iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jun 3, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #3,796 of 6,983
i tried using a few usb c—usb a cables (including the cable it came with) on an older macbook pro and still didn’t work.
I have a 2015 Mac and it works fine. If trying to use as a DAC, are you changing the DX160 to DAC mode vs DAP in the advanced menu?

Jun 3, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #3,798 of 6,983
Ya then connecting directly to the macs usb port. Nothing comes up under audio output in system preferences. Assume there aren’t any drivers?
USB A to the USB C of the DX and no drivers but the DX160 has to be in DAC mode, if you are using it as a DAC. If you want to load files, you have to install Android File Transfer for Mac.

Jun 3, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #3,803 of 6,983
Jun 3, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #3,804 of 6,983
BTW guys, after having DX160 for 4 days now, I noticed 2 software glitches :-

1) the PLAY MODE button (eg. repeat track, list or shuffle) somewhere at the bottom of Playback Screen can only function once you've got the next track. Say while you are playing Track 1, tyou press button to Repeat 1 Track in order to listen to this particular track over & over again, this will only take effect after you reach Track 2.

2) the physical buttons (i.e. previous/repeat, play/pause, next) sometimes don't function (for both Mango and streaming app like Spotify) when the screen is turned off. To resolve this, you will need to re-start the DAP

Did any of you guys experience similar issues? Or other issues you may want to share?

There are just minor issues, I should think. Perhaps next firmware update will clear these software bugs, hopefully..

Thanx.

Jun 4, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #3,805 of 6,983

1) the PLAY MODE button (eg. repeat track, list or shuffle) somewhere at the bottom of Playback Screen can only function once you've got the next track. Say while you are playing Track 1, tyou press button to Repeat 1 Track in order to listen to this particular track over & over again, this will only take effect after you reach Track 2.

2) the physical buttons (i.e. previous/repeat, play/pause, next) sometimes don't function (for both Mango and streaming app like Spotify) when the screen is turned off. To resolve this, you will need to re-start the DAP

Did any of you guys experience similar issues? Or other issues you may want to share?

There are just minor issues, I should think. Perhaps next firmware update will clear these software bugs, hopefully..

Thanx.
I think you have to enable the buttons to keep working with screen off.Check your settings.

My Repeat 1 Track works fine.I don't have this issue.unless I misunderstood

Jun 4, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #3,806 of 6,983

Thanx.
1) I personally haven't had this problem. I've used the shuffle option without any issues, but can't speak on the repeat mode, I haven't used that one yet.

2) I actually have had this problem. Let's say earlier in the day I was streaming music from Tidal, then later on the day I decided to listen to music from my library. If the the screen was off and I decided to hit any of the buttons on the side of the DAP, it would start playing the last song I left off on Tidal from earlier. The only solution I found to solve this problem is to go under the Apps section in Settings, click on the app that is giving you a problem (for me it was Tidal) and click Force Stop. This seemed more convenient than having to restart the DAP.

Jun 4, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #3,808 of 6,983
It is anywane who can help me with parametric eq?
Mine don't work!
Thank you!
You need to tap the frequency text box, choose a frquency you want to alter and assign a value by ticking in the numbers, and apply. Hope this helps, I tried to change it by moving the dot around but that didn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back