iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 4, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #2,117 of 6,983
Jan 4, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #2,118 of 6,983
I want to add a little more about the bluetooth on the dx160, first of all i love the dx160 it's a fantastic sounding device for the money and kept it over the m11 as I feel the audio is far superior in every way, layering, stage, detail and of course that virtually black background. Again I will say it punches way above its price in this area and its been my go to for a few months as its light, smooth to use and streams Amazon HD great too ...........But and here's the HUGE but, the bluetooth is far worse than I thought and i thought it was bad to begin with, I very rarely if at all use bluetooth and all i have tried was my bluetooth speaker I occasionally use at work, it was completely cutting out by walking away 20 ft at most. This morning I decided to sit have a cup of coffee with my radio on which is not even 2 ft away from where I'm sitting , thought I would try the bluetooth on the dx160 and listen to some music for once, every single time I pick up the 160 or change album or track it cuts out with holding and use...I'm 2FT AWAY LOL ....I'm going to get straight to the point, I love the dx160 its fantastic and i wont be getting rid of it but to sell a dap worth about 400 dollars that does this is not great ,infact its downright poor.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #2,119 of 6,983

hi sir thanks, but i was specifically asking about apple music, i understand from reading that apps like apple music can be installed but when logging in there seems to be a problem signing in dependent on the android version, which is also a problem with some daps like fiio m11... anyways thanks for helping me out just trying to make sure before i buy it many thanks

Jan 4, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #2,120 of 6,983
I know they use the Pentaconn socket, which is the highest quality 4.4 I know of, they are the originator and what Sony uses. And maybe your 3.5 plug is bad, I know my DX160 has had a lot of abuse and no problems with either sockets. If using a mic in line, that can be an issue. And there isn't a brand made of anything, that doesn't have an issue from time to time.

I think you have hit the nail on the head here, however it does not cause an issue with the M11Pro so it does come back to Ibasso's poor quality.

Jan 4, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #2,121 of 6,983
paul@iBasso

Are ibasso resolving the DX160 Bluetooth problem at production level. I would still like to get one but had to return 2 to my retailer. I would like to get one from batches that have resolved the problems of Bluetooth connection. Is it being resolved Paul?

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #2,123 of 6,983
paul@iBasso

Are ibasso resolving the DX160 Bluetooth problem at production level. I would still like to get one but had to return 2 to my retailer. I would like to get one from batches that have resolved the problems of Bluetooth connection. Is it being resolved Paul?

I am debating about returning mine as it is more than fulfilling my need and in every other way it has been great but the bluetooth is so bad that I would consider this a fault rather than a hindrance, not really acceptable.
I will decide what to do about it over the next few weeks , hey its under warranty so no rush but it shouldn't be happening.

Jan 4, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #2,124 of 6,983
I am debating about returning mine as it is more than fulfilling my need and in every other way it has been great but the bluetooth is so bad that I would consider this a fault rather than a hindrance, not really acceptable.
I will decide what to do about it over the next few weeks , hey its under warranty so no rush but it shouldn't be happening.

Hmzzz mine is on the way from China. Would be crappy if there is going to be a new batch with fixed BT. Although i won't use BT. But just for my own reassurance.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #2,125 of 6,983
I moved away from. FIIO BE

Hmzzz mine is on the way from China. Would be crappy if there is going to be a new batch with fixed BT. Although i won't use BT. But just for my own reassurance.
Indeed it would...it is a dilemma for me as honestly I think what you are getting audio wise for the cost is second to none but the bluetooth is really not acceptable on a dap of this price .....its not even acceptable on a 100 dollar or less device.

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #2,126 of 6,983
Indeed it would...it is a dilemma for me as honestly I think what you are getting audio wise for the cost is second to none but the bluetooth is really not acceptable on a dap of this price .....its not even acceptable on a 100 dollar or less device.

On the M9 it was also bad.... When I had the M9 in my backpocket BT signal dropped.

Jan 4, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #2,128 of 6,983
According to my measurements, power controller of DX160 tries to negotiate 9V and 1.5A or less from PD charger. It means, even 15W PD charger is enough, but only if it can provide 9V with required current. So, check the specs of your charger for 9V/1.5A (or more) capability.

The measurements were done using Baseus GaN 2xType-C/1xType-A 65W PD/QC charger purchased off AliExpress.

Jan 5, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #2,130 of 6,983
Just to check, if I buy a 160 from China directly I’ll see APKPure pre-installed alr?

and I would then be able to download Apple Music and QQ Music from there

that is correct. I have not checked Apple Music on Android market because I never used it though, but you could find everything on the Google Play store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back