iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Mar 1, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #1,219 of 2,153
Anyone curious how DX120 performs when measured, head over to ASR. Measurements look good except of a sharp roll-off starting at 1Khz in Frequency Response.

Apparently it's a bug that could be fixed.

"Hello,
Please set the filter to Super slow roll off before using the DAC mode. It is a bug on the XMOS firmware. Sorry about that. We will correct it on the next firmware update.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio"

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #1,220 of 2,153
Hey, could you send me a link to the one you bought? Many thanks
upload_2019-3-1_15-21-18.png

https://www.russandrews.com/minilink-cable-with-right-angle-mini-jacks/

all the best, hope this helps although i imagine any similar one would work.

d

Mar 2, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #1,227 of 2,153
Mar 7, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #1,229 of 2,153
Who sells this DAP in the USA? I’ve been looking but can’t find it. I know Penon sells it but they are in China and I would like to have a more local dealer just in case warranty issues arise.

Hi @silverfishla,

I would suggest just buy direct from iBasso.

At least in the highly unlikely event something happens, you have better customer service & coverage than Amazon, support wise as they would still have to send it back.
Sometimes whatever they have in stock at the nearest Amazon depot may not be kept in the best condition, etc.

@Paul - ibasso is amazingly helpful so there is no real need to worry if you need help with your future unit.

Hope you have a great day !

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #1,230 of 2,153
Okay, I'm having a battery drain problem or this player is guzzling power at high rates.
I'm on firmware v2.4.56 and playing FLACs at volume 45. I've charged the battery with my Samsung smartphone charger to get a faster charge.
It takes about 1 hour to get 70% then 1 more hour for 100%. Charging though my computer takes betweek 7 and 8 hours.
I'm now on my second album and have played music for about 1 hr 45 minutes.
The charge is now down to 73%.
What gives?
The battery is supposed to give me at least 10 hrs of FLAC playback according to all reviews I've read.
If this goes on, I'll only be able to play music for max 7 hours per charge.
Any ideas?
I'm listening to both earphones (1more Triple Driver and AKG N40) and PSB M4U 1 so they aren't power hungry phones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back