1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 31, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
Next

Last
  1. vadimkolchev
    Is there a way to prevent ibasso dx120 from taking charge of my phone that is used as digital source with otg?

2. XBTed
    I'm not sure there is anything you could do with the player, as it probably set up generically in a way to have a computer charge it while using it as a DAC. The only thing I can think of would be to somehow modify the cable, but I don't know enough about how OTG works, or the DAC, to say if this is advisable.

I think informing Paul of your request may be the easiest way to get this implemented; as long as there is not some hardware requirement for the DAC to receive current in, I don't see why they couldn't come up with an OTG mode.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  3. mbwilson111
    Mine was always up and working... just had that loose screw rattling and I was worried that something bad would happen. We had to order that suction cup that is pictured in the video before we could get the back off. When we had that, it was still hard work to get the back off... very tight. Once the back was open there were two tiny screws rolling around in there. Putting it back together was difficult as well.. you have to be careful not to dislodge the connector for the buttons.

I am surprised they did not make one in brown. I have the brown DX120. A brown leather would complement it but it has to be a nice neutral brown.. not a yellowish one. I hope they add one.

4. davidmolliere
    Now that it's burned in, I must say I am very impressed by the DX120, quite a marvellous little device :D

I didn't find this in the manual, but any key combo to lock/unlock the keys?
    Would that be part of a future firmware update @Paul - iBasso?

5. XBTed
    Actually, there is! Hold down the play button on the right side until it locks. Then when you want to unlock, you have to swipe the screen.

mbwilson111 and davidmolliere like this.
  6. mbwilson111
    I would like to be able to lock the keys. It is a little difficult to pick up the device without touching the keys. One night I thought I was burning in some iems but I had accidentally paused it while setting it down... found out in the morning.

7. mbwilson111
    thanks.. I made my post before seeing your reply. How did you know about this?

8. davidmolliere
    Great thank you sir! :thumbsup:

9. Paul - iBasso
    The sound setting are done by the chip manufacture. We do not have control over the change, if there is one or isn't one. I have a hard time hearing much of a change.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
    davidmolliere and mbwilson111 like this.
  10. davidmolliere
    Yeah we agree and that's what I supposed as well (that it was chip related), it's pretty telling that AK don't advertise the sound modes... placebo stuff it would seem...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  11. XBTed
    By accident! I was trying to fast forward, but I was pushing the play button instead of the fast forward. BAM! Locked!

mbwilson111 and davidmolliere like this.
  12. davidmolliere
    This should be in the manual...

mbwilson111 likes this.
  13. mbwilson111
    Yes, and also the fact that the wallpaper folder has to have a small w... and it is impossible to do that while it is in the player or in my case even a card reader. I had to make the folder on the PC and then copy it to the card. Weird.

davidmolliere likes this.
  14. davidmolliere
    Well I am glad we have you to dig this little but important details!
    Kudos :)

15. mbwilson111
    Actually it was @hansuhumpty who worked that one out.

First

Back
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
Next

Last