of 331
I said I've purchased the license as soon as I realized that I use his product much too often. Have you read it? It happened in January 2016. Since that there is no that copyright in my builds. I don't make profit from it anyway. Have you read it?I don't expect apologies from you, obviously!

You do have profit from it. Do you want me to continue exploring your stuff? I'd better stop wasting time, and call you to stop mention me at all, and, in particular, in your false claims.

You claimed your ROM has no such line. Your correct statement should be your recent version has no such line. And you can only explore my free ROM I shared. What about my particle comnents that I tweaked better than you for free? Is it the same crap?

You still haven't apologized for misleading information about SuperSU. If you can't get your info right, you'd better stop.

Jun 26, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #330 of 331
Version 2.3.125 is now ready. It took me a while to work on couple of new optimizations and some caused strange bugs causing me a few days to fix it along with my DX200 brick incident. I personally find 2.3 working smoother than before unlike feedback in Head-Fi. Maybe my optimizations is more compatible with 2.3 improvements.

Changes on this update

-Re-based on 2.3.125 firmware - I must admit this makes DX200 sounding so much better. It makes me reflected upon some tweaks I put on Advanced ROM to correct it with more revealing synergy improvements.
-Modified power.rk3368.so to shutdown 7 unused cores on 2.3.125 binary file - Since I really like this 2.3 sound, I don't want to replace power.rk3368.so file from older version so you get better battery life with 2.3.125 power management improvements

Changes on Advanced ROM

-Added ART architecture features optimizations - Default configuration use kind of generic ART features so I changed to matching chipset used in DX200 for full features utilization.
-Improved Android files optimizations - I'm taking this to further level with improved image optimizations for lower file size and smaller footprints.
-Re-calibrated I/O priority optimizations on boot image - After upgrading to Advanced ROM, I noticed something was missing from public Purist ROM and I corrected this issue in boot image optimizations.
-Launcher is now back to optimized stock - Due to custom launcher not meeting up expectations and also caused some strange issues in X5iii branch, I decided to revert back to optimized stock launcher for better performance.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lwa0q8kd06xm915/DX200-2.3.125-WindowsX-Purist.zip

Installation Guide

1. Download Factory Tool provided by Paul http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/FactoryTool_v1.39_DX200.zip
2. Turn off DX200
3. Connect DX200 with USB connection to computer while holding play button switch
4. Install Rockchip USB driver included in FactoryTool
5. Open FactoryTool.exe and flash ROM according to instructions provided in DX200 batch tool instruction.doc

The improvement with Purist 2.3 is very satisfying. I could live without modifying hardware for this 2.3 upgrade. Thank you so much iBasso for major sound quality improvements. Advanced ROM users may request for 2.3 update file and I'll send accordingly. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back