iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Aug 16, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #31 of 6,983
Wait let me get this straight.... 4 more days for the launch and we don't even know which SoC it comes with.. either its a joke gone bad or iBasso has taken mysterious a little too seriously :D

Aug 18, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #32 of 6,983
giphy13.gif

Aug 19, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #36 of 6,983
Is there any official word on the price? Don’t really understand why Ibasso doesn’t just publish all the necessary info, such as price, soc, release date, all at once?
Because now it's all about building hype that is continuous. Blame our fellow humans for collectively deciding this is what works. If you release everything on one day now your competitor stays in the news longer and you get forgotten about.
I don't like it, it's not for me, but humans on average like it, so hence it's how we now get info.

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #37 of 6,983
Because now it's all about building hype that is continuous. Blame our fellow humans for collectively deciding this is what works. If you release everything on one day now your competitor stays in the news longer and you get forgotten about.
I don't like it, it's not for me, but humans on average like it, so hence it's how we now get info.

Maybe it is supposed to be hype. It’s a funny sort of hype to publish pictures, details of the dac and its specs, the headphones output specs, the os, but to leave out perhaps the most important bit of info for a new andriod dap, details of the soc? Seems nonsensical to me. I think hiby have done a much better job with their announcement of R5, all essential info has been published. Anyway, this is just my humble view.

Aug 20, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #38 of 6,983
I heard from the local dealer that DX160 is below DX150.
I was totally confused too.

I ve read DX160 will be 399 Dollar, DX150 is 499 Dollar. DX160 is a bit cheaper but has no interchangeable modules, SQ migth be on par or better than Stock DX150 (?). So maybe "below" is the wrong word here... .

I think information policy is very bad indeed!

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #39 of 6,983

"iBasso 艾巴索 DX160 HIFI 发烧 级 安卓 蓝牙 播放 器 解码 DSD 固 解 无损 音乐 便 载 式 式 色 【图片 价格 品牌 報价】 -Kyoto
iBasso has no international version on the farm, I think that there is no problem buying a Chinese version・
Let's wait (laughs)
SoC was not announced, but I saw a reply saying that it was RK3368 if I confirmed with the dealer"

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #40 of 6,983
RK 3368! Are they kidding?

Aug 20, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #43 of 6,983
RK 3368! Are they kidding?

Talk about ridiculous in 2019. I remain surprised that consumers will continue to support Ibasso when they keep using these terrible processers. If they like the architecture, at least help rockhip to engineer a new chip that can compete with the snapdragon 425 or exynos 7200.

Guess I am out of this one too. Arrrgggh!!

Aug 20, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #45 of 6,983
If it is really Rockchip it will be a tough choice for me. It was between this one and Hiby R5 for my next dap. I like the looks of the DX160 more but using Rockchip is :triportsad:.

I have no experience with how Hiby and iBasso handle fixes and (firmware)updates. That is also a factor in my choice. So i think i will wait a few months, read some reviews and user experiences before deciding and see how things play out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back