iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Sep 23, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #362 of 2,153
Unfortunately after updating my DX120 I seem to have a boot loop issue. When turning on I get the loading screens and then it just restarts.

Has anyone else had this issue and has been able to fix it? Trying to reinstall the firmware via the recovery menu doesn't help. The only thing I haven't tried is to pop the old firmware back on, but I cannot see a download for that.

For more info, I installed it via the readme instructions and it appeared to update fine. The only thing I noticed was something about trust.img or something when I was trying to update it again via the recovery menu which it couldn't find and so ignored it.

Please email me. You may need to use the Batch Tool that is on the first page of the DX200 thread and a .img firmware, which I would need to send you. The Batch Tool is used on a PC and erases and totally reformats the DX. paul@ibasso.com

Would this help my issue as well?

Sep 23, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #363 of 2,153
Please email me. You may need to use the Batch Tool that is on the first page of the DX200 thread and a .img firmware, which I would need to send you. The Batch Tool is used on a PC and erases and totally reformats the DX. paul@ibasso.com
Pual, Are you going to send me a new .img firmware or do you want me to use the version you provided to everyone yesterday. If my problem was caused by the update, why did it function correctly last night? Was the problem caused when I tried to recharge the battery?

Sep 23, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #364 of 2,153
Pual, Are you going to send me a new .img firmware or do you want me to use the version you provided to everyone yesterday. If my problem was caused by the update, why did it function correctly last night? Was the problem caused when I tried to recharge the battery?
Please use the .img firmware downloaded and the batch tool. Please let me know if the problem persists.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 23, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #365 of 2,153
Please use the .img firmware downloaded and the batch tool. Please let me know if the problem persists.
I succesfully installed the Firmware and got it to work correctly at first, I then loaded my two new SD cards, and had trouble starting it. I got it to work eventually and it played music. I then closed it down, then turned it on, but it would not start at all. I have now taken my SD cards out as I cannot afford to lose any more SD cards. (These cards are Sandisk Ultra 400gB). The DAP will not turn on at all.

Sep 23, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #366 of 2,153
I succesfully installed the Firmware and got it to work correctly at first, I then loaded my two new SD cards, and had trouble starting it. I got it to work eventually and it played music. I then closed it down, then turned it on, but it would not start at all. I have now taken my SD cards out as I cannot afford to lose any more SD cards. (These cards are Sandisk Ultra 400gB). The DAP will not turn on at all.
I haven't lost any cards or data when doing any of the updates by the standard method of FW on a card or using the batch tool. Have you tried a factory reset? Did you use the batch tool or the firmware to a SD card method? I always do a factory reset.

Sep 23, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #367 of 2,153

Are these cards brand new out of the packet or have you used them before? If brand new they may be fake which could be causing you an issue.

Sep 23, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #368 of 2,153
I haven't lost any cards or data when doing any of the updates by the standard method of FW on a card or using the batch tool. Have you tried a factory reset? Did you use the batch tool or the firmware to a SD card method? I always do a factory reset.
The first action yesterday was using the SD card Method plus a factory rest. The second time was following Paul's instructions I used the Batch Tool and followed the instructions precisely although at the end of the procedure it never turned itself on. I mentioned the SD cards as I lost a 128Gb Card when I first took delivery of the DX120 not after the update. The loss of the card may not have anything to do with the DX120.
I have advised Paul and am awaiting his instructions.

Sep 23, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #369 of 2,153
Are these cards brand new out of the packet or have you used them before? If brand new they may be fake which could be causing you an issue.
I have tested the cards, they are not fakes and causing me an issue. These cards have been written virtually to capacity, and have been working fine to play my music. They were purchased from a reputable source and still work fine through my PC and Surface Laptop.

Sep 24, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #373 of 2,153
Formatted as FAT32 I assume, right?
exFAT is supported, and is preferred for modern cards. NTFS is supported as well, but is not recommended for SD-cards.

Sep 24, 2018 at 5:58 AM Post #374 of 2,153
Are there any Windows 10 users here? One time i got this error when saving music on Samsung Evo plus 256GB (2017 model) with card reader (SPU3AT3REDEL300W) https://www.silicon-power.com/web/product-Combo
"the volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid"

With copy speed, every other time it flat lines 90 MB/s or does this EKG thingie in slow speeds
Samsung Evo Plus 256GB 2017 The Original.png
Curious if the firmware update could be ruined by windows 10 driver issues, or the card writer issues?
I have not updated DX120 yet.

Sep 24, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #375 of 2,153
Are there any Windows 10 users here? One time i got this error when saving music on Samsung Evo plus 256GB (2017 model) with card reader (SPU3AT3REDEL300W) https://www.silicon-power.com/web/product-Combo
"the volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid"

With copy speed, every other time it flat lines 90 MB/s or does this EKG thingie in slow speeds

Curious if the firmware update could be ruined by windows 10 driver issues, or the card writer issues?
I have not updated DX120 yet.
I use Windows 10. I updated on Saturday night. Yesterday I lost everything and am waiting for Paul's comments. I used the Batch Tool and followed all the procedures. The one thing I did notice while carrying out the procedure is that the Driver options are only for Vista, Windows 7 & 8. No option for Windows 10, so I chose 8. It may be a Red Herring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back