iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Aug 20, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #61 of 6,983
I didn't really expect anything else when the expensive and huge DX220Max is using the same soc also lol but had a slight hope they would trial a new faster soc starting at the lower end.

Wow Ibasso is putting that chip in the MAX, too? That's is crazy. I prefer the Ibasso sound tuning, and I need a new DAP, but man this is disappointing.

Aug 20, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #62 of 6,983
Such ignorance is not bliss :D

Aug 21, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #66 of 6,983
Geez... tough crowd.

It’s got dual CS43198 chips, this is Cirrus Logic’s top chip, giving a crazy 130 dB SNR, single-ended and 4.4mm balanced out, Bluetooth with LDAC, USB DAC function, reasonable battery life for a DAP these days, up 6.2 Vrms power, large screen... all for 469 USD..

....and people are saying there’s no way they’ll buy it because the start-up is too slow (even though they haven’t had a chance to time it yet!), or because it’s “only” using the chip as their TOTL player, which is well-loved by many in the head-fi community.

Crazy.

I’m intrigued, but pity I’m not looking for a DAP at the moment as I’ve got a Plenue D2, which similarly has 130 dB SNR from dual Cirrus Logic chips.

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #68 of 6,983
Geez... tough crowd.

It’s got dual CS43198 chips, this is Cirrus Logic’s top chip, giving a crazy 130 dB SNR, single-ended and 4.4mm balanced out, Bluetooth with LDAC, USB DAC function, reasonable battery life for a DAP these days, up 6.2 Vrms power, large screen... all for 469 USD..

....and people are saying there’s no way they’ll buy it because the start-up is too slow (even though they haven’t had a chance to time it yet!), or because it’s “only” using the chip as their TOTL player, which is well-loved by many in the head-fi community.

Most of the time, those audible differences between DAPs (beyond higher power for more demanding headphones) are virtually negligible if you do a proper controlled A/B test.

Hence it is normal for people to worry more about having a good and fast user experience than having a SNR beyond the threshold of human listening, because today all those features that you comment (except perhaps the balanced 4.4 connection) are present in most economic DAPs, even those of $99.

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #69 of 6,983
Beuatiful looking device, but still it has android on it, i he ibasso will have a customized android player. like the one from opus or astell or cayin, not fully android. sideloading apk should only b just a feature. this will add elegance and uniqueness to show that this is a music player and not a smartphone to be.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #70 of 6,983
Whats the Battery Life with Balanced Mode?

Why can't company be like FiiO and release Parameters...:rolling_eyes:
There are a few variables. The load, the resolution/bit rate of what is being played, volume, screen use are among a few things that determine play time. We have the single ended play time, based on 16/44.1 listed, to give a basic idea of battery life.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 22, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #71 of 6,983
How does this compare to the DX220, outside of the interchangeable amp which I don't need?

Aug 22, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #73 of 6,983
:D im sorry im off topic :D

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #74 of 6,983
$469 ain't bad .. love my dx120 soundwise and performance wise. I'm not a big wifi or BT guy and don't want Android on my DAP but this has me changing my mind a bit.

Same here with my dx120...maybe I should have waited. There is only one SD card slot though so that's sort of a deal breaker. I wonder if it sounds better than the DX150.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back