iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jun 6, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #3,841 of 6,983
For people on the fence about this device, just get it already!! I doubt anyone can complain about the spacious, dynamic and punchy SQ with excellent layering and a killer stage!! The reproduction of micro details are also top notch for a device at this price point. The wifi is not giving me any problems at all thankfully and i must confess i haven't tried out the BT, which i mostly avoid.

Jun 6, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #3,843 of 6,983
Hello
As for me, a sensational player, resolution, layers stacked on the software lurker00 mango os.
recommend
2019 version

Mango OS mode just brings out the details a lot more I've noticed. The various musical layers are also more obvious in this mode. The only downside is No MQA unfolding but the sound is def superior in Mango OS mode. Great job Lurker. Pairing is with ISN H40, I'm extremely happy with this setup.

Jun 6, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #3,844 of 6,983
Well, I gave it a try, read to the instructions carefully not to miss a step.
  1. Installed the rockchip drivers
  2. I am on the latest 1.05 Ibasso ROM
  3. downloaded the latest Lurker add-on
  4. Started the androidtool
  5. The DX160 was still off, not on power nor coupled to USB
  6. Held the play button and then attaching it to USB
  7. After a while the "No Device Found" changed to "Found ONE Loader Device" at the bottom for a couple of times back and forth, but it doesn't stay on "Found ONE Loader Device" long enough for me to loose the play button
  8. After 10 minutes my "play pushing finger" started to hurt so I had to let go :frowning2:
  9. Decoupled it from USB and tried to normally startup the DX160 but I had to do a hard reset to get it up and running again, so it did something
@Lurker0 I assume it has something to do with my USB port not fully recognizing the DX160? Can you please advise? Thanks.
you can actually remove your finger on the play button once "Found ONE Loader Device" have shows on the androidtool

Jun 6, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #3,845 of 6,983
I'm facing an issue with the hardware buttons while screen is off on mango player whereas it works flawlessly with UAPP.. anyone else..

Jun 6, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #3,847 of 6,983
the sound is def superior in Mango OS mode. Great job Lurker.
You think, better sound in Mango is Lurker's achievement? I kinda doubt that, actually, I can't see how sound can be noticeably better on the same device in different modes. What happens there in Mango mode that improves things? Perhaps it's just the placebo effect?

Jun 6, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #3,848 of 6,983
... The wifi is not giving me any problems at all thankfully and i must confess i haven't tried out the BT, which i mostly avoid.

Mine either, don't have a 2019 version to compare, but just realized that the problem when streaming msic was not a DX160 problem but the router/ISP problem.

Others users have also confirm that a new router with better range have also solved their issues, dispite range needs, may vary from user to user.

Don't have any complain about BT also with in-ear or sound speaker.

Jun 6, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #3,849 of 6,983
I have a similar issue. Pause always works to stop music, but sometimes not always, I have to use the screen to restart/unpause. I assumed it was a hardware issue.
Please set the screen time out to never (from the menu settings) then use the power button to turn the screen off. You should be able to use the buttons now.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 6, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #3,850 of 6,983
Some awards we just got.

11.jpg
22.jpg
33.jpg
44.jpg

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 7, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #3,852 of 6,983
you can actually remove your finger on the play button once "Found ONE Loader Device" have shows on the androidtool
No, I couldn't, it wasn't sticking to the "found ONE loader device" long enough, was due to the USB port/cable combination.
Back to a freshly installed standard iBasso ROM with Google Play, Neutron and Tidal and that is all I need.

Jun 7, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #3,853 of 6,983
Some awards we just got.

Congratulations and well deserved, can only speak of the DX160 but you and your team delivered a great sounding DAP, with only minor issues which should be able to be solved with a software update.

Jun 7, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #3,854 of 6,983
No, I couldn't, it wasn't sticking to the "found ONE loader device" long enough, was due to the USB port/cable combination.
Back to a freshly installed standard iBasso ROM with Google Play, Neutron and Tidal and that is all I need.
Installed from card or OTA?

Jun 7, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #3,855 of 6,983
A quick question, I've just got my dx160 today and playing a few songs through qobuz studio. I've noticed that dx160 won't play hi-res songs, just states cd quailty and 44.1khz. Settings are correct in the qobuz app, am I missing something? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back