iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jul 10, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #4,216 of 6,983
The courier lost my dx160. probably sign of destiny LOL but in the other side sad news

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #4,217 of 6,983
Jul 10, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #4,219 of 6,983
The courier lost my dx160. probably sign of destiny LOL but in the other side sad news
I'm sorry to hear that. I have been there before. It is a sad feeling indeed haha.
seriously.gif

Jul 10, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #4,221 of 6,983
I am thinking of buying it. Did they fix the wifi screeching noise issue?

Jul 10, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #4,222 of 6,983
Some hear it and some don't .. if you have any extra sensitive items you may or may not face the issue. I have been really enjoying it for a couple of months and I am glad I got this.

Jul 11, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #4,223 of 6,983
I installed SpotiQ to add a little more treble to crappier Spotify SQ and it works ok except for some short distortion while setting the EQ during play.
Also: After a series of accidental shut downs caused by too much pressure the silicone case applied to the power button, I finally grew the nerve to cut out that little knob in the silicone case leaving a tiny hole that now prevents the DAP from unwanted on/offs while saving a bit of battery life as well.
Waiting on a leather flip case to appear. Anyone have the Miter case?

Jul 11, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #4,224 of 6,983
I installed SpotiQ to add a little more treble to crappier Spotify SQ and it works ok except for some short distortion while setting the EQ during play.
Also: After a series of accidental shut downs caused by too much pressure the silicone case applied to the power button, I finally grew the nerve to cut out that little knob in the silicone case leaving a tiny hole that now prevents the DAP from unwanted on/offs while saving a bit of battery life as well.
I don't have the Miter case but the Miter box and I'm very happy with it. Very good quality.

Jul 11, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #4,225 of 6,983
No they didn't fixed it and with sensitive iems you can hear noises not only with wifi on but all the time. It is more louder with 3.5 and with 4.4 is less noticable and with not so sensitive iems it is practically not a problem. So shielding is made poor in this model, possibly in 2020 they fixed it.
But this is still small problem as only for the sound tuning it is worth to buy it.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #4,226 of 6,983
No they didn't fixed it and with sensitive iems you can hear noises not only with wifi on but all the time. It is more louder with 3.5 and with 4.4 is less noticable and with not so sensitive iems it is practically not a problem. So shielding is made poor in this model, possibly in 2020 they fixed it.
But this is still small problem as only for the sound tuning it is worth to buy it.
I can confirm the WiFi noise is not there in 2020 version. I am using it with Campfire Andromeda 2020, with no WiFi noise.

Jul 11, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #4,227 of 6,983
Have been experimenting with the digital filers in the audio settings. Was going back and fourth between “Fast Roll Off” and “Slow Roll Off”. Fast Roll Off had a little more sparkle in the treble, but Slow Roll Off was a little smoother sacrificing some treble detail. Finally settled on “Short Delay Slow Roll Off”. Think that gets the best of both worlds. Very subtle and subjective, but sounds better to me.

Jul 11, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #4,228 of 6,983

I have it but I actually like the silicon case a lot more. I guess a normal person would have returned it, but I still have it...but guess you'll see for yourself, I've never had issues with the silicon case.

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #4,229 of 6,983
I have been using the DX160 for a long time (8 months). Using my LZ A6, in my experience the filters do these things:
- Short Delay Slow Roll Off: Emphasizes vocals, background instrument sounds further.
- Short Delay Fast Roll Off: Emphasizes background instruments helping with separation, vocals sound further. It somehow enhances sparkle in the treble that affects the instrument separation.
- Fast Roll Off: Everything sounds further. It sounds smoother, warmer, and safer for some bright IEMs.
- Slow Roll Off: Everything sounds closer. It sounds overall more exciting, has better instrument separation that Fast Roll Off, and the vocals sound again closer than the background instruments.
I understand now why the default setting for the DX160 is Slow Roll Off, since It is the most exciting option out of these. I mainly change beetwen Fast Roll Off, Short Delay Slow Roll Off, or Slow Roll Off depending on the genre I'm listening at that moment.

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #4,230 of 6,983
We re
I can confirm the WiFi noise is not there in 2020 version. I am using it with Campfire Andromeda 2020, with no WiFi noise.
Have you heard 2019 version with this wifi noise ? that is actualy not related to wifi but some processor activity as it is not dependant to wi fi on or off. And was there any respose from ibasso as i read people had this problem in this thread. So possibly they fixed this silently in 2020 version

Users who are viewing this thread

Back