iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 16, 2022 at 5:26 AM Post #6,736 of 6,983
I've had my player for two years now and I have to say that it still gives me great pleasure. In the meantime I have ended up with the player software AIMP 3.30 RC, which fully covers my needs. I treat the battery very carefully, so if possible not discharged below 25% and as a charger I use a USB charger 5V 1.2A. The device is charged after a good 1.5 hours.
I also have the problem with the black screen sporadically, the error usually occurs when I (probably) left the charger plugged in for a little too long and the battery was already full, but a restart by pressing the power button for a long time helps.

Nov 17, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #6,740 of 6,983
Hi guys. Is the back cover plastic? do you need a bottom heater to take it apart? my friend seems to have broken the power button, does not respond to it. can you open it yourself?
Yes, i used a hairdryer and a suction cup, not sure about the parts needed to repair it.

Dec 17, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #6,742 of 6,983
There still doesn't appear to be anywhere on the website to find that download. The DOWNLOADS button on the home page just takes me back to the products page.

Really? That was the only reason for me considering Lurker's mod, as I'd read it was the only way to install UAPP. I was waiting to see what any new updates would bring, but I have the latest update and there's still no Google Play Store. I uninstalled the bundled Chinese apps, so I'll have to re-install them and see if it works. Thanks!
I found Chrome on mine, and went to play dot google dot com with that. Mine was used, but any browser should get you there.

Dec 17, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #6,743 of 6,983
Hi guys. Is the back cover plastic? do you need a bottom heater to take it apart? my friend seems to have broken the power button, does not respond to it. can you open it yourself?
I know this is a late reply, but my DX160 wouldn't turn on last June. I eventually sent it to Ibasso for repair. Turns out it was a bad eMMC, not the power button.

Dec 17, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #6,744 of 6,983
I know this is a late reply, but my DX160 wouldn't turn on last June. I eventually sent it to Ibasso for repair. Turns out it was a bad eMMC, not the power button.
Interesting, and probably the first time I have seen that issue for the DX160.

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #6,745 of 6,983
How easy was it to get this serviced, and how quickly did it get turned around for you? I have no issues with my 2020 version DX160, but just curious if I have to go through this for anything in the future. I have used it almost every day since I bought it in late 2020.

Dec 22, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #6,746 of 6,983
How easy was it to get this serviced, and how quickly did it get turned around for you? I have no issues with my 2020 version DX160, but just curious if I have to go through this for anything in the future. I have used it almost every day since I bought it in late 2020.
Make sure you have a backup. It took about 2 1/2 months with most of that time in transit. About 6-7 weeks to ship from the US to China, it sat in customs a long time, and 3-4 weeks for return shipping. Ibasso themselves were quick. I had an email with a diagnosis and repair cost a few days after delivery to them was confirmed. Total repair cost with shipping both ways was less than $75. And if it matters, mine is the 2019 version.

Dec 22, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #6,747 of 6,983
Make sure you have a backup. It took about 2 1/2 months with most of that time in transit. About 6-7 weeks to ship from the US to China, it sat in customs a long time, and 3-4 weeks for return shipping. Ibasso themselves were quick. I had an email with a diagnosis and repair cost a few days after delivery to them was confirmed. Total repair cost with shipping both ways was less than $75. And if it matters, mine is the 2019 version.
Thanks for this. Hopefully I don't need it, but just in case I now have a reference timeframe.

Dec 23, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #6,748 of 6,983
This is one of the reasons I have never sent mine in for repairs (3.5mm socket shorts out sometimes). I just hate being without it for so long... :)

Jan 4, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #6,749 of 6,983
Ibasso repair is pretty good , with decent turnaround. I sent in my DX80 years ago for repair, and it got turned around from China in about three weeks, give or take. Not bad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back