iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Aug 23, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #76 of 6,983
I understand the disappointment towards the SOC and I totally agree with you all, these days $100 mobile phone comes with better SOC than these DAPs.
I have been looking for an Android based DAP with EQ as good as Cowon/Lotoo. Is it too much to ask for a better EQ on a dedicated DAP. I really don't understand what these DAP makers are thinking.
If you volume match some of the very good sounding mobiles and mid range DAPs, the difference is really subtle.

Aug 23, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #77 of 6,983
I understand the disappointment towards the SOC and I totally agree with you all, these days $100 mobile phone comes with better SOC than these DAPs.
I have been looking for an Android based DAP with EQ as good as Cowon/Lotoo. Is it too much to ask for a better EQ on a dedicated DAP. I really don't understand what these DAP makers are thinking.
If you volume match some of the very good sounding mobiles and mid range DAPs, the difference is really subtle.

I'm not much of a one for EQ but as far as Android goes I've heard that Neutron is quite good for those who like to EQ.

Aug 25, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #79 of 6,983
Aug 25, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #83 of 6,983
This player looks gorgeous and I am a big fan of the DX220-esque huge screen with no bezel!
Black colour is my favourite :)
Thank you. In person it is even more beautiful. The speed of the OS is very fast and it has very good boot speed.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 25, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #84 of 6,983
Another plus is you will get to look at that gorgeous screen for ages while it boots :ksc75smile::beyersmile:
No, it doesn't take very long to boot. I am not sure where you got that impression, especially since there are none out for sale yet for for review.

Aug 25, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #86 of 6,983
He is joking Paul :) I don't know anything about DX160 but if it boots as fast as the DX150 it will be fast.

We do need to post something while we wait. We are waiting max here.. :)
I

I see. :^) But I do like the screen. I should also clarify, it is not lightening fast as it has to boot the Android system but once booted the screen action, response is very fast. We do the best we can and I truly think people are going to enjoy the DX160, even looking at the screen.

Aug 25, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #87 of 6,983
No, it doesn't take very long to boot. I am not sure where you got that impression, especially since there are none out for sale yet for for review.

Hi Paul, I'm going on the dx150, dx200, dx220 and as its using the same SOC? and OS as those?

I sold them all due to low cpu performance general laginess/random temporary freezing and slow bootup speed (android mode) The N6ii, M11, R6pro are booted and playing music while dx220 is half booted. (I guess the main competitor, the Hiby R5, will perform very similar to the R6pro)

Please correct me if I'm wrong about the same SOC and performance as the other ibasso daps.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #88 of 6,983
Exactly after having tried the dx220 and experiencing lag i dont understand how this will perform better with the same SoC!?

Edit: my question is who asked you to buy so many of those crappy rockchips?

Aug 25, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #89 of 6,983
Exactly after having tried the dx220 and experiencing lag i dont understand how this will perform better with the same SoC!?

Edit: my question is who asked you to buy so many of those crappy rockchips?
I use the DX220 every day, both with headphones and in my speaker system with line out and have zero issues. No lag, no poblems, nada.

Aug 25, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #90 of 6,983
I use the DX220 every day, both with headphones and in my speaker system with line out and have zero issues. No lag, no poblems, nada.
By lag i mean the slouchy UI experience...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back