iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jul 13, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #4,246 of 6,983
These look great! Any chance you could post the settings or explain how you setup Nova Launcher Prime, and KLWP? Thanks!

I can help also.

I don't know your knowledge about KLWP, but this a very straight forward process:

you need to:
- buy klwp pro and install;
- install cassiopeia for klwp and follow the instructions:
Open app
Tap on the preset you want to use
Tap the "save" icon in the top right corner
Go to your launcher
Set number of screens for 2

Normally, in nova lancher you've to make some changes to have a more "clean" screen, like remove: dock, status bar (or hide), defaullt widget, etc....

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #4,247 of 6,983
I read this several times in this thread, and people even said they needed to be right next to their router to get "any" connectivity, which worried me a lot.

In my experience, two rooms away from the router, my smartphone has full bars of wifi range, the DX160 gets around 60%. Doesn't have a huge effect on any streaming platforms that I use, so it's no biggie in my case.

What router are you using?

The DX160 certainly has a weaker wifi capability than a smartphone, but in my experience it was far from being unusable

Hi,
I’ve found that the WI-FI issues are related to the screen going to sleep initiates a Wi-Fi sleep several minutes later.

leaving screen on- No issues With Wi-Fi.

Jul 13, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #4,248 of 6,983
Hi,
I’ve found that the WI-FI issues are related to the screen going to sleep initiates a Wi-Fi sleep several minutes later.

leaving screen on- No issues With Wi-Fi.
I have no problems with wifi when the screen goes to sleep.

Jul 13, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #4,249 of 6,983
I have no problems with wifi when the screen goes to sleep.

I found that my Tidal streams cut off several minutes after screen went to sleep.

i has tried a Wi-Fi monitor but Wi-Fi was strong so that wasn’t issue, seemingly it’s a command initiated by Android Oreo.

Jul 13, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #4,250 of 6,983
I found that my Tidal streams cut off several minutes after screen went to sleep.

i has tried a Wi-Fi monitor but Wi-Fi was strong so that wasn’t issue, seemingly it’s a command initiated by Android Oreo.
I use UAPP to listen to the tracks on my PC using UPNP and I haven't faced this issue thankfully. But I understand what you mean.

Jul 13, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #4,251 of 6,983
The DX160 - For the Music!

MSRP 399 USD. Price will vary in areas due to import fees and transportation costs.

Specifications:

4.4mm Balanced Output
Output Voltage: 6.4Vrms
FR:10Hz~40kHz +/-0.15dB
S/N: 130dB
THD+N: 0.00022% (no Load, 3Vrms),0.00022% (32Ω Load, 3Vrms)
Crosstalk: -125dB

3.5mm Single Ended Phone Out:
Output Voltage: 3.2Vrms
FR:10Hz~40kHz +/-0.15dB S/N: 125dB
THD+N: 0.0004% (no Load, 2Vrms),0.0007% (32Ω Load, 2Vrms)
Crosstalk: -115dB

Line Out:
Output Voltage: 3.2Vrms
FR: 10Hz~40kHz +/- 0.15dB S/N: 125dB
THD+N: 0.00035% (no Load, 2Vrms)
Crosstalk: -113dB

Micro SD card: Up to 2tb.

Hi,
I am using TeamViewer to give me full control on my Iphone over my IBasso dx160.
i downloaded the teamviewer host android app to Ibasso, joined TeamViewer on PC and authorised emails etc. i then downloaded the teamViewer app to the Iphone ( you get fullscreen if ibasso set to 1080).
i then was asked on the Ibasso if i wanted to download the teamviewer control app and did so.

It works really well, fast and smooth and cant say i hear any difference when control running and off, which is a good thing!!

Ive been wanting to find a way of getting Hi Res audio, Tidal, MQA etc inc DSD into my Valve Headphone amp without wires from my main hifi or and spending a fortune on a streaming dac and this IBASSO DX160 does it all and now with remote control.

Jul 13, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #4,252 of 6,983

This was already discuss here before. check your internet connection.

I thought the same, but then a realised that TIDAL/DX160 worked fine with my smartphone hotspot and other internet service providers, the problem was my home internet service.

Jul 13, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #4,253 of 6,983
This was already discuss here before. check your internet connection.

I thought the same, but then a realised that TIDAL/DX160 worked fine with my smartphone hotspot and other internet service providers, the problem was my home internet service.
Which router you have? Provided from national brand?

Jul 13, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #4,254 of 6,983
You can read about the (mostly minor) differences here:
https://twister6.com/2020/05/18/in-a-snapshot-ibasso-dx160-2020-model/

I wouldn't expect any sales aside from some 10% off from whatever price. Seems usual for DAPs as they are not mass market products.

Thanks for the reply. And sorry I barged in here uninformed and asking questions with well known (to those familiar with this DAP anyway) answers.

I am aware of that review but have not read it in full yet. I did read much of this comprehensive review https://headfonics.com/ibasso-dx160-review/4/ and other various shorter reviews.

I'm pretty set on the 160 as it seems 1) a great player all around 2) more specifically has some pluses I'm looking for, such as a slightly less analytical sound which would pair nicely for my uses (mostly listening to jazz and classical during "relaxing/reading time outside") and to soften or warm up the Blessing 2 a bit, since although I love their sound signature overall, it can be slightly dry for some genres. I also like the reiterated aspect of the 160 having a wide sound stage as one of my main issues with IEM's overall is the compressed sound stage you get with them compared to (similar quality) full sized headphones.

It looks like a great player and would be my first iBasso purchase despite having been aware of them for about (iirc) 15 years now and seeing many of their products well received.

Jul 15, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #4,256 of 6,983
Actually I switch it off. Power consumption while standby is with dx160 much better then It was with fiio x7 II. But still its there..

So boot up time is within an acceptable range, I switch it off..
did you have the X7 II before the DX160 ? how is the sound signature compared ?
thanks

Jul 15, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #4,257 of 6,983
So I just dropped a 32bit(floating point) /192Khz Album with .wv file extension onto the DX160 and to my surprise, it's playing it.

Doesn't say anywhere that DX160 Mango player can play this file extension but glad it does.

May have to compress my DSD's via WavPack and save some space :)

Jul 15, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #4,258 of 6,983
I can help also.

I don't know your knowledge about KLWP, but this a very straight forward process:

you need to:
- buy klwp pro and install;
- install cassiopeia for klwp and follow the instructions:
Open app
Tap on the preset you want to use
Tap the "save" icon in the top right corner
Go to your launcher
Set number of screens for 2

Normally, in nova lancher you've to make some changes to have a more "clean" screen, like remove: dock, status bar (or hide), defaullt widget, etc....

Thanks! Cassiopeia was the missing piece for me. I've got it setup but it's not all working. It works for the first track that I play but doesn't update when I switch to another track/album.

Also doesn't seem to fully work on UAPP. The track information is correct but it's not loading the album art.

I can only get it to work on the home screen, but it would be great on the lock screen as well.

Not sure what settings I need to change though.

Jul 17, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #4,259 of 6,983
I bought DX160 primarily to use for Tidal Master, unfortunately it is completely useless it keeps on crashing if you touch screen while playing Tidal. I have done firmware update to latest 1.05.162 I did factory reset few times. I also noticed its wifi connectivity is not stable. Can anyone from iBasso or anyone had similar issue got resolved please Help. Thanks

Jul 17, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #4,260 of 6,983
I bought DX160 primarily to use for Tidal Master, unfortunately it is completely useless it keeps on crashing if you touch screen while playing Tidal. I have done firmware update to latest 1.05.162 I did factory reset few times. I also noticed its wifi connectivity is not stable. Can anyone from iBasso or anyone had similar issue got resolved please Help. Thanks
Leave the screen on, the android operating system switches Wi-Fi off after a few minutes when screen sleeps.

download the Lurker patch (see other posts)
I’ve downloaded teamviewer for android and now have full control via my IPhone (screen viewable too) inc touch, swipe.

I have added a large usb battery 20000maH and I’m running my system for at least 8 hrs using both Tidal HD and Amazon HD with no drop out ( screen set to no sleep)

Attachments

• 38FE9DA1-7988-4F1D-91B5-A16E50724BD9.jpeg
    38FE9DA1-7988-4F1D-91B5-A16E50724BD9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back