iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 28, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #3,001 of 13,503

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #3,002 of 13,503

Quote:
I'm finding the DX100 too slow to use as a jukebox - both PowerAmp & stock player. I think I'll need to keep the iBasso as purely a lossless player whilst the rest of my AAC & lossy for the iPhone. Guess I'm already carrying two devices.

Is it an issue of the CPU being too slow? Or did you mean its not easy and takes too long to search you through your music collection? I hope this isn't a chronic problem with this player.

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #3,003 of 13,503
When I was looking at the DX100 battery level and what was draining the DX100 the most was the display. So everytime I go to change the volume i have to turn on the display. Also I do not know how to add tracks to my favorite so I do not have to search through the folders for each song.

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #3,004 of 13,503

Quote:
That's got to be too good to be true! I can't wait to get it then, I was expecting it at least to be around $80!
That's fantastic!! I like that the buttons are in the front, no need to activate screen, unlock, swipe, then click next song!! Did you design that yourself? I'm taking that its just a theme on top of the existing DX100 music player app? :D!

No this is not the LOCK SCREEN...this is the home screen. So still need to unlock first! the app for the buttons is called    "Media Buttons"  there is also a fast fwd and fast reverse buttons that I don't use. It is a theme, but I chose a black background from an app called    "Colours"

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #3,005 of 13,503

Quote:

You are killing me......
bigsmile_face.gif
 thanks very much!!!

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #3,006 of 13,503
I DID PROMISE NO MORE PICTURES but this one is well worth it
wink_face.gif

That's better
bigsmile_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Got it to show ALBUM ART on the STOCK PLAYER
ksc75smile.gif
 plus the picture is in the correct orientation
blink.gif

Loving the iBasso DX100 even more!!!

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #3,008 of 13,503

Quote:
Is it an issue of the CPU being too slow? Or did you mean its not easy and takes too long to search you through your music collection? I hope this isn't a chronic problem with this player.

IMHO, the CPU is too slow to go through, sort, search my 6600+ songs. I've moved them from the SD card to the internal memory but improvement isn't that big. It's not a chronic problem with the player - happens on Poweramp too. Unfortunately I don't know what CPU is in this device - nor have found any system info apps that can tell me (yet!).

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #3,009 of 13,503

Quote:
I DID PROMISE NO MORE PICTURES but this one is well worth it
wink_face.gif

Got it to show ALBUM ART on the STOCK PLAYER
ksc75smile.gif
 plus the picture is in the correct orientation
blink.gif

Loving the iBasso DX100 even more!!!

Now you just have to spell 'Tables' right on the song file and you'll be set. 
wink_face.gif
 Does anyone know if adding cover.jpg to a folder with .wav's will show album art. I haven't really used .wav files before but know that the tagging on them is less than stellar haha.

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #3,010 of 13,503
When I was looking at the DX100 battery level and what was draining the DX100 the most was the display. So everytime I go to change the volume i have to turn on the display. Also I do not know how to add tracks to my favorite so I do not have to search through the folders for each song.

Press and hold on the "Now Playing" selection (shown on one page to the right) and a dropdown menu will provide an option for saving it to favorites or playlist.

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #3,011 of 13,503

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #3,012 of 13,503

Quote:
According to one guy on erji.net, he gotten these info from iBasso's customer service.

has 32GB internal storage, accepts 32 GB mini SD (or should it be micro?), has coaxial, optical and normal line out. Supports WIFI and has 1.2 GHz CPU. Playing time longer than 10 hours. 

Quote:
IMHO, the CPU is too slow to go through, sort, search my 6600+ songs. I've moved them from the SD card to the internal memory but improvement isn't that big. It's not a chronic problem with the player - happens on Poweramp too. Unfortunately I don't know what CPU is in this device - nor have found any system info apps that can tell me (yet!).

That's a real shame, although I can't imagine why a 1.2GHz chip couldn't handle such basic functionality on something like the DX100 (while the ESS9018 is busy doing all the DAC tasks). I wonder why that's so. Something really isn't streamlined properly in there. Perhaps an the DX100 is not indexing songs as some other members had alluded to in earlier posts?

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #3,014 of 13,503

d/L the app   "cover art downloader"...this is the best one.

Run it, and it get as many of the album art as possible. If you tagged well, it will get them all. 

The missing ones you get manually by typing the information. Make sure it is clear. If there are still missing album art. Then d/l pictures from the internet and use the app to choose album art from gallery........

PM me if you need more help!!!!!

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #3,015 of 13,503
Quote:

That's a real shame, although I can't imagine why a 1.2GHz chip couldn't handle such basic functionality on something like the DX100 (while the ESS9018 is busy doing all the DAC tasks). I wonder why that's so. Something really isn't streamlined properly in there. Perhaps an the DX100 is not indexing songs as some other members had alluded to in earlier posts?

Nevermind the CPU speed- the iBasso webpage says -64gb ONBOARD FLASH-

I sincerely hope iBasso are honoring that. I didn't pay $765 for a 32gb flac player...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back