iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 30, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #7,621 of 13,503
Quote:

If you guys are serious about the case, you can PM me and I can try my best but no guarantees. I don't know if the retailers buy matching number of cases for HDP-R10's (i.e. not expecting DX100's to buy the lot). Also probably not the most cheapest silicone cases in the world $25.50/case before shipping even. NB: I'll be checking buyer's trading status.

@spkrs01: I'll let you know after today's use if I have a melted silicone in my pocket after today's use :D.

Anyway, more pix :-

I have to say, aesthetically, it is very nice and at the same time alleviating the everyday problems of dings and scratches.

Look forward to thoughts!!! Thank you......

Aug 31, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #7,622 of 13,503
So far despite the heat, the silicone case hasn't gotten gummy. It'll protect simple scratches, etc but don't expect it to protect dings. As you can see the pix I put above with the DX100 on the silicone case, it's very flexible. I have analogies which can't be mentioned publicly on a forum with under-aged readers.

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #7,624 of 13,503

I've decided to buy this unit as well but before I need to know which are the best suggestions from you for using this DAP.

I mean if it's better to install some apps on it, which may be the best case for it (yeah, I've read about the HDP-R10, but is it really the best solution?) and all things that may be useful for me to know. I've read something in this thread, but not everything since 509 pgs are quite too much..

For what I was knowing, this DAP cannot be used as a DAC in any way and there is not a work-around for it, is still like this? I know that this DAP give it's best with high impedance headphones, but for what I know is still a great improvement even if used with a good pair of IEMs, am I right?

So, really looking forward to your replies :)

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #7,625 of 13,503
You can install apps but it will slow the player down. You are better off just using it as a dedicated DAP (Lossless music is the best) and minimizing any running processes to save battery life and ensure a more smooth experience. You cannot use the player as a dedicated DAC. But you can use its line out and use the DAC that way to pair with an external amp if you wish. You also have the option to bypass both the amp and DAC section by using the Coaxil and Optical outs thus using it as a transport. This unit does have great potential when powering full-size headphones but that doesn't mean it's not suited to Sensitive IEMs. It has low output impedance and should pair nicely with most IEMs. I use it exclusively with IEMs BTW. I don't have full-size cans, I sold them to buy a Custom IEM.

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #7,626 of 13,503
I find it does better with my IEMs than my 300ohm HD650's 
happy_face1.gif

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #7,627 of 13,503
Do we have to do a factory reset everytime we update a newer version of software? And if we do,do we transfer all our songs elsewhere before doing a reset? Currently I'm using the 1.1.7 version,felt that the SQ is wonderful already... Is it better to upgrade to version 1.2.3 from the previous version?

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #7,630 of 13,503
Quote:
Do we have to do a factory reset everytime we update a newer version of software? And if we do,do we transfer all our songs elsewhere before doing a reset? Currently I'm using the 1.1.7 version,felt that the SQ is wonderful already... Is it better to upgrade to version 1.2.3 from the previous version?

You should not have to do a factory reset. I prefer the sound of the firmware you are using. I went to 1.2 and then reverted. 

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #7,631 of 13,503
Quote:
You can install apps but it will slow the player down. You are better off just using it as a dedicated DAP (Lossless music is the best) and minimizing any running processes to save battery life and ensure a more smooth experience. You cannot use the player as a dedicated DAC. But you can use its line out and use the DAC that way to pair with an external amp if you wish. You also have the option to bypass both the amp and DAC section by using the Coaxil and Optical outs thus using it as a transport. This unit does have great potential when powering full-size headphones but that doesn't mean it's not suited to Sensitive IEMs. It has low output impedance and should pair nicely with most IEMs. I use it exclusively with IEMs BTW. I don't have full-size cans, I sold them to buy a Custom IEM.

Ok, but, for what I've understood, since it has a line out and not a line in, I cannot use it as DAC for my crappy notebook sound card, but only for outputting its sound on another device; or I've missed something? No, that this is a major problem, since actually I'm more interested in this DAP than in a dedicated DAC..

Quote:
I find it does better with my IEMs than my 300ohm HD650's 
happy_face1.gif

I hope it will do the same for my UM3X :)

Aug 31, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #7,632 of 13,503
Ok, but, for what I've understood, since it has a line out and not a line in, I cannot use it as DAC for my crappy notebook sound card, but only for outputting its sound on another device; or I've missed something? No, that this is a major problem, since actually I'm more interested in this DAP than in a dedicated DAC..

I hope it will do the same for my UM3X :)

You are correct, you cannot use the DX100 as a replacement DAC for your computer soundcard.

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #7,635 of 13,503
Excuse me if this isn't the proper place to ask this question - I know that this thread is huge and this issue has been addressed within the thread but with no definitve answer that I can see.  But my issue is flac files being played out of order.  These are flac files purchased through HD Tracks (the only files the I've seen this issue).  As per suggestions earlier in this thread, I used CopyInOrder.exe to perform the copy to the DX100.  I also don't see a problem with the tagging that might be problematic.  The files are named with a numeric prefix (00, 01, etc.) hoping that might help but to no avail.  Interestingly, the problem doesn't occur accessing and playing the files through the "Directory" tab - which I believe I saw mentioned somewhere.  But it would be nice to be able to play the files from say the "Albums" tab. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back