iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Nov 16, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #871 of 2,153
Is there a way to prevent ibasso dx120 from taking charge of my phone that is used as digital source with otg?

Nov 16, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #872 of 2,153
Is there a way to prevent ibasso dx120 from taking charge of my phone that is used as digital source with otg?
I'm not sure there is anything you could do with the player, as it probably set up generically in a way to have a computer charge it while using it as a DAC. The only thing I can think of would be to somehow modify the cable, but I don't know enough about how OTG works, or the DAC, to say if this is advisable.

I think informing Paul of your request may be the easiest way to get this implemented; as long as there is not some hardware requirement for the DAC to receive current in, I don't see why they couldn't come up with an OTG mode.

Attachments

• Aovh5.png
    Aovh5.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #873 of 2,153
I think I have a screw rattling as well... could it hurt something? Does it mean that whatever has the screw loose is not working properly? What was the screw meant to be screwed into?
Did you get your's up and working yet?

Mine was always up and working... just had that loose screw rattling and I was worried that something bad would happen. We had to order that suction cup that is pictured in the video before we could get the back off. When we had that, it was still hard work to get the back off... very tight. Once the back was open there were two tiny screws rolling around in there. Putting it back together was difficult as well.. you have to be careful not to dislodge the connector for the buttons.

That is correct, the version above (and also the one I received below) will be finalized with one large opening between 3.5mm and 2.5mm ports to allow balanced cable plugs (without a step collar at the base of the connector) to go in all the way.

I am surprised they did not make one in brown. I have the brown DX120. A brown leather would complement it but it has to be a nice neutral brown.. not a yellowish one. I hope they add one.

Nov 16, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #874 of 2,153
Now that it's burned in, I must say I am very impressed by the DX120, quite a marvellous little device :D

I didn't find this in the manual, but any key combo to lock/unlock the keys?
Would that be part of a future firmware update @Paul - iBasso?

Nov 16, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #875 of 2,153
Now that it's burned in, I must say I am very impressed by the DX120, quite a marvellous little device :D

Actually, there is! Hold down the play button on the right side until it locks. Then when you want to unlock, you have to swipe the screen.

Nov 16, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #876 of 2,153

I would like to be able to lock the keys. It is a little difficult to pick up the device without touching the keys. One night I thought I was burning in some iems but I had accidentally paused it while setting it down... found out in the morning.

Nov 16, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #877 of 2,153
Actually, there is! Hold down the play button on the right side until it locks. Then when you want to unlock, you have to swipe the screen.

thanks.. I made my post before seeing your reply. How did you know about this?

Nov 16, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #878 of 2,153

Great thank you sir! :thumbsup:

Nov 16, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #879 of 2,153
The sound setting are done by the chip manufacture. We do not have control over the change, if there is one or isn't one. I have a hard time hearing much of a change.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 16, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #880 of 2,153
The sound setting are done by the chip manufacture. We do not have control over the change, if there is one or isn't one. I have a hard time hearing much of a change.

Yeah we agree and that's what I supposed as well (that it was chip related), it's pretty telling that AK don't advertise the sound modes... placebo stuff it would seem...

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #882 of 2,153
By accident! I was trying to fast forward, but I was pushing the play button instead of the fast forward. BAM! Locked!

This should be in the manual...

Nov 16, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #883 of 2,153
This should be in the manual...

Yes, and also the fact that the wallpaper folder has to have a small w... and it is impossible to do that while it is in the player or in my case even a card reader. I had to make the folder on the PC and then copy it to the card. Weird.

Nov 16, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #884 of 2,153
Yes, and also the fact that the wallpaper folder has to have a small w... and it is impossible to do that while it is in the player or in my case even a card reader. I had to make the folder on the PC and then copy it to the card. Weird.

Well I am glad we have you to dig this little but important details!
Kudos :)

Nov 16, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #885 of 2,153

Users who are viewing this thread

Back