iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
May 12, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #3,571 of 6,983
I take it Mango fails to do bit perfect. What does that look like for Mango? Can you give me an example as to how Mango renders files bit imperfect? Thanks
Mango player is indeed bit-perfect. There is just no button (like there is in UAPP) to turn it on/off. If you want it bit-perfect, just make sure EQ/PEQ is turned off. And, an example of when it is NOT bit-perfect is when you have EQ/PEQ turned on. When you are in the UAPP (for instance) and click the bit-perfect button, it disables EQ/PEQ whether you want it on or not.

Well I have no idea what I've done, but I haven't installed any mods to my DX160 and I'm running UAPP just fine. I think mine game with an apk installer, so I just installed Play Store from there and have used it like that ever since - no modifications or alternative firmware has ever been near mine
You are correct. iBasso, in later FW's enabled you to download the Google Playstore from the apkpure app that is installed out of the box. I took a look before installing anything, and noticed that Google Services were actually already installed and running. I just needed to install the store app. From there you are free to do what you want. Lurker added the Playstore in his add-on because, initially iBasso gave no way to install it.

May 12, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #3,572 of 6,983
@Lurker0 - interesting issue: I'm using an alternate launcher on my 160. While the icon for the USB Audio app exists just fine in the default Launcher3, it hasn't been picked up by the third party launcher I've installed. Yeah, I can work around that no problem, but I was wondering if you had any thoughts on the matter (I'm using Niagara Launcher).
My guess is that you will need to add it to your launcher desktop from "All Apps" just like you would for any android phone using a different launcher.

May 12, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #3,574 of 6,983
My guess is that you will need to add it to your launcher desktop from "All Apps" just like you would for any android phone using a different launcher.
No, that's the problem: it doesn't APPEAR in the app drawer. If it were that simple, I wouldn't have posted :wink: EDIT: Sorted out by clearing data and cache for the launcher. So it WAS kinda simple, just insidious...

Last edited:
May 12, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #3,575 of 6,983
No, that's the problem: it doesn't APPEAR in the app drawer. If it were that simple, I wouldn't have posted :wink: EDIT: Sorted out by clearing data and cache for the launcher. So it WAS kinda simple, just insidious...
Apologies. Didn't mean to treat you as stupid, but with the little information you gave, it is always best to start with simple solutions. Glad you got it sorted anyhow.

May 12, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #3,577 of 6,983
Mango player is indeed bit-perfect. There is just no button (like there is in UAPP) to turn it on/off. If you want it bit-perfect, just make sure EQ/PEQ is turned off. And, an example of when it is NOT bit-perfect is when you have EQ/PEQ turned on. When you are in the UAPP (for instance) and click the bit-perfect button, it disables EQ/PEQ whether you want it on or not.

You are correct. iBasso, in later FW's enabled you to download the Google Playstore from the apkpure app that is installed out of the box. I took a look before installing anything, and noticed that Google Services were actually already installed and running. I just needed to install the store app. From there you are free to do what you want. Lurker added the Playstore in his add-on because, initially iBasso gave no way to install it.
Thanks for being helpful!

May 13, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #3,578 of 6,983
I didn't try more recent versions. Anyway, don't try to upgrade from Magisk Manager, as I warned in the add-on description.
If you ask would I update my build of Hiby, then the answer is: most probably, no. It would require too much efforts to re-implement bit perfect playback on iBasso devices, and I myself don't care about EQ. You may install the official build from Google Play.

I can't eliminate them, and I don't believe they actually harm. If you are concerned, you may use Windows and AndroidTool.
thanks for the explanation

May 14, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #3,579 of 6,983
Been reading the last 20 or 30 pages back on 2019 v 2020 .....as a previous owner of 2019 i initially had WiFi and Bluetooth issues , first was distance on both which wasn't great , second on Bluetooth every time I used the screen it cut out, but I'm not a big Bluetooth user so it wasn't an issue for me but I do stream and it worked flawlessly apart from distance.
I loved the dap and ui was smooth and very stable , infact I even would say a joy to use and listen too using sensitive andro s.

Then I had a rush of blood to the head and sold it as I was using other stuff but also knowing that 2020 had came out and wasn't going to lose much if I replaced it, I then before selling it obviously checked it all out and the Bluetooth was way better not cutting out using the screen , think possibly latest firmware fixed some of the problems.

Decided I was missing it! Bought 2020 ! Recieved it yesterday...... firstly audio, I think there is possibly a slight improvement, maybe a little bit cleaner and dynamic which in turn makes layering and stage seem a little better, but I do want to say this could be placebo as I had missed the little thing and been using a dtr1 which doesn't have the width.
Secondly WiFi distance seems a lot better on mine, the rest.... usability virtually the same. Installed Google playstore from apk pure, then Amazon music from Google playstore. Steaming Amazon hd once again no issues and a joy!
Also can't say I noticed a major difference between screens .
The one thing I haven't had time to try is the Bluetooth but will later or in the next few days.

So there's my little opinion on the 2020 v 2019, should you be upgrading or possibly pursuing 2020 over 2019? Well for me both my units were pretty much ok , no rattles, no noise , no real problems apart from in the end distances on Bluetooth and WiFi on the 2019. Audio is possibly a tad better but not night and day if at all, I think in this scenario you would genuinely be very happy with either as both are stellar for the price! ... don't know if 2019 will or is selling cheaper but if you can get a deal on it then jump on it.

i will try Bluetooth later and report back.

May 14, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #3,583 of 6,983
Does anyone knows have the same issue when scanning the SDCard and the unit enters in sleep mode and it stops scanning? (So I need to be touching the screen constantly so it doesn't stop scanning. I could probably increase the amount of time for the screen to turn off, but it doesn't seem to be the best option to me)

May 14, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #3,584 of 6,983
With great help from @kalik, it seems I've resolved the problem with Mango OS and DX160 2020 edition (touch screen didn't work). If you use my add-on, please update to 1.27b2. This is the only change from 1.27b1, so the users of 2019 edition or those who don't need Mango OS may continue using 1.27b1.

I installed as I have in the past but have an issue on my 2019, the USB Audio fails as soon as I try to play a song on the included HibyMusic(Lurker) App.

I always start USB Audio before trying to use Hiby Music. Everything else works fine including Mango OS Mode.

May 14, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #3,585 of 6,983
Does anyone knows have the same issue when scanning the SDCard and the unit enters in sleep mode and it stops scanning? (So I need to be touching the screen constantly so it doesn't stop scanning. I could probably increase the amount of time for the screen to turn off, but it doesn't seem to be the best option to me)

This seems like a known issue. Facing the same behavior from early versions of the firmware and continues with the latest version. During scanning disable sleep and turn it on post scanning is over. Alternately as you mentioned can tap on the screen prevent sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back