iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Feb 6, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #10,426 of 13,503
Quote:
Battery is going pretty quickly. Down to 15 % after a few hours (some of that with HD files).

That could be why my DX100 drains faster than some of the others reported here. I have more 24/192 than 16/44.1 on mine. On average my DX100 lasts 4.5 hrs however reading here, some owners get 7-8 hrs. Definitely not what I'm getting but I never bothered to ask what sampling rate their files are.

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #10,427 of 13,503
Oh definitely, Battery drainage and Hi Rez files.....

I cannot use the DX100 in the summer here, not as a portable with it in my pocket anyway. When playing Hi Rez files it gets so HOT, that it becomes quite uncomfortable!

I only have Hi Rez files on my DX100 and Redbook on SD cards...

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #10,428 of 13,503
Quote:

That could be why my DX100 drains faster than some of the others reported here. I have more 24/192 than 16/44.1 on mine. On average my DX100 lasts 4.5 hrs however reading here, some owners get 7-8 hrs. Definitely not what I'm getting but I never bothered to ask what sampling rate their files are.

Oh, HD file playback definately  drains batteries faster. That's due to the larger file sizes and the higher load on the processor. 

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #10,432 of 13,503
Quote:
I never counted precisely. What do you mean manage ?

Well usually on a new battery, use it to full drain then give it a good 8 hours charge. then once a month, give it a full drain and an 8 hours charge, Try and avoid using it to below 15% as most batteries counts this as a full drain.....

This advice was passed on by a owner of a battery manufacturer.

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #10,434 of 13,503
Quote:
Hi again. I've switched headphones to a Sony 7506, and the player does sound better. Still not up to my expectations from what I read in this forum, but it is better than what I initially experienced. I was using AT ES10, so I'm guessing the player doesn't pair well with those. It's on the warmer side of neutral to my ears, and doesn't sound as good as the Studio Anniversary player, which has grown on me. When I said I was expecting a sound akin to the headphone output of a cd player, I was thinking of something like the Nakamichi players used to demo CD's in my local cd store.
Still can't find the cue sheet function. Still no truly gapless play. While there is no audible gap between the songs, it's not a smooth transition, not with the stock player anyway. This is evident when listening to mixed dance music where the ear is sensitive to the smallest of timing irregularities.To get truly gapless I'm using Gonemad, which does true gapless, and I'm using Andless, which supports cue sheets, and therefore truly gapless play from a single file. 

PS- maybe my idea of good sound has more to do with my personal taste than what is generally accepted as being good sound (which is a pretty subjective quality anyway). 

You should also try FW 1.2.7.  When I 'upgraded' from 1.2.7 to 1.3.5 the sound quality when using with my AKG K3003's went downhill for me, vocals sounded like they were just on the point of clipping and this made me roll back to 1.2.7 which is a perfect match for me.  Worth a try.  Note that whenever you change FW it s a good idea to do a reset from the settings menu (does not wipe your music)

Also, as others have stated in this thread, there is no real WOW factor to this DAP.  The sound it produces is exquisite, just spend some time with it, you'll see.

Feb 6, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #10,435 of 13,503
Hey guys

i have found a Workaround (you can also look at it as a solution :) ) for the popping issue.
Jus't don't use the button on the left, use the Volume buttons for your first contact with the
DX100 and your ears will thank you :)

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #10,437 of 13,503
Thx! Downloading now :D.

4:41 a.m.

P.S. If this works well, I'm beginning to see a trend of stable and unstable revision versions :wink:...1.1.7, 1.2.7, 1.3.7??

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #10,439 of 13,503
So far, no music pauses despite the screen going to sleep.

I'm still having a problem with the widget (that displays albums, artists, etc.) that whenever I play Adele's Set Fire To The Rain, it loves to jump to Phantom Of The Opera instead. Playing from the actual Music Player is not an issue...only via the widget. I didn't think Adele was that bad to cause it to skip.

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #10,440 of 13,503
I went back to 1.2.7. I much prefer the sound, focus, bass and layering. It does gapless for me and works just fine so I am happy. With 1.2.7 I can mentally see deep into a good recording and there is excellent decay to the notes. Also, there is very good transparency and a black background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back