iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Sep 17, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #7,876 of 13,503
Quote:
That is what Ibasso wrote in a mail they sent me, that they are not aware of any issues, and that they are not working on any updates.

If true this would be especially frustrating as I am having plenty of problems with the 1.1.7 firmware, and I'm reluctant to try the 1.2.3 due to other problems reported.  I find the 1.1.7 especially sluggish and navigation is difficult on some of the functions.  MP3's don't report properly and are often missing the album art that shows properly in every other program.  I encounter occasional crashes and lots of hangups that take an extended amount of time to resolve.  All of this is holding back a great device as I have no complaints on the sound.  

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #7,877 of 13,503
Quote:
That is what Ibasso wrote in a mail they sent me, that they are not aware of any issues, and that they are not working on any updates.
It was indeed mentioned, somewhere in the first pages of the thread. But if I remember correctly it never happened, it was just an idea someone posted.
Cheers to you too!

Tnx mate

You may be right

But in my fading memory i recall a pic of how it was done or a link to a product

im still browsing

Cheers

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #7,878 of 13,503
Tnx mate

You may be right

But in my fading memory i recall a pic of how it was done or a link to a product

im still browsing

Cheers

I have a micro USB to USB adapter that, when inserted into the DX100 port with a flash drive installed, shows "preparing usb mass storage" however the flash drive capacity is not shown in the Storage menu and there is no way that I have found to display the contents of a card using the DX100. I don't remember if this adapter was discussed on this thread or somewhere in a tablet forum.

Sep 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #7,879 of 13,503
Quote:

If true this would be especially frustrating as I am having plenty of problems with the 1.1.7 firmware, and I'm reluctant to try the 1.2.3 due to other problems reported.  I find the 1.1.7 especially sluggish and navigation is difficult on some of the functions.  MP3's don't report properly and are often missing the album art that shows properly in every other program.  I encounter occasional crashes and lots of hangups that take an extended amount of time to resolve.  All of this is holding back a great device as I have no complaints on the sound.  

Have you tried resetting the DX100? I have never done this, as I haven't needed to but some have with success. A factory reset. Sorry for your problems. 

Sep 18, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #7,881 of 13,503
Quote:

Your tags are off wolfen68. Provide me with a screen shot of your tags in MP3tag and I'll point out what you've got wrong. I have no problems with my few mp3s on my player and all the album art shows up properly along with my tag information. My unit also isn't sluggish. Its take just slightly under a minute to load up and I'm ready to go. I tend to end all processes but the music player and android keyboard. I actually found my unit more sluggish on 1.2.3 and it took longer to boot up as well.

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #7,883 of 13,503
Quote:
I have a micro USB to USB adapter that, when inserted into the DX100 port with a flash drive installed, shows "preparing usb mass storage" however the flash drive capacity is not shown in the Storage menu and there is no way that I have found to display the contents of a card using the DX100. I don't remember if this adapter was discussed on this thread or somewhere in a tablet forum.

Thanks mate

I see Townes had his adapter working .id like to get my mitts on that exact one he has since they  may  not all
work from your experience . What a monster we d all have with this much storage

Quote:

Thanks for the links mate
i got some reading to do

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #7,884 of 13,503
Quote:
Thanks mate

I see Townes had his adapter working .id like to get my mitts on that exact one he has since they  may  not all
work from your experience . What a monster we d all have with this much storage

Thanks for the links mate
i got some reading to do

PS

i have a Notion ink tablet , maybe 2 yrs old i forget

It is also android , tho obv. older version .It has same micro usb port
for hook to pc tasks etc...and i can plug in maybe a 1 or 2 TB HDD
to it and it will read all files

i have some hope

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #7,885 of 13,503
Quote:
PS

i have a Notion ink tablet , maybe 2 yrs old i forget

It is also android , tho obv. older version .It has same micro usb port
for hook to pc tasks etc...and i can plug in maybe a 1 or 2 TB HDD
to it and it will read all files

i have some hope

Just got a reply from Ibasso ) they do more oft than not reply in minutes)

They inform me a OTG cable connected to DX100 will work (what i wonder is does it have
to be an OTG cable . Is OTG a specific brand/model ? )

They also say

"You can use reader, adapter, harddisk... on the other end.
You can use it after the DX100 booted."

Damn if it really works from a HDD i may have mis spent lotsa pesos on a King rex
which i bought to play from my larger storage HDDs

Sep 18, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #7,888 of 13,503
Quote:
You might want to type OTG in Wikipedia, and find out the acronym isn't for a brand.

Thanks mate

Iit doesnt seem to be a brand from what i read on wiki.im excited to expand this way .
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go

Picked up this cable on ebay and works with a flash drive, Have not tried a HD

Hey mate does this cable imply any sort of OTG name/label ?

Ibasso said it can support a HDD . I asked about a hub support on this OTG cable ,they were
uncertain .They say it depends on android 2.3 support . Are any gurus reading this able to shed some
light on this ?

Cheers

Sep 18, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #7,890 of 13,503
Quote:
Thanks mate

Iit doesnt seem to be a brand from what i read on wiki.im excited to expand this way .
Hey mate does this cable imply any sort of OTG name/label ?

Ibasso said it can support a HDD . I asked about a hub support on this OTG cable ,they were
uncertain .They say it depends on android 2.3 support . Are any gurus reading this able to shed some
light on this ?

Cheers

OTG = On-The-Go and specifically for USB.

As for the Hub, it would have to be externally powered as you really don't want the DX100 powering the hub but unfortunatly that defeats the purpose.

The HDD is no different than flash as it is presented in the same context from a hardware perspective.

ie meaning if you have a 3tb drive... it should work. Issue will be power. Flash can run off usb power with no issue. Magnetic drives..not so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back