iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Jan 20, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #1,081 of 2,153
I'm starting to like my dx120, but there's one thing making it almost impossible.
When I connect dx120 to my android phone (via usb cable), dx120 will drain (like really fast) my phones battery by charging dx120 internal one.
I would be very useful feature to disable usb charging in dac mode (as an option in the settings).

Will iBasso consider adding that option in new/next firmware?
I have the DX120 and it will scan even a 400gb card pretty fast. It also picks up most all albums and there a few null, that need retagging. Maybe check your tagging and I would reload the firmware and then do a factory reset.

Jan 20, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #1,082 of 2,153
All my tags have been checked and all files are checked in Foobar's Exact Audio Rip, I have reloaded the firmware 2 times already and ofcourse done several factory resets. I have just 1 null album and that is because I left off the artist on that one. I just finished scanning the 2 cards it took 1 hour!

Jan 20, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #1,083 of 2,153
All my tags have been checked and all files are checked in Foobar's Exact Audio Rip, I have reloaded the firmware 2 times already and ofcourse done several factory resets. I have just 1 null album and that is because I left off the artist on that one. I just finished scanning the 2 cards it took 1 hour!
How many files are there on the two cards?

Jan 23, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #1,085 of 2,153
I have a question, I'm coming from a Fiio X5 (first gen.) and because I use it as a transport (coax out) the battery last a lot longer (not using the DAC or Amp) but that doesn't seem to make much difference on the iBasso...

Jan 24, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #1,087 of 2,153
Ther is a pop sometimes when starting a new album after I listened to one. Strange is when I look at the lights on my DAC they turn off after an album is finished, on the Fiio X% the lights remain on until I shut it off completely. After I have listened to an album the lights on the DAC go out and there is a faint crackling noise, not in between tracks.

Jan 24, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #1,088 of 2,153
I have the DX120 and it will scan even a 400gb card pretty fast. It also picks up most all albums and there a few null, that need retagging. Maybe check your tagging and I would reload the firmware and then do a factory reset.

Hey man long time,hope you're doing
well,in Alaska if i remember correctly.Would you consider DX120 an upgrade to DX90,i'm assuming it has the bigger sounstage from what i'm reading but what about other sound aspects,like tonality,detail and bass.I think it would pair great with CA Atlas as it does with dx90 although the soundstage width could be better.

Jan 24, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #1,089 of 2,153
I have finished charging Dap and disconnected it from power source. It will not turn on at all. I get the backlight only. I then hold the switch in for longer and the backlight goes off. Was working fine after I had updated to the new Firmware last night, used it for a few hours no problem. It appears I may have a faulty On/Off switch. I did appear to have this fault when I first received it, but it started to improve. I cannot turn the DAP on at all.

I'm really happy to read this, because I have exactly the same problem and getting very frustrated with this issue. Sometime I can power on the DX120 without no problems, but very often I cannot turn the DAP on at all. The backlight is switched on for few seconds and after this the unit gets powered off. Because of this issue the DX120 is still unusable for me.

What about the Batch/Factory Tool that Paul recommended? Did that help you with the problem??
I use firmware 2.2.42 and I have the problem is usually after loading the battery or otherwise when I powered it off over the night (for 6-8 hours).

Any help is much appreciated!

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #1,090 of 2,153
I'm really happy to read this, because I have exactly the same problem and getting very frustrated with this issue. Sometime I can power on the DX120 without no problems, but very often I cannot turn the DAP on at all. The backlight is switched on for few seconds and after this the unit gets powered off. Because of this issue the DX120 is still unusable for me.

What about the Batch/Factory Tool that Paul recommended? Did that help you with the problem??
I use firmware 2.2.42 and I have the problem is usually after loading the battery or otherwise when I powered it off over the night (for 6-8 hours).

Paul asked me to return it to iBasso, which I did, and they replaced it straight away. I have had the replacement a few months now, and have had no problems. superb DAP.

Jan 24, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #1,092 of 2,153

If this persists please contact me at paul@ibasso.com and I will get this corrected for you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 24, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #1,094 of 2,153
New firmware 2.3.53 :)

1. Supports USB OTG audio output and supports up to DSD64 via DoP.
2. Improved DXD support.
3. Allows slide operation when the title, album name, or artist name are too long to be displayed all at once on the main screen.
4. Improved the thumbnail icon display speed of the album view.
5. Improved the "Added" sorting function of the All Music view.
6. Rectified the bug that some special characters were displayed as bold.
7. Allows adjustment of the line out volume.
8. Improved the CUE support.
9. Improved the display speed with a large library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back