iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jul 25, 2022 at 6:20 AM Post #6,647 of 6,983
I will agree that technologically ibasso dx160 is much newer but taking into account only the yo sound probably will be better on the iriver h320 ?
Pretty subjective question, but I would agree with the previous post that it is very likely going to sound better. There aren’t too many reviews that would suggest sound quality of the DX160 can be beat in its’ price range. Some of the wireless features are questionably reliable, but nothing to do with sound.

Jul 25, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #6,648 of 6,983
hallo I have a few questions
1. Will the Ibasso dx160 drive the akg k702 or hd600 headphones?
2Will this player have better sound quality than the lg v30 phone with dac ess saber?
3.Will this player have better sound quality than the old Iriver h320?
Thank you and the answers
Yes I have tried to drive the hd 600 at 70% high gain. Playing Flac will need up to 80 - 90% depending on tracks.
If you have a balanced cable it will be abit better.
Have no real experience with those exact devices but just want to let you know DX160 is my endgame dap so far ~3y. I upgraded to multiple high-end hps and tried out many others but haven't been convinced to upgrade the dap yet :)
Oh I also upgraded to DX160 from Cowon Pleune D1

Jul 25, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #6,649 of 6,983
Yes I have tried to drive the hd 600 at 70% high gain. Playing Flac will need up to 80 - 90% depending on tracks.
If you have a balanced cable it will be abit better.
Have no real experience with those exact devices but just want to let you know DX160 is my endgame dap so far ~3y. I upgraded to multiple high-end hps and tried out many others but haven't been convinced to upgrade the dap yet :)
Oh I also upgraded to DX160 from Cowon Pleune D1
I suppose I should have mentioned in my last post that anything 300 ohms and up can be driven well, but really needs balanced connection to sound its best from the DAP.

Jul 26, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #6,650 of 6,983
I know it's not obviously the right thread for that but just in case, I sell my DX160 2020 version, Fidelizer advanced rom (priority to sound). I give several cases and screen protectors with it (not only the official but also another brand, far better). Everything in perfect condition, like new (boxes...etc).

Do not hesitate to PM.

Jul 26, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #6,651 of 6,983
that is, resuming the LG V-series or Asus Rog Phone 5, it can sound no worse than DAP and in a blind test it may even turn out to be a better question, then is it worth investing in Dap? Wouldn't it be better to spend the money on choosing the right headphones for the phone, or buy an amplifier that will be even better than the trgo in the phone and even from more than one Dapa What do you think?

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #6,652 of 6,983
Hi, so we tried to disassemble the DX160 with my father to fix what we thought would be the issue with the jack port.
When we used the suction pad, it broke the back glass in small parts.
And then worse, when opening it, we figured out it is the transistor/component that seems to be burned out... I'll show some pictures tomorrow.

I've wrote back to iBasso... This is so freaking annoying.

Edit: after attempting to solder the inner part of the port (sorry it's hard to explain in another language), it is now working without interruptions...

PXL_20220727_064553421.jpg

PXL_20220727_064601216.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #6,653 of 6,983
Hi, so we tried to disassemble the DX160 with my father to fix what we thought would be the issue with the jack port.
And then worse, when opening it, we figured out it is the transistor/component that is burned out... I'll show some pictures tomorrow.

Sorry to hear/see that. Hopefully iBasso can help (I am sure they can).

Jul 26, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #6,654 of 6,983
And then worse, when opening it, we figured out it is the transistor/component that is burned out... I'll show some pictures tomorrow.

I have taken the back off a few times. A hot air gun and suction cup but slowly and if it doesn't budge, more hot air gun all over the back. But slowly when taking off the back.

Jul 26, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #6,655 of 6,983
And then worse, when opening it, we figured out it is the transistor/component that seems to be burned out... I'll show some pictures tomorrow.

Edit: after attempting to solder the inner part of the port (sorry it's hard to explain in another language), it is now working without interruptions...
Sorry about the back but the good news it that its up and running. Please share the pictures of what happened. Its always good to see the innards of a device :)

Jul 27, 2022 at 3:13 AM Post #6,656 of 6,983
I have taken the back off a few times. A hot air gun and suction cup but slowly and if it doesn't budge, more hot air gun all over the back. But slowly when taking off the back.
Well, my father used a glue remover on all sides, then a razor blade and the suction cup.
I tried to convince him to use the hair dryer but well, fathers always know best right 😅
We didnt re-glue the back as it is OK with the plastic case.

I uploaded two pictures.

This morning 0 issue, music up and running

Jul 27, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #6,657 of 6,983
Well, my father used a glue remover on all sides, then a razor blade and the suction cup.
I tried to convince him to use the hair dryer but well, fathers always know best right 😅
We didnt re-glue the back as it is OK with the plastic case.

I uploaded two pictures.

This morning 0 issue, music up and running
I am not seeing those pictures?!

So, did you end up replacing the burned transistor/component, or simply soldered the connector back in place? I have having what may be the same issue with my 3.5mm conncector.

Jul 27, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #6,658 of 6,983
I am not seeing those pictures?!

So, did you end up replacing the burned transistor/component, or simply soldered the connector back in place? I have having what may be the same issue with my 3.5mm conncector.
Scroll up to see.

Yes, resolder the connector and the inner small "ailettes" inside.

I don't really want to open it again huh.

Jul 27, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #6,660 of 6,983
I have been using DX160 for several years on a daily basis, for the form factor you are hard pressed to find another DAP that has a better sound quality. The battery is decreasing but for my purpose, it is fine since only use it for around 2 hours each time.
However, I have the frozen screen upon startup more frequently. Now I have about 1/3 to even 1/2 of the times when I switched DX160 on, I have a frozen screen, and I have hard restart to make it work. It becoming very annoying and I am starting to look a replacement for DX160.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back