iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jun 5, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #3,826 of 6,983
Even if you purchase the MQA add-on for UAPP, I read that it's only able to perform the first unfold process. So, that really doesn't sound too convincing. If I'm not mistaken, aren't we receiving the full unfold process through Mango using our DAP?
On UAPP I don't know, someone mentioned in the UAPP thread that using the MQA plugin unfolded to 176kHz, so this is a full unfold I assume :-$
Using the Mango player and Tidal via the Tidal app directly MQA fully unfolds indeed.

Jun 5, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #3,827 of 6,983
Finally
IMG_20200605_161342_604.jpg
IMG_20200605_152230.jpg

Thank you @Paul - iBasso

Jun 5, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #3,828 of 6,983
What is the thank you for, did you receive one for testing?
Noticing from the first photo you are running it in 720p, the lower buttons collide using UAPP
How is Neutron handling itself compared to UAPP and Mango, and are you using stock rom or with Lurker add-on?

Jun 5, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #3,829 of 6,983
What is the thank you for, did you receive one for testing?
Noticing from the first photo you are running it in 720p, the lower buttons collide using UAPP
How is Neutron handling itself compared to UAPP and Mango, and are you using stock rom or with Lurker add-on?
Thank you was for Paul having answered my endless questions since the release of the 2019 version. I bought this one from my local retailer. Yes running on 720p.
About the buttons overlap, the first time I used it they did indeed overlap but after exiting and opening again the overlap was gone. I always prefer UAPP and am more familiar with it's UI. The first time it was started it detected the internal DAC and a message popped up saying it would play using that. My apologies for not having used mango player extensively to comment on it. Neutron was just for testing if it worked.
Also downloaded a podcast app and heard an hour long Anjunabeats mix without any interruptions. Wifi though not the best still works pretty flawlessly for me.
Quick question:
Does the player come with screen protectors pre-applied or the ones in the box have to be applied?

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #3,830 of 6,983
Lurker add on is very easy to install. His instructions are very straight forward. Try and test it once you have time.
Well, I gave it a try, read to the instructions carefully not to miss a step.
  1. Installed the rockchip drivers
  2. I am on the latest 1.05 Ibasso ROM
  3. downloaded the latest Lurker add-on
  4. Started the androidtool
  5. The DX160 was still off, not on power nor coupled to USB
  6. Held the play button and then attaching it to USB
  7. After a while the "No Device Found" changed to "Found ONE Loader Device" at the bottom for a couple of times back and forth, but it doesn't stay on "Found ONE Loader Device" long enough for me to loose the play button
  8. After 10 minutes my "play pushing finger" started to hurt so I had to let go :frowning2:
  9. Decoupled it from USB and tried to normally startup the DX160 but I had to do a hard reset to get it up and running again, so it did something
@Lurker0 I assume it has something to do with my USB port not fully recognizing the DX160? Can you please advise? Thanks.

Jun 5, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #3,831 of 6,983
but it doesn't stay on "Found ONE Loader Device" long enough for me to loose the play button
Try another cable or/and USB port. If nothing helps, try bootable SD-card.

Jun 5, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #3,832 of 6,983
Thank you was for Paul having answered my endless questions since the release of the 2019 version. I bought this one from my local retailer. Yes running on 720p.
About the buttons overlap, the first time I used it they did indeed overlap but after exiting and opening again the overlap was gone. I always prefer UAPP and am more familiar with it's UI. The first time it was started it detected the internal DAC and a message popped up saying it would play using that. My apologies for not having used mango player extensively to comment on it. Neutron was just for testing if it worked.
Also downloaded a podcast app and heard an hour long Anjunabeats mix without any interruptions. Wifi though not the best still works pretty flawlessly for me.
Quick question:
Does the player come with screen protectors pre-applied or the ones in the box have to be applied?
Thanks, I believe UAPP is a good alternative for Mango, but still a bit confused why I should buy the extra MQA plugin to play Tidal Masters and local MQA files the way the should played.
Last time I used Neutron was on my Blackberry Z10, once I have the Lurker add-on working I might give it another run for his money, I am a sucker for graphic analyzers following the music.

You need to apply one of the two screensavers that come with the box. I tried and removed it again, I am not good at it and hate it when bubbles are showing underneath.

Jun 5, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #3,833 of 6,983
Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #3,835 of 6,983
Thanks, still some questions:
1. As suggested I disable google services via the USB Audio System Settings, but then Tidal started complaining it needed it to work properly, so enabled google services again but the google play store was gone from the start page and I can't seem to get it back again. It is still in the configuration/app overview as being present, with the disabled button greyed-out and according to APKPure it is installed as well, but when trying to open it from there nothing happens. A reset didn't work either.
2. I registered the device using google id a couple of hours ago, and when I go to that google page now I see the ID as being registererd, but within the USB Audio app it still says it is uncertified (4) instead of 5?
3. Can you confirm that the latest versions of UAPP don't need the USB Audio to run? It isn't fully clear to me reading to the instructions but either way starting UAPP first, and then the USB audio driver, or the other way around, UAPP comes back with error messages and won't play. Secondly UAPP notifies me that I don't need to fiddle with the HighRes settings in UAPP because it already has determined the DX160 has a capable DAC it can use natively. Hope this makes sense?

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #3,836 of 6,983
Thanks, still some questions:
1. As suggested I disable google services via the USB Audio System Settings, but then Tidal started complaining it needed it to work properly, so enabled google services again but the google play store was gone from the start page and I can't seem to get it back again. It is still in the configuration/app overview as being present, with the disabled button greyed-out and according to APKPure it is installed as well, but when trying to open it from there nothing happens. A reset didn't work either.
2. I registered the device using google id a couple of hours ago, and when I go to that google page now I see the ID as being registererd, but within the USB Audio app it still says it is uncertified (4) instead of 5?
Are you crazy?
Just engoy music man)))

Jun 5, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #3,837 of 6,983
As suggested I disable google services
Please search a while back for a post about Google Play Store installed before the add-on via APKPure. This is unsupported configuration.
SB Audio app it still says it is uncertified (4) instead of 5?
If it works, just use it. I can't check it myself because Google stopped banning my devices a long ago (I presume they've recognized my account as a developer).
Can you confirm that the latest versions of UAPP don't need the USB Audio to run?
I can't say more that I've already had written. If you don't believe me, just don't use it.

Jun 5, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #3,838 of 6,983
Are you crazy?
Just engoy music man)))
Maybe a little crazy but I try to understand what is happening under the hood as well. Following each step of Lurker's instructions going through all the pages on GitHub raises some questions. I can imagine it is almost impossible for Lurker to keep up with all changes on the player apps his mod is supporting, so I consider this being valuable feed-back, but I might be wrong. :wink:.
But rest assured, I can fiddle around and in parallel enjoy the music :) and type along on head-fi, multi tasking at its best.

Jun 5, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #3,839 of 6,983
Please search a while back for a post about Google Play Store installed before the add-on via APKPure. This is unsupported configuration.
If it works, just use it. I can't check it myself because Google stopped banning my devices a long ago (I presume they've recognized my account as a developer).
I can't say more that I've already had written. If you don't believe me, just don't use it.
Don't be offended, its not a matter of not beleiving you at all.
Like stated ^: I can imagine it is almost impossible for you to keep up with all changes on the player apps your mod is supporting, I am following the steps as published on GitHub so I consider this being valuable feed-back, but again, I might be wrong.

Jun 5, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #3,840 of 6,983

Users who are viewing this thread

Back