iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Sep 22, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #331 of 2,153
As the manual is unavailable please could I ask if it is possible to create profiles for the eq I have different headphones for home and portable and find the portable headphones need a little eq but then have to cancel for the home headphones.

I have aDX50 with a D14 amp, would the DX120 be a big improvement in audio quality over this combo.

Thanks

Sep 22, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #332 of 2,153
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 22, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #333 of 2,153
DX120 new firmware.

Click on the above. Change log with the zip file.
I have created a "folder" on a spare Micro SD Card and placed .img into that folder. I presume that is what your instructions mean to be a "Root Folder"? I follow the rest of the instructions - Advanced - but the "system update Option" does not appear.
I am obviously doing something wrong. Perhaps someone could advise me.

Sep 22, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #334 of 2,153
I have created a "folder" on a spare Micro SD Card and placed .img into that folder. I presume that is what your instructions mean to be a "Root Folder"? I follow the rest of the instructions - Advanced - but the "system update Option" does not appear.
I am obviously doing something wrong. Perhaps someone could advise me.

The root means no folder at all. Do not put it inside any folder

...that is how all my daps are... I do not have this one yet

Sep 22, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #335 of 2,153
The root means no folder at all. Do not put it inside any folder

...that is how all my daps are... I do not have this one yet
Yes I have found that out. It found the file straight away after I took it out of the folder. The terminology is somewhat ambiguous stating "folder".
It is currently doing the firmware update.
Thank you for your assistance.

Sep 22, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #337 of 2,153
From iBasso Change log, improvements with this firmware:

1. Added folder play function.
2. Added the Button Settings function to reverse Next/Prev

ibasso_dx120-33.jpg

3. Shows the percentage of process when media scanning.
4. Improved support for CUE, the first half second of CUE (sound) now is played, and CUE can now be played without a full media scan.

As it was mentioned in Paul's post, there is a readme.txt file (change log) when you unzip the .img file. Readme file will have a change log and instructions how to update the firmware. It's important to put .img file on micro SD card #2, the one which is closer to the back. No need to create any sub-folders, just copy "update.img" file into the root of micro SD card#2, go to Settings -> Advanced -> System Update and click "Yes" to proceed.

After the update, I noticed the volume wheel graphics was part of the wallpaper and I had an issue scanning both cards together, only worked with one at a time, including song browsing only by directory. But everything gets fixed once you do Factory Reset.

So, right after you update the firmware, run Factory Reset, and everything is back to normal. Both cards scanned fast, My Music song browsing works fine, etc.

Sep 23, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #338 of 2,153

4. Improved support for CUE, the first half second of CUE (sound) now is played, and CUE can now be played without a full media scan.

As it was mentioned in Paul's post, there is a readme.txt file (change log) when you unzip the .img file. Readme file will have a change log and instructions how to update the firmware. It's important to put .img file on micro SD card #2, the one which is closer to the back. No need to create any sub-folders, just copy "update.img" file into the root of micro SD card#2, go to Settings -> Advanced -> System Update and click "Yes" to proceed.

After the update, I noticed the volume wheel graphics was part of the wallpaper and I had an issue scanning both cards together, only worked with one at a time, including song browsing only by directory. But everything gets fixed once you do Factory Reset.

So, right after you update the firmware, run Factory Reset, and everything is back to normal. Both cards scanned fast, My Music song browsing works fine, etc.
...thanks man for this indication!

Sep 23, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #339 of 2,153

I have updated the latest Firmware satisfactorily but I am still getting problems turning the DAP on. I get the backlight, but no opening dialogue, I then have to hold switch in as if to close it down, and then backlight goes off. Sometimes I have to try this several times before it comes on. Also is one unable to turn the DAP on while charging?
Other than this minor inconvenience, and raising volume higher than i did on my DX90 I find the DX120 a first class DAP.

Sep 23, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #340 of 2,153

Hahaha, I should have read Readme file to the end with fw update instructions where it says to do Factory reset and delete .img file manually afterwards :)

Sep 23, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #341 of 2,153
I have updated the latest Firmware satisfactorily but I am still getting problems turning the DAP on. I get the backlight, but no opening dialogue, I then have to hold switch in as if to close it down, and then backlight goes off. Sometimes I have to try this several times before it comes on. Also is one unable to turn the DAP on while charging?
Other than this minor inconvenience, and raising volume higher than i did on my DX90 I find the DX120 a first class DAP.

Turning on while charging is common with many daps and even smartphones. Unplug, turn on, then connect the charger.

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #343 of 2,153
I really should order mine this week. I wonder if it would come with the new firmware installed. If it doesn't I have already downloaded the new firmware. Always prepared. My iBasso IT01 is waiting for its new companion:)

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #344 of 2,153
I really should order mine this week. I wonder if it would come with the new firmware installed. If it doesn't I have already downloaded the new firmware. Always prepared. My iBasso IT01 is waiting for its new companion:)
Go get 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back