iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 8, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #6,751 of 6,983
Hi all,
Just got a DX160 but it seems that my battery doesn't hold the charge when the device is off.
It was charged 100% and no use for 1 day, when I powered it on, 2% battery left...
What could be the issue?
If you got it used, it could be a bad battery. Even if it were new it is possible that it has sat on a shelf since 2019 or 2020?? It should not discharge on its own if it is shut down.

Is the device off, or is just the screen off? This could do it, especially if there is an app/apps running.

Jan 8, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #6,753 of 6,983
Just switched off.
Now charged and the battery drain even without wifi or anything is crazy. So battery probably dead
Yes, the battery needs replacement. ibasso has a video on how to do it and they have the batteries.

Jan 8, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #6,755 of 6,983
Jan 8, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #6,756 of 6,983
Last edited:
Jan 8, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #6,758 of 6,983
Another issue is Tidal playing master only. Not hifi tracks.
Googling the issue it seems to be the case for other Ibasso devices as well and only an old version of Tidal can fix this.
Disappointing.
Understandable. I have not had any issues, but then again, I don't update apps except when a new FW comes out. This way I am ensured compatibility. Though I suppose one day that Amazon Music will just stop working because it is an older version. :)

I don't think anyone really knows if it is an iBasso issue, or a Tidal issue. Might be a bit of both??? Either way and since the DX170 has come out, I doubt it will be fixed... :frowning2: Though, I could be surprised.

The DX160 just had an update not too long ago. I have mine really stable, so I will not be updating things (like Amazon Music) unless it simply doesn't work anymore, and I have nothing to lose by doing so. I doubt I will be getting rid of my DX160. When the battery dies, I will change it and start all over again (I have the 2019 version, from the start, and I still get anywhere from 6 to 9 hours playback). :)

The trick is that if you will not be using it for more than a few days, try and leave it charged to about 50%. You can store Lithium batteries in this state for up to 5 years with no adverse effects (as long as there is no draw on the battery).

Anyhow, congrats on your new shiny! Sorry you have to work on it OOTB though.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #6,759 of 6,983
Just to follow up on this.

I recharged the battery and tried to forced-closed the Google service app, it seems that now my dx160 is behaving totally fine.
Switched on, offline mode and screen off it loses 1% per hour or even less maybe. Which I consider as normal.

So looks like battery health is fine after all.
Just a software issue it seems.

I'll report back in couple of days the evolution

Feb 18, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #6,762 of 6,983
I've now made up my mind to restore the factory settings with the AndroidTool and set up the device from scratch. At first there were problems with the tool and the recognition of the device, but that was due to the (original) USB cable, the contacts are probably not of the best quality. With the current installation, I only integrated the SD card afterwards, so some Android system folders are no longer on it. Now I'm testing whether the DX160 starts sporadically into a black screen again, which requires a restart, or whether this has solved the problem.
Does anyone here also use the AIMP player for Android? I would be interested to know if there are any differences in sound between versions 3.30.1241 and 3.30.1246. That's why I'm still using the first version.

Feb 18, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #6,763 of 6,983
I've now made up my mind to restore the factory settings with the AndroidTool and set up the device from scratch. At first there were problems with the tool and the recognition of the device, but that was due to the (original) USB cable, the contacts are probably not of the best quality. With the current installation, I only integrated the SD card afterwards, so some Android system folders are no longer on it. Now I'm testing whether the DX160 starts sporadically into a black screen again, which requires a restart, or whether this has solved the problem.
Does anyone here also use the AIMP player for Android? I would be interested to know if there are any differences in sound between versions 3.30.1241 and 3.30.1246. That's why I'm still using the first version.
Keep us updated as to whether your issue is solved with this method?!

I don't use AIMP for android, so I can't help much. But I can say that if the app is bit perfect, then there shouldn't be any changes in sound between versions (unless you are using DSP).

Feb 18, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #6,765 of 6,983
Hello, good morning, community. Does anyone here know how to know if your ibasso dx160 activates the LDAC codec, since I want to try headphones with said codec?
In your bluetooth connection in options click the cog wheel next to your connection name, it should show LDAC as either on or off (it is a toggle most times). Also, you should be able to into options and look at dev options to see what codec it is currently using (once you have connected).

Having said that, android devices normally pick the best quality codec available when there isn't an installable app to tell it otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back