1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 31, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108
Next

Last
  1. Eddy Flycatcher
    I am using the Fiio X5 (not ii!) because the iBasso broke down (they are sending me a new one) I use both with an Meier Symphony amp via coax out. First things I noticed when returning to my old X5 is the prolonged battery life, second I noticed the much faster scan of the 2 cards in the X5! Perhaps it's all down to the fact that my DX120 was faulty, I hope so, I will find out as soon as the new one arrives.

2. trivium911
    Nothing on the sound that you notice? Of course the x5ii sounds different than the original so it's not a direct comparison. I never bother with scanning as I just use folder mode. Can't stand using genre or artist mode as I have full albums, imagine all the one off artists from a big shiny tunes album rather than just one album. Plus you have to organize it on your computer already, fixing id3 tags is another step.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  3. Keko123
    Hi all,

I like use my ibasso dx120 as storage device, and connect it to other dap with USB type c input (Shanling M0) for send audio with LDAC to my Bluetooth headphones and speaker.

Where can I buy one type-c type-c USB otg cable? I can't found one.

This not say otg :

https://www.amazon.es/AmazonBasics-Cable-USB-tipo-Blanco/dp/B01LONPUM4?th=1&psc=1

Regards!!

4. Lurker0
    There is no such a cable. With USB Type-C, devices should negotiate themselves.

5. Keko123
  6. Keko123
    USB output is available or unavailable?

7. Paul - iBasso
    That was a misstatement on my part. It has the OTG and support for the digital output.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
    Dobrescu George likes this.
  8. Mephisto26
    A blue DX 120 should be on its way to me by tomorrow. I hope that it is as good as this thread has me believing.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  9. Giambuca
    Sorry folks,

I find hard to understand the OTG thing.

Could I use my Android phone as a source (via USB connection)?
    Would the DX120 be powerful enough to drive the Sennheiser HD660S through balanced output, using a 4.4->2.5 connector?

10. Dramlin
    I haven't been able to get USB out to work on any device despite it being in the firmware notes. I think the handshake process is broken.

11. varun24
    my DX120 used to take 2-3 hours to get fully charged but since the day i updated its firmware it is taking more than 8-9 now with the same charger. is anyone facing the same issue?

12. crabdog
    Mine does weird things too. Takes forever to charge lately.

13. Paul - iBasso
    Please be sure you are using a quick charger. We have had a few cases of this and it was the charger.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
  14. Keko123
    Hi, I try to use my DX120 connected to other DAP as dac via USB. It plays well 24 bits files, but when I play 16 bits files DX120 it blocks. I only can play 24 bits files. Does anybody know why?

If iuse my Galaxy S8 play 16 bits without problems

IMG_20190531_213911.jpg

Thanks!!

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  15. expatriot
    Just received my DX120 2 days ago and love it. For my needs it surpasses my Cowon J3, Fiio X5iii, and Fiio M7. So far I have not noted any problems. Tonight I will monitor the charging time, using a new Qualcomm Quick Charger.

icefalkon likes this.
First

Back
88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108
Next

Last