iBasso DX200 Firmware Modification Project
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #31 of 331
Here's public release containing the following changes as below:

-Play Store added
-Apollo - Fidelity Edition from https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/apollo-music-player-fidelity-edition-t3038629 included
-build.prop tweaks for better video and storage performance
-Equalizer/Gaplass removed
-audio effects engine removed
-Video components in core audio output removed

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/izd0jxqwbmj9mby/DX200-1.3.60-WindowsX-Purist.zip

Million thanks to Paul for answering our prayers. I also have DX200 modification service (ROM and hardware modification) for people who're interested in taking this to the further levels. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Feb 21, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #37 of 331
Here's installation guide for my ROM

Installation Guide

1. Download Factory Tool provided by Paul http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/FactoryTool_v1.39_DX200.zip
2. Turn off DX200
3. Connect DX200 with USB connection to computer while holding play button switch
4. Install Rockchip USB driver included in FactoryTool
5. Open FactoryTool.exe and flash ROM according to instructions provided in DX200 batch tool instruction.doc

I tested downloading free and purchased apps from Play Store. No issue. :)

As for Root, I'm not sure if it's possible because image file format doesn't seem to provide permission modification. I don't have uses for it too right now and have other things to take care of.

As for Viper4Android, this is purist ROM having audio effects engine removed for higher fidelity sound. Viper4Android is audio effect addon so it won't work with this ROM even if you have root access.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #38 of 331
Here's installation guide for my ROM

Installation Guide

1. Download Factory Tool provided by Paul http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/FactoryTool_v1.39_DX200.zip

2. Turn off DX200

3. Connect DX200 with USB connection to computer while holding play button switch

4. Install Rockchip USB driver included in FactoryTool

5. Open FactoryTool.exe and flash ROM according to instructions provided in DX200 batch tool instruction.doc

I tested downloading free and purchased apps from Play Store. No issue. :)

As for Root, I'm not sure if it's possible because image file format doesn't seem to provide permission modification. I don't have uses for it too right now and have other things to take care of.

As for Viper4Android, this is purist ROM having audio effects engine removed for higher fidelity sound. Viper4Android is audio effect addon so it won't work with this ROM even if you have root access.

Regards,

Keetakawee

This seems to be cool !
Is there any way go to back to the original ROM?
Have anyone tried it?
Have you noticed any difference in sound?

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #39 of 331
You can always flash stock OTA ROM from website or image rom fraom main DX200 thread.

Feb 21, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #40 of 331
@WindowsX I am trying to install you firmware. I have installed the Rockchip Usb driver for Windows8 64Bit. But when i open the app FactoryTool.exe i am getting the message "loading config file failed". Anyway the app is starting but when i select the update.img the app is crashing. What should i do?

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #41 of 331
What is your Windows version? Did you follow the instructions in "DX200 batch tool instruction.doc" file?

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #42 of 331
I have Windows 8 on May PC and have unistall the driver an have restarted my PC twice. Thank you WindowsX the tool works and i have installed your Rom. İt is fantastic to see Googleplay. Very fluied rom. Thank you so much! :)

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #43 of 331
Here's public release containing the following changes as below:

-Play Store added
-Apollo - Fidelity Edition from https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/apollo-music-player-fidelity-edition-t3038629 included
-build.prop tweaks for better video and storage performance
-Equalizer/Gaplass removed
-audio effects engine removed
-Video components in core audio output removed

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/izd0jxqwbmj9mby/DX200-1.3.60-WindowsX-Purist.zip

Million thanks to Paul for answering our prayers. I also have DX200 modification service (ROM and hardware modification) for people who're interested in taking this to the further levels. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Installed and testing. All works good so far. Just wondering, why removing gapless? I know You had a good reason for it but can You tell us why is it bad for your compilation. I have a lot of albums which need gapless playback.

Thanks for your work:)

Feb 22, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #44 of 331
I have Windows 8 on May PC and have unistall the driver an have restarted my PC twice. Thank you WindowsX the tool works and i have installed your Rom. İt is fantastic to see Googleplay. Very fluied rom. Thank you so much!
smily_headphones1.gif

Glad to hear it works fine now. Happy listening. :)

Installed and testing. All works good so far. Just wondering, why removing gapless? I know You had a good reason for it but can You tell us why is it bad for your compilation. I have a lot of albums which need gapless playback.

Thanks for your work:)

Gaplass will buffer next song and merge with current stream causing SQ drop significantly on public release. I decided to remove it for the sake of better SQ. For advanced ROM I did with further improvements, I can add back gaplass on upgraded ROM because overall SQ still surpasses standards in market today by a big margin.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Feb 22, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #45 of 331
Gaplass will buffer next song and merge with current stream causing SQ drop significantly on public release. I decided to remove it for the sake of better SQ. For advanced ROM I did with further improvements, I can add back gaplass on upgraded ROM because overall SQ still surpasses standards in market today by a big margin.

Regards,
Keetakawee

It would be great, there are albums that are hard to listen to without gapless.

Thanks for Your awesome work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back