iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jul 11, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #4,231 of 6,983
We re

Have you heard 2019 version with this wifi noise ? that is actualy not related to wifi but some processor activity as it is not dependant to wi fi on or off. And was there any respose from ibasso as i read people had this problem in this thread. So possibly they fixed this silently in 2020 version
I have been using the 2019 ver. for a long time without any Wifi noise, connection or bluetooth problem. It may have been on some units, I guess I had a good luck.

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #4,232 of 6,983
I have it but I actually like the silicon case a lot more. I guess a normal person would have returned it, but I still have it...but guess you'll see for yourself, I've never had issues with the silicon case.
Thanks for sharing. This normal person won't buy the Miter either judging by the looks of it. I guess my sili case must be an outlier with the deep drawing of the power knob gone wrong given that the other three buttons work just fine. A Dux Ducis case like I have for my S20 would be nice

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #4,233 of 6,983
Perhaps some units has some not
I have been using the 2019 ver. for a long time without any Wifi noise, connection or bluetooth problem. It may have been on some units, I guess I had a good luck.
Perhaps some units has some not. Also how is your lz a6 with dx 160 matches well? As i am thinking, what good iem to buy with dx 160 and this a6 i find in many places as a really good if not the best in sound quality option till 300 hundred. Is a6 enough musical with dx160 as i look for technical capable but not over analytical iems. And a6 you can change sound profile so it is practically many iems in one place.

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #4,234 of 6,983
Perhaps some units has some not

Perhaps some units has some not. Also how is your lz a6 with dx 160 matches well? As i am thinking, what good iem to buy with dx 160 and this a6 i find in many places as a really good if not the best in sound quality option till 300 hundred. Is a6 enough musical with dx160 as i look for technical capable but not over analytical iems. And a6 you can change sound profile so it is practically many iems in one place.
Look at the LZ A6 thread, there has been a lot of opinions and comparisons, and some of my own opinions and graphs on mods and results are posted there. I think DX160 complements well with LZ A6 since the DAP has a warmer feeling and the IEM is a bright one.

Jul 11, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #4,235 of 6,983
anyone using the 2020 version have the wifi issue?

Jul 11, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #4,236 of 6,983
Jul 11, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #4,237 of 6,983
anyone using the 2020 version have the wifi issue?
I don't know what WiFi issues 2019 version exactly had. But the WiFi range of 2020 version is definitely not at per with modern smart phones. To get optimum WiFi performance I need to be in the close vicinity of the router. Maybe most DAPs have some WiFi issues. I have seen most Astell and Karn DAPs only supports 2.4 GHz (except SP2000). I think maybe the complex electronics of DAC, Amp etc doesn't allow the DAPs to have smart phone like wireless performance.

Jul 11, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #4,238 of 6,983
I use it at around 20 feet, maybe a little further and through a wall with cabinets and it does fine. If I really needed far, I can always use my phone as a hotspot, which is super easy and then I can be many places and I have control of where my wifi is coming from. :^)

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #4,239 of 6,983
I don't know what WiFi issues 2019 version exactly had. But the WiFi range of 2020 version is definitely not at per with modern smart phones. To get optimum WiFi performance I need to be in the close vicinity of the router. Maybe most DAPs have some WiFi issues. I have seen most Astell and Karn DAPs only supports 2.4 GHz (except SP2000). I think maybe the complex electronics of DAC, Amp etc doesn't allow the DAPs to have smart phone like wireless performance.

I read this several times in this thread, and people even said they needed to be right next to their router to get "any" connectivity, which worried me a lot.

In my experience, two rooms away from the router, my smartphone has full bars of wifi range, the DX160 gets around 60%. Doesn't have a huge effect on any streaming platforms that I use, so it's no biggie in my case.

What router are you using?

The DX160 certainly has a weaker wifi capability than a smartphone, but in my experience it was far from being unusable

Jul 12, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #4,240 of 6,983
My DX160 is out for warranty repairs. The volume pot had started behaving weirdly and the volume kept reducing even if I tried to increase the volume on the pot. Hope ibasso repairs it to my satisfaction and does not put the problem blame on regular wear and tear on me. The volume pot was always behaving like that and I could increase the volume only on several rotations on the pot ever since I got it. But thought of sending it across as it had become worse over the months. I hope their partner in India, headphonezone is able to help me.

Jul 12, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #4,241 of 6,983
My DX160 is out for warranty repairs. The volume pot had started behaving weirdly and the volume kept reducing even if I tried to increase the volume on the pot. Hope ibasso repairs it to my satisfaction and does not put the problem blame on regular wear and tear on me. The volume pot was always behaving like that and I could increase the volume only on several rotations on the pot ever since I got it. But thought of sending it across as it had become worse over the months. I hope their partner in India, headphonezone is able to help me.
Sorry to hear that. I think HPZ will have to send it to iBasso China and considering the shipping situation, I hope you are ready to wait for the long haul.

Jul 12, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #4,242 of 6,983
Looking at this for pairing with my Blessing 2's (and maybe some open back over-ear headphones) for outdoor use. I currently use a Shanling Q1 with my Blessing 2's, and it sounds incredible, but no Wi-Fi.

2 quick questions:

What are the differences in the 2020 version? Just the Wi-Fi problem (for some) fixed?

And does this thing ever go on sale? (I dislike paying full price for anything haha).

Thanks

Jul 13, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #4,243 of 6,983
Have you heard 2019 version with this wifi noise ? that is actualy not related to wifi but some processor activity as it is not dependant to wi fi on or off. And was there any respose from ibasso as i read people had this problem in this thread. So possibly they fixed this silently in 2020 version

I have the 2019 version and so far hissing is only from processor activity. I do not have additional hiss from wifi activity. Specifically, i pick up hisses when scrolling through apps e.g. list of videos in MX Player or list of tracks in UAPP, regardless of wifi status. Only hear the hiss with very sensitive IEMs - I have one that is 126dB/23ohms @1khz. Not sure about 2020 version's noise.

Jul 13, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #4,244 of 6,983
I have the 2019 version and so far hissing is only from processor activity. I do not have additional hiss from wifi activity. Specifically, i pick up hisses when scrolling through apps e.g. list of videos in MX Player or list of tracks in UAPP, regardless of wifi status. Only hear the hiss with very sensitive IEMs - I have one that is 126dB/23ohms @1khz. Not sure about 2020 version's noise.
Thanks for sharing, i think the same situation with mine, with sensitive iems can hear some hissing during activity, and with wi fi it is not related. With not sensitive there isn't (or very little) hiss that i can cach and with any headphone i have it is dead silent. Also no problem with wi fi. Bluetooth connection length is of course really poor (worse than my previous m11) but as this dap sounds so good i dont think i will use bluetooth anyway. Perhaps today in the store i will have possibility to listen to 2020 version and then i will check what situation with sensitive iem hiss.

Jul 13, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #4,245 of 6,983

Users who are viewing this thread

Back