iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 7, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #1,336 of 6,983
Regarding using bluetooth, I would recommend updating to the newest firmware before pairing up with your devices.

If you are having problems with older firmware, I suggest removing the device (in your bluetooth settings) and then update your DX16O firmware. After you do so, then do a fresh pair up with all your devices.

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #1,337 of 6,983
There is a button in the display settings of the DX160 that enables auto rotate and it plays full screen. I just looked at a music video of while my guitar gently weeps and another conversational video of my useless football team, and the lip sync seems perfect. Others can check this.
Are you saying the DX160 has a gyroscope that rotates the screen if you turn the device?

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #1,339 of 6,983
Yep. With auto-rotate on, just like on my Samsung S9+, the screen rotates. Also USB Audio Player Pro works (without the hardware volume).

Because I have a paid version of UAPP on my S9, when I downloaded it on Google Play, on the DX160, it was recognized and I did not need to pay again. That should show that Google Services are working fully.

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #1,340 of 6,983
Yep. With auto-rotate on, just like on my Samsung S9+, the screen rotates. Also USB Audio Player Pro works (without the hardware volume).
@Paul - iBasso can you confirm that the DX160 has a gyroscope for screen rotation? Do any of your other DAPs have this? And if it does, why is it not highlighted as a feature. It definitely would be unique among DAPs as fas as I know!

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #1,341 of 6,983
@Paul - iBasso can you confirm that the DX160 has a gyroscope for screen rotation? Do any of your other DAPs have this? And if it does, why is it not highlighted as a feature. It definitely would be unique among DAPs as fas as I know!
no, dx160 don't have gyroscope. only accelerometer sensor. I think auto rotate use thos accelerometer sensor

Nov 7, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #1,344 of 6,983
Thanks for the clarification. I know of no other DAP on the market with an accelerometer sensor so this would be a big deal!

I don't know whether it's a gyroscope or an accelerometer, but I can say that it 'empirically' rotates...and seems to sync correctly. Others check please?

You can install sensor box app to detect sensor. it's have only accelerometer, no Gyro. But it's enough, right.

Nov 7, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #1,345 of 6,983
It seems what we have with the DX160 now is Google Play/Services that has gone under the radar. So with the new iBasso firmware all those amazing live youtube videos, not available through Amazon, Tidal, or Spotify are there to be enjoyed. This added to just the best sound is amazing. Oh iBasso if only the Bluetooth worked well with receivers. Oh well I will use my Phone on my new LDAC iFi Zen Blue receiver coming via Amazon... today. Some of us still have HiFi. Maybe there will be a miracle and the iBasso signal will match well with the Zen Blue.

Nov 7, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #1,346 of 6,983
You can install sensor box app to detect sensor. it's have only accelerometer, no Gyro. But it's enough, right.
Just checked the R6 Pro with that app and it has no sensors at all - no accelerometer, no orientation sensor. So if the DX160 does have one or more of these, why is it not being flagged as a major feature? I think every DAP should now come standard with an orientation sensor and double-tap to wake feature.

Nov 7, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #1,348 of 6,983
IMG_20191107_203919.jpg
IMG_20191107_204120.jpg

Top is chrome.
Below is YouTube

Nov 7, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #1,350 of 6,983
That would be an ideal dap with user replaceable battery as I agree on the Sound of this Dap is excellent as is the screen.
The R5 was a bit small screen wise so if this new dap per say had a removable battery it may well have to keep same screen size.

Ibasso are you listening

Yes I have gotten used to the screen on this baby, the R5 screen is a little too small for my peepers. Maybe a 4 and a half inch screen that's borderless?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back