iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Nov 22, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #931 of 2,153
I noticed when i turn my ibasso dx120 on there are these 2 small light blotches at the bottom edge of the screen(black startup background makes it noticeable). If i stare hard enough on the bottom when a song is playing(using a default wallpaper) i can see'm. Anybody else have this, or just me?
My DX120 has on the bottom of the screen very little light leakage, is this what you are seeing?

Nov 22, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #932 of 2,153
Has anyone had a chance to compare the ibasso dx120 and the opus #1s. I saw twister6 mention this comparison on his website (Thanks twister6 for the great resource). But as usual curious if there's anyone else who has heard both.

Twister said the ibasso is more powerful, but the Opus 1s specs seem to state it has higher voltage output, at least on single ended, which seems to be much higher than the dx120. I'm hoping to use with hifiman ananda, so the more power the better.The Ananda are slightly treble sensitive (7-8k) so I'd like something that pairs well overall.

I just ordered my dx120, and am waiting on shipment, but as we've all experienced just 2nd guessing my choice a bit. Mainly between Opus #1s and dx120, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Anyways, thank you all for the opinions, reviews and updates, this thread has been a great read so far!

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #935 of 2,153
Guys,

any idea if the DX120 will be available somewhere with black friday discount? Cannot find anything on the net so far and I am really interested to buy one now, but do not want to throw away money.
Thanks in advance for any leads!

Nov 23, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #936 of 2,153
Has anyone had a chance to compare the ibasso dx120 and the opus #1s. I saw twister6 mention this comparison on his website (Thanks twister6 for the great resource). But as usual curious if there's anyone else who has heard both.

Twister said the ibasso is more powerful, but the Opus 1s specs seem to state it has higher voltage output, at least on single ended, which seems to be much higher than the dx120. I'm hoping to use with hifiman ananda, so the more power the better.The Ananda are slightly treble sensitive (7-8k) so I'd like something that pairs well overall.

I just ordered my dx120, and am waiting on shipment, but as we've all experienced just 2nd guessing my choice a bit. Mainly between Opus #1s and dx120, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Anyways, thank you all for the opinions, reviews and updates, this thread has been a great read so far!
Do you plan on using this SE or balanced? Both are fine DAP's with a focus on sound quality and not a large feature set.

Nov 23, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #937 of 2,153
Guys,

any idea if the DX120 will be available somewhere with black friday discount? Cannot find anything on the net so far and I am really interested to buy one now, but do not want to throw away money.

I don't think so, since DX120 was just released very recently :)

Nov 23, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #938 of 2,153
Do you plan on using this SE or balanced? Both are fine DAP's with a focus on sound quality and not a large feature set.

Only have a single ended cable at the moment, but I plan on ordering a balanced 2.5mm cable to utilize the extra power.
Good point, I'm sure either one will be a good upgrade over the galaxy s8 I've been using.

Nov 24, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #941 of 2,153
Guys,

Amp3 has it out of stock, they will have it available on Dec 7th.
You can preorder and if you use code 15BLACK you will have it for 212 £ . If you are in EU you will have to add shipping. I have just tried and code works!

Nov 25, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #942 of 2,153
Hi, i have been using various firmwares and my experience is:

1. Stock seems fine
2. Lurker fine although there is screen lag when displaying artists and for some reason one of two of the artist folders do not contain any tracks which is strange as they exist and are playable from the sd card (using the pc)
3, Fidelizer - i had real issues with this, I tried a couple of times, it installed and the fidelizer screen appeared and then everything went blank and the dx120 did not respond to the keys, i could not make it work, eventually after worry and sweating a bit (in case i really had bricked it) i managed to reinstall the lurker firmware - i did restore to factory on all installations of firmware. I did email about this but have had no response. I do use Fidelizer on my Fiio X7 completely successfully so i am bemused with this on the dx120.

I just wondered if anyone had had similar experiences?

d

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #943 of 2,153
2. Lurker fine although there is screen lag when displaying artists and for some reason one of two of the artist folders do not contain any tracks which is strange as they exist and are playable form the sd card (using the pc)

I have seen this with a few albums with the current stock firmware. The tracks do exist and I can play the albums on the player using directory view.

Nov 25, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #944 of 2,153
Hi, i have been using various firmwares and my experience is:

1. Stock seems fine
2. Lurker fine although there is screen lag when displaying artists and for some reason one of two of the artist folders do not contain any tracks which is strange as they exist and are playable from the sd card (using the pc)
3, Fidelizer - i had real issues with this, I tried a couple of times, it installed and the fidelizer screen appeared and then everything went blank and the dx120 did not respond to the keys, i could not make it work, eventually after worry and sweating a bit (in case i really had bricked it) i managed to reinstall the lurker firmware - i did restore to factory on all installations of firmware. I did email about this but have had no response. I do use Fidelizer on my Fiio X7 completely successfully so i am bemused with this on the dx120.

I just wondered if anyone had had similar experiences?

d

I'm sorry to hear this issue is happening with your DX120 device. I checked spam folder occasionally with Fidelizer but sometimes I also miss some too. I found your message now and I'm sorry I couldn't respond sooner.

Could you try flashing stock firmware then flash Purist ROM again? If you have boot issues, please try accessing recovery menu and perform factory reset in case there's database inconsistency.

I'll prepare another firmware soon in case the problem happened from similar case with DX100. Stay tuned. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Nov 25, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #945 of 2,153
Uh oh, line out still has noise when starting/stopping a file...

Thanks for the warning. It would be interesting to see what iBasso has to say about this. If it's a hardware issue then this DAP would be a no go for me as I like to use line out to a hi-fi or powered speakers...So It would be good if iBasso could confirm if it's a software issue that is curable....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back