iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Sep 23, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #346 of 2,153
Do you have it?
Almost on the verge of ordering it ... Just waiting for a few more reviews. I read Alex's and am impressed with what he has to say.

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #347 of 2,153
Almost on the verge of ordering it ... Just waiting for a few more reviews. I read Alex's and am impressed with what he has to say.

The only other DAP I have with 2 card slots is my Opus #1 which is much bulkier. This seems to be only a little bigger than my Cayin N3. As for sound I expect my music will sound like my music with any of them:) I don't a/b daps... or anything really. Would drive me crazy. I just want relax and enjoy my music. This DX120 just ticks a lot of boxes for me.

We should order on the same day and see who gets theirs first! :)

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #348 of 2,153
The only other DAP I have with 2 card slots is my Opus #1 which is much bulkier. This seems to be only a little bigger than my Cayin N3. As for sound I expect my music will sound like my music with any of them:) I don't a/b daps... or anything really. Would drive me crazy. I just want relax and enjoy my music. This DX120 just ticks a lot of boxes for me.

We should order on the same day and see who gets theirs first! :)
I was going to mention the 2 sd card slots too. Last time i had one was on the X5 III and i less i talk about that the better.
We should order at the same time. I reckon you're going to get it first through DHL as i will be ordering mine through registered post! :wink:

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #349 of 2,153
I was going to mention the 2 sd card slots too. Last time i had one was on the X5 III and i less i talk about that the better.
We should order at the same time. I reckon you're going to get it first through DHL as i will be ordering mine through registered post! :wink:

The thing that scares me about DHL is the customs fees and their 11 pound service charge:frowning2:

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #350 of 2,153
What happened lol

Sep 23, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #351 of 2,153
Sep 23, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #352 of 2,153
What happened lol

Well lets just say let bygones be bygones :)

Maybe it is already documented in the Fiio thread.... I don't think my husband uses his much anymore.. if at all. Other daps have arrived at our house since then. His most recent being the DX200 plus Amp8. Grrrrrr...

Sep 23, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #353 of 2,153
Well, sound wise the X5iii has really fallen behind with all these new daps raising the bar.

ibasso is really killing it :)

We already had the DX150 holding the $500 price/performance crown and now the DX120 will likely take the $300 price point crown too.

Sep 23, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #354 of 2,153
Unfortunately after updating my DX120 I seem to have a boot loop issue. When turning on I get the loading screens and then it just restarts.

Has anyone else had this issue and has been able to fix it? Trying to reinstall the firmware via the recovery menu doesn't help. The only thing I haven't tried is to pop the old firmware back on, but I cannot see a download for that.

For more info, I installed it via the readme instructions and it appeared to update fine. The only thing I noticed was something about trust.img or something when I was trying to update it again via the recovery menu which it couldn't find and so ignored it.

Sep 23, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #355 of 2,153
Turning on while charging is common with many daps and even smartphones. Unplug, turn on, then connect the charger.
I have finished charging Dap and disconnected it from power source. It will not turn on at all. I get the backlight only. I then hold the switch in for longer and the backlight goes off. Was working fine after I had updated to the new Firmware last night, used it for a few hours no problem. It appears I may have a faulty On/Off switch. I did appear to have this fault when I first received it, but it started to improve. I cannot turn the DAP on at all.

Sep 23, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #356 of 2,153
I have finished charging Dap and disconnected it from power source. It will not turn on at all. I get the backlight only. I then hold the switch in for longer and the backlight goes off. Was working fine after I had updated to the new Firmware last night, used it for a few hours no problem. It appears I may have a faulty On/Off switch. I did appear to have this fault when I first received it, but it started to improve. I cannot turn the DAP on at all.
Please email me. You may need to use the Batch Tool that is on the first page of the DX200 thread and a .img firmware, which I would need to send you. The Batch Tool is used on a PC and erases and totally reformats the DX. paul@ibasso.com

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 23, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #357 of 2,153
Please email me. You may need to use the Batch Tool that is on the first page of the DX200 thread and a .img firmware, which I would need to send you. The Batch Tool is used on a PC and erases and totally reformats the DX. paul@ibasso.com
I have sent you an email. I cannot find the Batch Tool you refer to. I have even Googled it , but the only source seems to be your facebook page, and As I am one of the few people that does not use Facebook, I cannot access it. Page 1 of the DX200 thread seems to be enormous and would take a good hour to search through. Does anyone have an easy source to the iBasso Batch Tool. I thank you in advance.

Sep 23, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #358 of 2,153

Attachments

• FactoryTool_v1.39_DX200.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back