iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Aug 1, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #6,676 of 6,983
A new Firmware for the DX160 1.09 Enjoy!

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX160FW-ota-1.09.zip

Change log and instructions in the download.
I, for one absolutely appreciate that iBasso is still putting work into this device (as well as the DX300)! Is it perfect? Nope, but I still argue it is hard to find better sound quality for the dollars spent, and that is why I bought it to begin with. All the other stuff is really a bonus anyhow.

As for the DX170, fortunately for me I will not need to make a decision any time soon (hopefully) as to whether I will move to it or something else. For the moment (since 2019) I am perfectly happy with my DX160 (the 300 being end game and the 160 for my beater).

Aug 2, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #6,679 of 6,983
Change log FW version 1.09.350:

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Rectified the bug that there is a possibility that the Mango Player APP can crash when scanning.
2. Rectified the bug that the progress timing is displayed incorrectly, after dragging the progress bar when the playback is paused.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #6,680 of 6,983
Add-on v.1.31 is compatible with the firmware version 1.09.350.
@Lurker0 Thanks for pushing this update out so quickly!

A question about this feature;
  • Performance tweak for popular music players (Neutron, UAPP, Tidal, Spotify). Such a tweak is used on Rockchip SoC based devices for benchmark apps, iBasso sets it for its Mango Player.
Does this tweak apply to all other media players as well? Poweramp, GoneMAD, and Foobar Mobile are others I use besides Neutron.

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #6,681 of 6,983
Aug 2, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #6,682 of 6,983
Aug 13, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #6,686 of 6,983
The semipermanent adhesive holding the back cover on my DX160 gradually started coming loose. @jamato8 recommended some special cell phone glue - thanks! Being lazy and not wanting to order something I would just use once and throw out as chemical waste, I walked to the phone repair shop across the street from my work on my lunch hour and asked them to please seal my DAP back up again. I was in and out of there in minutes, no charge, and I'm good to go for hundreds more hours on this sweet player! Felt like a baller walking around with my Meze bag - the ZMF bag would have worked too, but with no strings to carry it by, I opted for Meze.

iBasso 1.jpg
iBasso 3.jpg
iBasso 5.jpg

Aug 13, 2022 at 10:13 PM Post #6,687 of 6,983
The semipermanent adhesive holding the back cover on my DX160 gradually started coming loose. @jamato8 recommended some special cell phone glue - thanks! Being lazy and not wanting to order something I would just use once and throw out as chemical waste, I walked to the phone repair shop across the street from my work on my lunch hour and asked them to please seal my DAP back up again. I was in and out of there in minutes, no charge, and I'm good to go for hundreds more hours on this sweet player! Felt like a baller walking around with my Meze bag - the ZMF bag would have worked too, but with no strings to carry it by, I opted for Meze.

iBasso 1.jpgiBasso 3.jpgiBasso 5.jpg
What method/tools did you end up using to get the back off? Also, which version do you have? I can't seem to read the year on the back. :)

Aug 14, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #6,688 of 6,983
What method/tools did you end up using to get the back off? Also, which version do you have? I can't seem to read the year on the back. :)
The adhesive was actually loose enough that one side could be lifted with a fingernail. The tech at the shop just used his hands to very gently lift the back away from the case - like opening a door.

The back says 2020. I bought it new from B&H Photo in May of 2020. Currently rocking the latest firmware.

Aug 14, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #6,689 of 6,983
You use a hot air gun for a bout a minute and a suction cup. Pull gently, if nothing, do the hot air gun again and try again. Repeat and needed. I have taken them off a few times. Just don't pull real hard or you will break the glass back.

Aug 14, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #6,690 of 6,983
The adhesive was actually loose enough that one side could be lifted with a fingernail. The tech at the shop just used his hands to very gently lift the back away from the case - like opening a door.

The back says 2020. I bought it new from B&H Photo in May of 2020. Currently rocking the latest firmware.

You use a hot air gun for a bout a minute and a suction cup. Pull gently, if nothing, do the hot air gun again and try again. Repeat and needed. I have taken them off a few times. Just don't pull real hard or you will break the glass back.
Thank you both for your input!

I think, when it is time (and I think it is approaching) that I may employ both methods, as mine seems to be a bit loose on the back (the whole thing I think). I dunno' because I haven't really made it a priority since it isn't needed yet, and I keep the DX in the stock case. It just seems as though the last time I had it out (to clean dirt and stuff from the back) I could shift the glass back just by pressing on it.

Anyone that has changed their battery have a good rec for a battery (that isn't falsely advertised)? I know I can get one from just about anywhere, but IME they aren't as advertised, and half of them are over half dead to begin with (total life).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back