iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Sep 18, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #7,892 of 13,503
I tried again inserting a flash drive into my OTG cable and searched around using the ES File Explorer app. I found the drive inside the "udisk" folder where I can see all the files on the drive. I haven't yet tried to play music from that or move files to the sd card. At least I can confirm that an external USB drive does show using the OTG cable. As I can get about all the music I want on the player and sd card, I don't have much incentive to use the cable and external USB drive for additional storage.

The OTG cables are very inexpensive, less than $10, IIRC.

Sep 18, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #7,893 of 13,503
Quote:
OTG = On-The-Go and specifically for USB.

As for the Hub, it would have to be externally powered as you really don't want the DX100 powering the hub but unfortunatly that defeats the purpose.

The HDD is no different than flash as it is presented in the same context from a hardware perspective.

ie meaning if you have a 3tb drive... it should work. Issue will be power. Flash can run off usb power with no issue. Magnetic drives..not so much

Quote:
I tried again inserting a flash drive into my OTG cable and searched around using the ES File Explorer app. I found the drive inside the "udisk" folder where I can see all the files on the drive. I haven't yet tried to play music from that or move files to the sd card. At least I can confirm that an external USB drive does show using the OTG cable. As I can get about all the music I want on the player and sd card, I don't have much incentive to use the cable and external USB drive for additional storage.
The OTG cables are very inexpensive, less than $10, IIRC.

im almost certain if you see them you will be able to play them

Its not so much the price for me but access to them , i dont have a credit card ne more
i dont drive and am presently about a 40 min + drive from some what of a city .Where
so far best buy nor futureshop have these items . so when i do get one i need to be
certain its going to work

Cheers mates

Quote:
OTG = On-The-Go and specifically for USB.

As for the Hub, it would have to be externally powered as you really don't want the DX100 powering the hub but unfortunatly that defeats the purpose.

The HDD is no different than flash as it is presented in the same context from a hardware perspective.

ie meaning if you have a 3tb drive... it should work. Issue will be power. Flash can run off usb power with no issue. Magnetic drives..not so much

Owch never thought of that. Man the battery in this thing is weak enough w/out powering
an external device LOL i wonder if such a battery is/will ever be upgradable ?

Sep 18, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #7,896 of 13,503
Quote:
we can prolly upgrade it but you need to remove the back plate because the battery might not fit haha

Has ne one tried to upgrade the battery yet ? im dumb as a stump at this stuff , but i can wait till someone brighter
does it and then i can read a how to do pretty good lol

Seems here in my area all i can find to use micro usb is a 2 ended female usb adapter . If i ran micro usb into
dx100 and male end to one end of adaptet then plugged a flash drive into other end would i have a working
solution to not being able to find a true micro usb OTG in my area ?

im still not understanding what the difference may be if any

Cheers

Sep 19, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #7,899 of 13,503
Quote:
lol.

now you are on the NSA's watch list for that idea :wink:

edit: Drat! Now I am on the list for responding.
edit2: Drat drat!! Now everyone that opens this page is on the list!!!

I see nothing, I know nothing. . . 

edit: I realize that may be a foregone conclusion. 

Sep 19, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #7,900 of 13,503
Quote:
 i wonder if such a battery is/will ever be upgradable ?

The battery, I believe, is made for the DX100. As they get nano tubes able to be used in batteries, the current reserve should be at least 10 fold over current batteries. But maybe by the time they get nan tubes to that point, something else will come along. 

Nanotube information: Here

Sep 19, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #7,902 of 13,503
Quote:
Anyone has a measurement of the battery thickness?

being Lipo, finding a suitable fit should be easy.

Perhaps a phone battery of say like a samsung S3? (depending on voltage of course).

Don't have thickness. Have voltage though. Also despite being a 2x4.2V cell, there's no harness cable for balanced charging 
blink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/592076/ibasso-dx100-true-24-bit-for-bit-reviews-impressions-apps-imgs-video-pg-1-in-stock/5430#post_8342134

Sep 19, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #7,903 of 13,503
Quote:

Don't have thickness. Have voltage though. Also despite being a 2x4.2V cell, there's no harness cable for balanced charging 
blink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/592076/ibasso-dx100-true-24-bit-for-bit-reviews-impressions-apps-imgs-video-pg-1-in-stock/5430#post_8342134

8.4V

MaH is known?

The good news is that 8.4v is standard in the RC world. The issue will be the MaH needed and correct dimensions. As you mentioned in your threads.. most l-po go by the 3.7v.

something like this (too thick of course but).

http://www.amazon.com/Racers-Edge-5200mAh-Saddle-Battery/dp/B005OKY1NS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1348080962&sr=8-5&keywords=Traxxas+Lipo+Battery+8.4v

or

http://www.bbmbattery.com/214-conventional-li-polymer-cell

that config though is only gfood for 7.4v.. 1V short of ther 8.4

airsoft also uses LiPo now also

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #7,904 of 13,503
Quote:
8.4V

MaH is known?

The good news is that 8.4v is standard in the RC world. The issue will be the MaH needed.

mAh was given by iBasso to me on e-mail - 2400mAh. Note though 8.4V at least to my knowledge, is quite non-standard for the Lipo world. Consumer Lipo cells are in multiples of 3.7V. Having said that, none of my Lipo cells were every accurately in 3.7V multiples. At least in Tokyo most of the RC stuff are Lipos or LifePO4 which puts them into the 3.7V and 3.3V respectively although older NiMH/NiCad 1.2V cell multiples do still exist.

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #7,905 of 13,503
Quote:

mAh was given by iBasso to me on e-mail - 2400mAh. Note though 8.4V at least to my knowledge, is quite non-standard for the Lipo world. Consumer Lipo cells are in multiples of 3.7V. Having said that, none of my Lipo cells were every accurately in 3.7V multiples. At least in Tokyo most of the RC stuff are Lipos or LifePO4 which puts them into the 3.7V and 3.3V respectively although older NiMH/NiCad 1.2V cell multiples do still exist.

edit:  iBasso site puts it at 2000 mAh

3.7v/2000 mAh x 2 (series).

the bbmbattery has each at

4.8mm thickness assuming the right thickness. 60mm W x 65mm L

there is a 3800mAh battery that is 4.9mm thick.. the other dimensions are 66mm W x 100mm H.

under high temp apps

there is a 5000 mAh 3.7

8.9mm thick, 64mm W x 73.4mm L

looking at all the lipo.. apparently with the blaancer in place, they can be charged to 4.2v without an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back