iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 6, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #1,321 of 6,983
It's a long one, but it covers a TON of info about DX160, including lots of pair up examples and comparison with many other DAPs. Enjoy the read!

ibasso_dx160-10.jpg

Nov 6, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #1,322 of 6,983
It's a long one, but it covers a TON of info about DX160, including lots of pair up examples and comparison with many other DAPs. Enjoy the read!

Let me get some coffee :D
Thanks for your efforts!!

Nov 6, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #1,323 of 6,983
Nov 6, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #1,324 of 6,983
Great review... I have read a few of yours since joining here! Am still deciding between this, and the soon (??) to be released Shanling M6. I'm kindda leaning towards this, ... mainly 'cos I can go and buy it today! :)

Nov 7, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #1,327 of 6,983
I put a 512 GB card into my DX160 with ~320 GB of music files on it. UAAP scanned and loaded all the file data in maybe 10 minutes or so.

I tried scanning in the card data in Mango Player and it still says scanning and 0% progress after an hour. Paul or anyone have any idea how long this should take to load the files into Mango Player?

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #1,330 of 6,983
But your comment make me curious, is it really dx160 can driver HD800s properly ?
By the way, is IEMatch change/affected the sound ?
Well, if the balanced output really does hit ~750mw/channel @32ohms, then yes, it should have enough power to drive the HD800 to very enjoyable levels. The R6 Pro definitely can, and that has a similar power rating to the DX160, albeit with different amps and a different design. Of course it won’t drive them as well as a dedicated desktop amp, but for casual listening it’s perfect.

As for IEMatch it doesn’t change the sound at all for me, just gives you far more play on the volume dial and all but eliminates any hiss or noise that was previously present. It really is a must have for ultra sensitive IEMs, even though I fail to understand why some expensive IEMs are so sensitive. I mean, who buys $1000+ IEMs to pair with a phone?

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #1,331 of 6,983
That would be cool, but honestly for the output power and sound after the latest vanilla update is really good. Charges fast also.

As I was telling my bud Superuser my dream dap would be a slightly smaller dap with this sound and a replaceable battery like dx90 had, oh and an updated soc :wink:

Something along the design and size of the new sony nwa 105 but with this wonderful ibasso sound and power. Maybe a replaceable battery would be too much with something that small.

Would be harder on me eyes too, but hey if I can dream. :wink:

That would be an ideal dap with user replaceable battery as I agree on the Sound of this Dap is excellent as is the screen.
The R5 was a bit small screen wise so if this new dap per say had a removable battery it may well have to keep same screen size.

Ibasso are you listening

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #1,332 of 6,983
That would be an ideal dap with user replaceable battery as I agree on the Sound of this Dap is excellent as is the screen.
The R5 was a bit small screen wise so if this new dap per say had a removable battery it may well have to keep same screen size.

Ibasso are you listening
The battery should easily last you 2-3 years without any issues. In this market, I can't imagine a DAP lasting that long without you wanting to upgrade.

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #1,333 of 6,983
I can confirm that Google Play does work via APK pure, but it must be with the new firmware working. YouTube works. For those who want YouTube on the previous firmware if you find a little APK called NewPipe (search on Google on the DX160 it is seperately downloadable ) it is a front end for YouTube that does not need Google Services.

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #1,334 of 6,983
I can confirm that Google Play does work via APK pure, but it must be with the new firmware working. YouTube works. For those who want YouTube on the previous firmware if you find a little APK called NewPipe (search on Google on the DX160 it is seperately downloadable ) it is a front end for YouTube that does not need Google Services.
How well does YouTube work on the DX160? Are there any voice sync issues? Does the screen rotate automatically on fullscreen playback, and rotate back on exit? One of my criticisms of the M11 was lip sync issues with YouTube and Plex that were never resolved (playing back through Chrome browser).

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #1,335 of 6,983
I just downloaded google play apk file from apkpure.com and installed it. that's it.

How well does YouTube work on the DX160? Are there any voice sync issues? Does the screen rotate automatically on fullscreen playback, and rotate back on exit? One of my criticisms of the M11 was lip sync issues with YouTube and Plex that were never resolved (playing back through Chrome browser).
There is a button in the display settings of the DX160 that enables auto rotate and it plays full screen. I just looked at a music video of while my guitar gently weeps and another conversational video of my useless football team, and the lip sync seems perfect. Others can check this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back