iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Feb 10, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #766 of 13,503

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you. I didn't notice who you are addressing and was looking for more images of the DX100 on the thread and couldn't figure out where they were! lol 

I wasnt referring to the pics of the DX100, that's why I mentioned Off Topic but the pictures on the pbase site........again, STUNNING!!!

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #767 of 13,503

Quote:
Quote:

I know - and maybe I am misreading his post - but he seems to be presenting this as an argument in favour of the D2. It isn't since the D2 and DX100 are both all-in-one devices.

No biggie. I just find it impossible to ignore errant logic. It's low hanging fruit.

Lol what do you mean by low hanging fruit? Is that suppose to mean crazy or dumb? :wink:

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #768 of 13,503

Quote:
Back on topic, I personally am passing on the DX100 for now because of my love of my current rig. (In fact, I have a high-end LPAD cable on the way from Qusp using matched custom zfoil resistors to give me the best low volume control with the CLAS+Stepdance. Okay I am a bit of a fanatic but I know what I like.)

However, I did also just buy an 8GB MicroSD card so that I can spend some quality time soon with Wagen's DX100 - this time listening to my own music. (It cost all of $8.) The DX100 is a very cool device.

One observation: Not all of us care about > Redbook high def files. (I for one care not at all.) So there are several good Android apps that make the DX100 a gapless DAP. And you can always switch to the native app for high def when necessary.

Is power amp one of these apps lol I don't recall if having gapless?

You better be careful know you may end up regretting spending more time with your friends DX100 and may end up throwing your CLAS rig out the window :wink:.

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #769 of 13,503

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you. I didn't notice who you are addressing and was looking for more images of the DX100 on the thread and couldn't figure out where they were! lol 

Yes, PowerAmp is gapless and I like it. I do find that some red book high res sounds very good and noticed this even on my high end home setup when comparing to SACD. 

Yes, gap-less playback with PowerAmp works well? Could you comment on that? Is it really seamless? Most of my musical library is regular 16bit/44kHz FLAC, so I don't really need the high resolution so much; would have been nice if it were possible to have everything working perfectly as it should in their native player, but I could live with an alternative solution. Just how good does PowerAmp work, and is the sound quality on par with the same quality audio files played in iBasso's native player?

Otherwise I'm back on the iPod + HP-P1 combo solution.

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #773 of 13,503

Quote:
Congrats, let us know what you think.

I see they don't think they're going to be able to give us gapless.

If poweramp and other apps have this capability I don't see it as an issue honestly and I'm sure they should be able to implement it themselves if these other programs can do so.

So you still passing on this Somnambulist even though the preorder price is $765?

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #774 of 13,503

Quote:
Yes, gap-less playback with PowerAmp works well? Could you comment on that? Is it really seamless? Most of my musical library is regular 16bit/44kHz FLAC, so I don't really need the high resolution so much; would have been nice if it were possible to have everything working perfectly as it should in their native player, but I could live with an alternative solution. Just how good does PowerAmp work, and is the sound quality on par with the same quality audio files played in iBasso's native player?

Otherwise I'm back on the iPod + HP-P1 combo solution

Yes, it goes from one song to another just like on a CD or like on a live concert, where one song melds into another. It works great. 

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #775 of 13,503
Why is it that iPod and RockBox to name but 2 can manage gapless but none of the high end players can ?

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #776 of 13,503

Quote:
Why is it that iPod and RockBox to name but 2 can manage gapless but none of the high end players can ?

It does using poweramp which I find poweramp to be much more user friendly than even the ibasso stock player and it sounds great. I don't see an issue here and poweramp does have gapless. Problem solved. Just another plus of having android.

At $765 you get your unit cheaper than a hifiman 801 and its superior from all the impressions we've gotten so far. Plus you don't have to buy a $200.00 game chip to make it "a portable player to use with portable sensitive IEMS".

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #777 of 13,503
I'm not that fussed about gapless, it's been a while since I had a DAP that did it (Rio Karma a LOOOOOONG time ago). New firmware in 1-2 days for current owners to try out then... let's see how it goes.

So far I'm still on the fence between this and the HP-P1 combo, even if they bug fix lol, it's so hard to decide!

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #778 of 13,503

Quote:
Is power amp one of these apps lol I don't recall if having gapless?

You better be careful know you may end up regretting spending more time with your friends DX100 and may end up throwing your CLAS rig out the window :wink:.

Now that is an interesting speculation as it may well be a path I'll take. I just pre-ordered the DX100 2 hrs ago too and just re-read this entire thread wondering if the DX100 will at least equate, if not, better, my iDevice+CLAS+SR-71B (or Pico Slim) combo.

Unfortunately there's only been one comparison of the DX100 vs the CLAS/Stepdance and no comparisons against the SR-71B yet (but there has been speculations only).

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #780 of 13,503

Quote:
Now that is an interesting speculation as it may well be a path I'll take. I just pre-ordered the DX100 2 hrs ago too and just re-read this entire thread wondering if the DX100 will at least equate, if not, better, my iDevice+CLAS+SR-71B (or Pico Slim) combo.

Unfortunately there's only been one comparison of the DX100 vs the CLAS/Stepdance and no comparisons against the SR-71B yet (but there has been speculations only).

Hope you enjoy your new toy. Looking forward to you ejecting your current rig off the highest building-top in Tokyo To :wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back