iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Dec 23, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #1,861 of 2,153
Thanks for your reponse. I will make further testing later.
I listen several times to the dx120 with my Earsonics VelvetV2 and I can't say if I like it or not.
Sometimes it greats on some tracks and poor or distrubing in another.
I want to know if Sound Mode and Filters are always available or it depends on the track format (Flac, Hi-res, DSD...). I don't hear any differences in sound mode and a little bit between some filters but not all.

thanks

I believe that filters have more to do with the type of music and mastering. The "sharp" versions go best with electronic / synth pop or music with digital sounds. The "Slow" versions go better with less digital instruments, guitars, drums, acoustic bass, vocals, pianos, etc. Personally I use the "Short Delay Slow" a lot for rock, alternative pop, r&b and disco because I feel the music sounds less compressed and more open. The "Super Slow" filter is interesting because it gives you a very full feeling of fullness, but the sound softens considerably, in fact I feel it works well with acoustic music, jazz and some blues.

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #1,862 of 2,153
Maybe I am not explaining enough. But sometimes, i love the sound. There are much details and a good spatialization, even if the soundstage is close.

Thanks JuanLuis. I will try yours settings. I listen mostly to rock punk metal

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #1,863 of 2,153
Maybe I am not explaining enough. But sometimes, i love the sound. There are much details and a good spatialization, even if the soundstage is close.

Thanks JuanLuis. I will try yours settings. I listen mostly to rock punk metal

What I always make sure when changing the filter or sound mode, is to hear a small "click" or "pop". In the case of filters, this "click" is most noticeable when you switch to "Super Slow", once there where you move it you must hear that "click" again. At least that way, I think the filter or mode has been changed correctly. Oh, and make sure you pause the music when you do this, and then restart the song again.

Regards!

Dec 27, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #1,865 of 2,153
Lately the battery lasts me very little, it spends between 5 and 6 hours. And I have dx120 since April. Is there a way to change the battery and buy one that is compatible?
My previous Cayin N3, I had it with me about 2 years, and the battery always remained healthy, lasted between 8 and 10 hours.

Regards,
Juan Luis.

Dec 27, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #1,866 of 2,153
Lately the battery lasts me very little, it spends between 5 and 6 hours. And I have dx120 since April. Is there a way to change the battery and buy one that is compatible?
My previous Cayin N3, I had it with me about 2 years, and the battery always remained healthy, lasted between 8 and 10 hours.

Regards,
Juan Luis.
The battery can be replaced but it requires taking off the back glass panel, which stays in place with a very tight fit. A suction cup, like one use for a smart phone is used. But putting it back on takes care because if you angle one side or corner by putting more pressure on it as you put the back, back on, it can crack. We can replace the battery for you. For that I would need you to email me. paul@ibasso.com

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 27, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #1,867 of 2,153
The battery can be replaced but it requires taking off the back glass panel, which stays in place with a very tight fit. A suction cup, like one use for a smart phone is used. But putting it back on takes care because if you angle one side or corner by putting more pressure on it as you put the back, back on, it can crack. We can replace the battery for you. For that I would need you to email me. paul@ibasso.com

Hi Paul, thanks for the help. I would really appreciate that you can send me a video tutorial on how to do it, since if I send my dx120, I don't have a replacement dap, and I have already had a similar experience with headphones, which came to me after 2 to 3 months since I sent them to be repaired.

Regards,
Juan Luis.

Dec 29, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #1,868 of 2,153
Hello,

I have the last firmware and made a factory reset and then several tests for USB Transport.

Usb cable with my mojo :
- dsd files are playing but have some pops repeated frequently.
- mp3 files or flac files dont play.

Coaxial cable with my iDSD micro black label :
- dsd files are playing but no sound or very distant sounds with much noise sound.
- flac files play correctly.

Usb cable with my iDSD micro black label :
- dsd files are playing but no sound or brievly at the first second of the track.
- flac files are playing but have some "pops" repeatly.

Does someone have the same issue ?
Do I have to change the firmware to a previous firmware or the lurker firmware ?

I like the DX120 but I want a full device thaht could make everything or near (cause no stremaing service and bluetooth but I don't mind LOL).
I already contact Paul and Lurker but need some advice and users experience here. Thanks

Jan 13, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #1,872 of 2,153
JuanLouis91: Still having the problem. I'm charging it right now using a different charger to see what happens next.
Im having the same problem with the battery now where it drops extremely fast :frowning2:. I charge the player than turn it on a day or two later and I already lost 20%. I typically don’t quick charge either, I’ve been gentle on the battery. I’ve actually taken the back glass off once before and cracked it, @Paul, is there any way you can post a video of re-installing the back glass similar to the one created for disassembly? I’m considering sending the unit back for a replacement battery, unfortunately DHL charges a lot for customs fees.

Jan 14, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #1,873 of 2,153
Im having the same problem with the battery now where it drops extremely fast :frowning2:. I charge the player than turn it on a day or two later and I already lost 20%. I typically don’t quick charge either, I’ve been gentle on the battery. I’ve actually taken the back glass off once before and cracked it, @Paul, is there any way you can post a video of re-installing the back glass similar to the one created for disassembly? I’m considering sending the unit back for a replacement battery, unfortunately DHL charges a lot for customs fees.
Please contact me at paul@ibasso.com and I will see what I can do. We don't have a video but even pressure with one end in place first, normally gets the job done. Let me know what country you are in, in the email. Oh, it appears you are in Canada.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 14, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #1,874 of 2,153
Please contact me at paul@ibasso.com and I will see what I can do. We don't have a video but even pressure with one end in place first, normally gets the job done. Let me know what country you are in, in the email. Oh, it appears you are in Canada.

Apparently, the battery is a critical issue in this product. It would not be a bad idea that you can make a turorial video for us teaching how to replace the battery. In the same way, tell us what battery we need.

Jan 14, 2020 at 2:46 AM Post #1,875 of 2,153
Apparently, the battery is a critical issue in this product. It would not be a bad idea that you can make a turorial video for us teaching how to replace the battery. In the same way, tell us what battery we need.
It does seem to be an issue for some (including myself). I love this DAP but most of the time I use something else because of the extra-long charging time and erratic battery life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back