iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
May 14, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #3,586 of 6,983
This seems like a known issue. Facing the same behavior from early versions of the firmware and continues with the latest version. During scanning disable sleep and turn it on post scanning is over. Alternately as you mentioned can tap on the screen prevent sleep.

or just go back to playing music. scanning continues that way as well for me.

May 14, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #3,587 of 6,983
he USB Audio fails as soon as I try to play a song on the included HibyMusic(Lurker) App
In my tests, it works. You've PMed me, so I'll continue there.

May 14, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #3,588 of 6,983
Is there any way to control the DX160 via Bluetooth from my iPhone? I’m using the DX160 in my car via the line in port which is in the center console. I keep my iPhone in a mount beside me. I’d like to be able to change albums and track without having to dig the DX160 out every time I want to.

May 15, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #3,592 of 6,983
I would have a look to this link. Thanks

I'm a DX160 2020 owner and i've the wifi problem also.

I've already tried different changed with no luck (every 30min I get the error "failed to connect to server"), in fact this is a know issue with Oreo 8.1 that affected a lot of devices (some have beeing solved with a patch update).

I've tried:
- using a Wake lock app;
- Changing the battery optimization setings;
- Made a factory reset;
- Tested different networks at home (2,4 and 5 Ghz);
- tested also different streaming app: TIDAL and Spotify.

edit: tested Sleepywifi but don't work also, like Wake Lock CPU

Just to update the current issue with DX160, wifi and streaming music.

I was convinced this was a problem related with DX160 and android Oreo OS, because I also have a Fiio M6 that works fine when streaming, but the true is that if I use my smartphone as hotspot, I've no issue streaming for more that 30min.

I've searched for issue with the Huawei router that i've from me internet provider, and I found some complains about it, so will ask he router replacement.

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #3,593 of 6,983
The 2020 in two days from B&H? I’ve never seen any in stock with them, only 2019. I like bh though
No, sorry, I got the 2019 version back in late Jan this year. I have not looked to see if they are stocking the 2020 version or not...

May 15, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #3,594 of 6,983
I heard the ibasso DX160 may have digital noise or fuzz as some call it with sensitive in ears- anyone else have this issue- this is the thing that is preventing me from ordering- only one reviewer mentioned it- but I use Etymotic ER4 Pro and would hate it if I ordered this and i heard noise- I had the Monorprice THX Portable for less than a day and I returned it because it was a noisy box- I had the Oppo HA2se and sold it because it would pick up noise from phone if I didnt keep both separated by make shift foil faraday type cage to shield EMI/EMF from phone. I heard the Astell & Kern and Fiio M11Pro have no issue with noise at all- but the FIIO M11Pro is too sterile sounding and the new A&K SR25 isnt out yet - HELP to answer does the DX160 have noise with sensative in ear monitors ???

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #3,595 of 6,983
I heard the ibasso DX160 may have digital noise or fuzz as some call it with sensitive in ears- anyone else have this issue- this is the thing that is preventing me from ordering- only one reviewer mentioned it- but I use Etymotic ER4 Pro and would hate it if I ordered this and i heard noise- I had the Monorprice THX Portable for less than a day and I returned it because it was a noisy box- I had the Oppo HA2se and sold it because it would pick up noise from phone if I didnt keep both separated by make shift foil faraday type cage to shield EMI/EMF from phone. I heard the Astell & Kern and Fiio M11Pro have no issue with noise at all- but the FIIO M11Pro is too sterile sounding and the new A&K SR25 isnt out yet - HELP to answer does the DX160 have noise with sensative in ear monitors ???

Never had the problem. Maybe it was their setup or something else but I find it to be a very quiet dap.

May 15, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #3,597 of 6,983
Never had the problem. Maybe it was their setup or something else but I find it to be a very quiet dap.
what in ears are you using can I ask. And have you seen that review in the video above? are you using balanced in ears or unbalanced. Thank you.

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #3,598 of 6,983

I have T800 with dx160 and there's a slight hiss (not noticeable with music on though). More so when I touch the screen. St7 is less sensitive so only slight hiss when I touch screen.

Last edited:
May 16, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #3,599 of 6,983
I have T800 with dx160 and there's a slight hiss (not noticeable with music on though). More so when I touch the screen. St7 is less sensitive so only slight hiss when I touch screen.
I heard the T800 can be sibilant ? Ok so some noise when scrolling screen on DX160 does it sound like digital noise like video says?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back