iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 3, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #2,101 of 6,983
I'm using the charger from my Xperia XZ1, I had to buy it separate https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01M16UX1I/ref=pe_3044161_185740101_TE_item now it's way cheaper than the time when I bought it (44eur), the exact model is Sony UCH12W and everytime I charge it it shows "charging rapidly" and it charges really fast, didn't count exactly how much time but as fast as with my Xperia
Yes that is a "Quick Charge" charger which seems to be fast charging the DX160 for everyone.

From what I have observed in this thread not one DX160 owner has confirmed fast charging via a "Power Delivery" charger. This is not a huge deal but iBasso says the DX160 has this capability. I wish it would work so I could carry one charger and cable for my Pixel 2 phone and my DX160.

Jan 3, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #2,102 of 6,983
Yes that is a "Quick Charge" charger which seems to be fast charging the DX160 for everyone.

From what I have observed in this thread not one DX160 owner has confirmed fast charging via a "Power Delivery" charger. This is not a huge deal but iBasso says the DX160 has this capability. I wish it would work so I could carry one charger and cable for my Pixel 2 phone and my DX160.

This is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. One charger for my Pixel 2 and DX160. I think this will work:

https://smile.amazon.com/iWALK-Char...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Jan 3, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #2,103 of 6,983
This is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. One charger for my Pixel 2 and DX160. I think this will work:

https://smile.amazon.com/iWALK-Char...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
I bought the same one to solve the problem. You still have to carry two cables however since they use different USB interfaces.

I will try uninstalling Lurker's firmware tonight and see if that enables the Power Delivery fast charging. If that doesn't do it then it seems these units just do not have that capability.

Jan 3, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #2,104 of 6,983
I bought the same one to solve the problem. You still have to carry two cables however since they use different USB interfaces.

I will try uninstalling Lurker's firmware tonight and see if that enables the Power Delivery fast charging. If that doesn't do it then it seems these units just do not have that capability.

haha - duh you sent me that link! Let me know how it goes.

Jan 3, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #2,105 of 6,983
I use an Anker PD charger and it works fine for the DX220 or the DX160. The DX160 charges very fast, around 1.5 hours if discharged, but I don't like to run down the battery that much, more by accident. It works well, just like QC chargers that I have.

Jan 3, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #2,107 of 6,983
Today has been my heaviest usage of the DX160 (about 3 hours or so) and I'm sad to report that it has shutdown on it's own 3 times. Twice while using Mango and once streaming spotify. This is very disconcerting. I have the latest firmware and only one installed app (Spotify). Anyone else having random shutdowns?

Jan 3, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #2,108 of 6,983
Today has been my heaviest usage of the DX160 (about 3 hours or so) and I'm sad to report that it has shutdown on it's own 3 times. Twice while using Mango and once streaming spotify. This is very disconcerting. I have the latest firmware and only one installed app (Spotify). Anyone else having random shutdowns?

Nope, mine is all stable. But I use lurker addon and neutron for streaming.

Jan 3, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #2,110 of 6,983
Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #2,111 of 6,983
So that charger has USB C PD port that works for you?
Anker, it works very well. I use C to C a, 3.1 USB C cable.

My DX160 doesn't shut down, never has. I would do a factory reset. I use stock firmware, steam or use the SD card, with no issues.

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #2,112 of 6,983
My Dhas never shut down either, but they are still plagued with various issues. A demo unit I tried had an issue with the 4.4mm jack in such that the headphones sounded out of phase and only part volume when the plug was fully inserted. Mine is fine here, but I have now discovered my 3.5mm jack has the same issue as the 4.4mm on the demo unit. Time to move away from the Ibasso crap I think.

Jan 3, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #2,113 of 6,983
I use an Anker PD charger and it works fine for the DX220 or the DX160. The DX160 charges very fast, around 1.5 hours if discharged, but I don't like to run down the battery that much, more by accident. It works well, just like QC chargers that I have.
Which model charger is fast charging the DX160 via Power Delivery?

Not so common brand... Better watch out. If I may advise you take one from Anker they are great chargers..don't know if you buy from Alie but they are less expensive there.
That charger works just fine. It fast charges my Pixel 2 via the Power Delivery port but not the DX160.

The OEM Pixel 2 Power Delivery charger also does not fast charge the DX160.

Jan 3, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #2,114 of 6,983
Jan 3, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #2,115 of 6,983
My Dhas never shut down either, but they are still plagued with various issues. A demo unit I tried had an issue with the 4.4mm jack in such that the headphones sounded out of phase and only part volume when the plug was fully inserted. Mine is fine here, but I have now discovered my 3.5mm jack has the same issue as the 4.4mm on the demo unit. Time to move away from the Ibasso crap I think.
I know they use the Pentaconn socket, which is the highest quality 4.4 I know of, they are the originator and what Sony uses. And maybe your 3.5 plug is bad, I know my DX160 has had a lot of abuse and no problems with either sockets. If using a mic in line, that can be an issue. And there isn't a brand made of anything, that doesn't have an issue from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back