iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Dec 12, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #5,056 of 6,983
Hello guys,
it has happened to me a few times when I unlock the screen, my Dx160 "locks" and restarts. . Someone else?
Try to perform a reset there
Press long the power button for 10'' secs and wait to open by itself
I hope that will help.... :wink:

Dec 12, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #5,057 of 6,983
@alexandros a I think the "brightness" setting helps a bit, mine is at 52%. Some people prefer to turn the screen off whenever not really needed, but I rather just load the battery a bit more.
Thanks a lot bro...
Really appreciate your interest....
I ll do that...

Dec 13, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #5,058 of 6,983
I can strongly recommend the lurker firmware add on for the DX160. The Hiby-player is insane (at least the sound quality). I've used the neutron-player before but the add on with hiby is a huge improvement in sound.
My denon ah-d 9200 has now enough bass without using any sound tuning...

Dec 14, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #5,059 of 6,983
Guys...
Did any of you has experienced any issues associated with the battery life on DX160??
I started using DX160 for about 3 days now, and today morning I listened for about an hour in balanced out 4.4 using AM05 & IT04 ibasso iems. During this hour long listening session the battery percentage went down from 45% to 20%
That's a 25% percentage decrease there!!
Is this normal??
I use mostly flac files in my collection and during that hour wasn't using any other app on DX160...
Just using Mango player playing directly from my 64gb micro SD card.
After that I left DX160 playing alone for another hour, (no iems/earphones connected there) with screen off.
Checked it after an hour and battery percentage was decreased only by 10%
(from 20% to 10%) which seems quite normal to my opinion....
Is there anything I am missing here????
Maybe the activation of the "data saver" option on DX160 settings can help this battery consumption??
Another thing noticed there was a little heat at the back of DX160s surface.. (after two hours added playing time)
Any opinion would be of great help
Thanks for reading........
P. S. I got the 2020 updated version of DX160.

This would interest me also. I started listening today with 50% of battery. I listened to let´s say 1 album from tidal (but from downloaded part) and let´s say 5 songs I was streaming and I ended up with 20%... True is I was searching something in tidal for a while, so display had definitely consumed something, but all in all I think the battery drain is quite big in my eyes

Dec 14, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #5,060 of 6,983
This would interest me also. I started listening today with 50% of battery. I listened to let´s say 1 album from tidal (but from downloaded part) and let´s say 5 songs I was streaming and I ended up with 20%... True is I was searching something in tidal for a while, so display had definitely consumed something, but all in all I think the battery drain is quite big in my eyes
I had a brief chat with @Paul (from iBasso) this weekend, using mail since I had contacted him over this problem
I personally (before that) had noticed some progress on the battery life there once I left the battery go down to 0% and started charging it from 0% to full charge....
@Paul strongly suggested that since I did that action once, I should better charge DX160 when the battery indicator shows 20% (more or less) and in every case never let go down again to zero 0%
He also told me that battery needs about two weeks to reach it's full potential
(started using DX160 last week) and never store DX160 for long time at 100% fully charged.
In case you just started using DX160 (over the last days) you will most probably notice some improvement on the battery life over the following days man
@Zambu also suggested here on this thread that the "brightness" setting helps a lot to decrease the battery consumption (53% or under that)
Well hope things will find their way eventually for you man and get better....

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #5,061 of 6,983
Hello guys. I have been noticing a static on left channel whenever I run balanced 4.4 output. Static only appears when turning device on and whenever tracks are switched (ie beginning of every track) but not in the middle of any track. This was audible using multiple iems and with various jack adapter (with and without) combos. It's quite a sharp sound.
I am currently running Lurker's latest add on and heard it on android as well as mango. Should I be worried?

Dec 16, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #5,062 of 6,983
It is about USD$385 in my country and I have been contemplating to purchase one. Await your feedback :)

All I can say at the moment is that I'm using the DX160 with my A&K Billie Jean IEMs and the sound is fantastic! Plenty of punch in the bass and sparkly highs without being sibilant. As others have said, battery life isn't so great, but it's fine for general everyday use. The display is very clear and easy to navigate, basically like a smartphone. I think it would be difficult to find a better player at this price point.

Dec 16, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #5,063 of 6,983
Thanks so much dude...
Been trying since this morning using the audio settings on the menu to find if the two buttons on the right side ( < > ) can be used as volume controls beside forward and backward tracks.... But I suppose this is not an option right?? :confused:

Yes, that is not an option. The only hardware present for volume control is the wheel.

You can control the volume on the touchscreen by swiping away or toward the volume display in the centre of the screen (have to turn the volume wheel first for the display to show, if that makes sense). I know that doesn't answer your question, but just another option.:wink:

Dec 16, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #5,064 of 6,983
All I can say at the moment is that I'm using the DX160 with my A&K Billie Jean IEMs and the sound is fantastic! Plenty of punch in the bass and sparkly highs without being sibilant. As others have said, battery life isn't so great, but it's fine for general everyday use. The display is very clear and easy to navigate, basically like a smartphone. I think it would be difficult to find a better player at this price point.

How's the overall UI experience? Does it lags occasionally or frequently?

Dec 17, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #5,066 of 6,983
You can control the volume on the touchscreen by swiping away or toward the volume display in the centre of the screen (have to turn the volume wheel first for the display to show, if that makes sense). I know that doesn't answer your question, but just another option.:wink:
Thanks so much dude
I found it during the last days but... once the volume adjustment "disappears" from the screen you have to use the volume wheel again...
Out of curiosity man... Have you installed any other firmware (lurker for example..) on DX160??? thanks for caring bro... :pensive:

Dec 17, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #5,067 of 6,983
Thanks so much dude
I found it during the last days but... once the volume adjustment "disappears" from the screen you have to use the volume wheel again...
Out of curiosity man... Have you installed any other firmware (lurker for example..) on DX160??? thanks for caring bro... :pensive:

Still debating whether or not to install the Lurker firmware. I'm happy with the sound as it is, and the other functions would be of little benefit, so I'll probably just stick with the stock firmware for now.

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #5,068 of 6,983
Still debating whether or not to install the Lurker firmware. I'm happy with the sound as it is, and the other functions would be of little benefit, so I'll probably just stick with the stock firmware for now.
Yeah.. I see
Me... was thinking about it till yesterday when I noticed a post here from a guy who had some issues with "static" noises at the beginning of each song having already installed the lurker fw so... think I ll pass for now..... :confused:

Dec 17, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #5,069 of 6,983
I haven't experienced any lag, but still haven't copied over much of my music library to the device. It might slow down as it fills up.
I have copied till now up to 60gb from my library (2100 tracks) and no lag obtained
Impressively fast....

Dec 17, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #5,070 of 6,983
Hello guys. I have been noticing a static on left channel whenever I run balanced 4.4 output. Static only appears when turning device on and whenever tracks are switched (ie beginning of every track) but not in the middle of any track. This was audible using multiple iems and with various jack adapter (with and without) combos. It's quite a sharp sound.
I am currently running Lurker's latest add on and heard it on android as well as mango. Should I be worried?
Try using other firmwares ? Sometimes it has noises when transistors are switching

Users who are viewing this thread

Back