iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 28, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #2,986 of 13,503

Quote:
I received an e-mail from iBasso (very promptly considering how busy they are!) saying that my order is expected to ship next Tuesday. I pre-ordered on Feb. 15th.

I, for one, don't mind waiting in the least. They are extremely busy, and it seems like they're doing a very good job handling their orders in spite of it. Props to iBasso.

Congrats MuppetFace, we need more people like yourself here. But please be prepared for a very very long wait........

Mar 28, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #2,987 of 13,503

Yes, Yes

Quote:
Thanks mate, really appreciate the review, now its stuck for custom clearance, and cant wait to do an AB test. I will be using  flac files on both with Power-amp. and then the stock player from each DAP to see if there is any difference (flac vs atrac lossless) with tracks I know. The Z can drive my HE-500m but its missing the prat factor, clear but dull and would have preferred the...sorry wrong thread.
biggrin.gif
 I wonder If Jude (Head-fi) got the DX100 for a run , as this thread was almost always on top of Head-fi. I think we should ask Jude for his opinion, what do you think guys/girls.

Yes agree with you.I would like to see Jude On Head-Fi TV talking about iBasso Dx100, and see hear his opinion on HE500,ATH-W3000ANV, HD650/800 or any other flagship headphone out there paired with DX100.

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #2,989 of 13,503

Quote:
Hello,

I get my DX100 too. One quick question: How can i quit open application?

Just use back button, not worth quitting apps, as they will just re open in the background, unless you root the device, and I have no idea how to. All these management apps supposedly controlling apps end up using more battery than they are worth!!!

Are you planning to install lots of apps???

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #2,990 of 13,503

Quote:

Just use back button, not worth quitting apps, as they will just re open in the background, unless you root the device, and I have no idea how to. All these management apps supposedly controlling apps end up using more battery than they are worth!!!

Are you planning to install lots of apps???

No, just a few. I asked it for long battery time. Thanks for answering

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #2,991 of 13,503
To all with ID-tag problems and Album art!
Due to my experience with Chinese DAPS, I found that these players although were unable to read either the tags or album covers with flac files, "ape" was the solution.It always worked with ape files for me.
Please may someone convert his flac file to ape (normal compression) preserving his tag and album art, and see if this fixes the problem.  

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #2,992 of 13,503
Ouch, thanks for the head up, will try it now.......!!!

Quote:
To all with ID-tag problems and Album art!
Due to my experience with Chinese DAPS, I found that these players although were unable to read either the tags or album covers with flac files, "ape" was the solution.It always worked with ape files for me.
Please may someone convert his flac file to ape (normal compression) preserving his tag and album art, and see if this fixes the problem.  

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #2,993 of 13,503

Quote:
Ouch, thanks for the head up, will try it now.......!!!

Hope this works, fingers crossed..... please make sure that the tags are still attached as some converters remove the included tag, esp. album art covers.

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #2,994 of 13,503
Sorry, it doesn't work!! 

Tried it with a cover.jpg attached and without....
frown.gif

The pictures shows up on my Laptop music player....so nothing done wrong there.

Android is supposedly very friendly towards FLAC so album art was never implemented by iBasso...maybe an update at a later stage 

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #2,995 of 13,503

Quote:
Sorry, it doesn't work!! 

Tried it with a cover.jpg attached and without....
frown.gif

The pictures shows up on my Laptop music player....so nothing done wrong there.

Android is supposedly very friendly towards FLAC so album art was never implemented by iBasso...maybe an update at a later stage 

Thanks, and sorry. Strangely in my Note the flac shows Album art !!!! and it is built on Gingerbread. 

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #2,996 of 13,503
No, just a few. I asked it for long battery time. Thanks for answering

You can improve battery run time by turning off Wi-Fi and then unchecking "Background Data" which is found in the Android settings menu under "Accounts and Sync". (These need to be turned back on in order to access the Android Market, now called "Play Store"). Further savings will be realized by turning off checked boxes in "Location", also found in the Android Settings menu.

I use Task Manager by Rhythm Software to easily manage running tasks on my Android devices. It works well without using excessive resources, is quite versatile, and is available as a free download from the Market.

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #2,997 of 13,503

Quote:
You can improve battery run time by turning off Wi-Fi and then unchecking "Background Data" which is found in the Android settings menu under "Accounts and Sync". (These need to be turned back on in order to access the Android Market, now called "Play Store").
I use Task Manager by Rhythm Software to easily manage running tasks on my Android devices. It works well without using excessive resources, is quite versatile, and is available as a free download from the Market.

It works perfect. Thank you HiFlight

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #2,998 of 13,503
I promise No more pictures after these
bigsmile_face.gif

I am very proud of this cable, as it was made to spec for me, silver/gold hybrid 3.5mm to RCA Oyaide plugs.

I have received a new portable amp today, on the right, initial impressions, are not bad at all
tongue_smile.gif
. This isn't the appropriate place to write about it, but I will post pictures on another thread, it is pretty nice to look at and this picture does it no justice.

This set up is waiting for it's mate
wink_face.gif

This uses the same silver/gold hybrid cable

This cable is in burn in mode with the new Triad and what I bought Monday
bigsmile_face.gif

Another pair of Westone W4, this time the R version!!!

I have heard this whole set up briefly and this daisy chain of silver/gold hybrid cables with the W4Rs is a pretty incredible sounding rig...............you will never believe that the W4s can sound this good!!!

The iBasso DX100 definitely does a good job completing this Bedside rig of mine. I still have a few weird and wonderful tweaks to add.......watch this space
wink_face.gif
!!!

beerchug.gif
 I have made up a list of CIEMs to purchase, I have 6 on the list so far, going to get all the ear impressions done in one go
confused_face_2.gif
, that will be a fun afternoon!

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #2,999 of 13,503
Mar 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #3,000 of 13,503

Quote:
I paid $10 brokerage and 12% HST... not bad

That's got to be too good to be true! I can't wait to get it then, I was expecting it at least to be around $80!

Quote:
My slick minimalist theme for my DX100
tongue_smile.gif
....I think so anyway
ksc75smile.gif

why can't I get the pictures to show the right way......
confused_face_2.gif
. Well it is poor quality from the phone, so nevermind!

No need for the ugly music player app. icon with the media buttons.

Press play and it plays last song, to go into directory, scroll the drop down notification page, and click on song. If you have two music players, the Media buttons always default to stock player when you reboot!

Little blue number is the Battery wigdet. 

That's fantastic!! I like that the buttons are in the front, no need to activate screen, unlock, swipe, then click next song!! Did you design that yourself? I'm taking that its just a theme on top of the existing DX100 music player app? :D!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back